PurpleCanary

The Never-President Trump

Oh boy, it's going to be a very long two years ahead... and Republican leader McCarthy is giving her a leadership position. 

Greene.jpg

Edited by Surfer
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Surfer said:

Oh boy, it's going to be a very long two years ahead... and Republican leader McCarthy is giving her a leadership position. 

Greene.jpg

Look on the bright side. Every time she opens her mouth guarantees another tranche of votes for the Dems at the next election.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Yellow and Green said:

Musk has opened a poll on Twitter, asking people whether he should reinstate Trump's account.

It's 54% vs 46% in favour of reactivating it, so please do us all a favour and vote no.

https://mobile.twitter.com/elonmusk

Even better, abandon Twitter and join Mastodon instead, as many are doing, including Norfolk's finest, Stephen Fry.

Now we know why Trump declared himself a presidential candidate so early.  He thought it would protect him from the ongoing criminal investigation.  Now an independent investigator has been appointed, and the Orange One is NOT happy.

46 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Even better, abandon Twitter and join Mastodon instead, as many are doing, including Norfolk's finest, Stephen Fry.

Never had a Twitter account and never intend to, but I am tempted to create one just to vote No before ditching it again 😄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

Even if loads of people do delete twitter, he will still use it as a megaphone, as the news outlets will continue to report on his insanity.

50 minutes ago, benchwarmer said:

Now we know why Trump declared himself a presidential candidate so early.  He thought it would protect him from the ongoing criminal investigation.  Now an independent investigator has been appointed, and the Orange One is NOT happy.

He'll still claim that they're politically motivated, which his supporters will believe.

4 minutes ago, Yellow and Green said:

Even if loads of people do delete twitter, he will still use it as a megaphone, as the news outlets will continue to report on his insanity.

True, but if people abandon Twitter in the numbers that are leaving presently it will have all the political impact of Trump's own Truth Social site, i.e. none.

5 minutes ago, Yellow and Green said:

He'll still claim that they're politically motivated, which his supporters will believe.

Trump supporters will never change irrespective of any evidence of his depravity and lying. They're a lost cause and should be written off as such. The Democrats did very well in the mid-terms by ignoring the Maga morons and appealing to those who are still open to rational discourse. Hence Biden's focus on the threat to US democracy and liberty posed by Trump's mob.

Let Trump rejoin Twitter. Its just more ammunition against him. He was banned and then rubbished Twitter as fraudulent and loaded against him. So why would he rejoin?

Just now, horsefly said:

Trump supporters will never change irrespective of any evidence of his depravity and lying. They're a lost cause and should be written off as such. The Democrats did very well in the mid-terms by ignoring the Maga morons and appealing to those who are still open to rational discourse. Hence Biden's focus on the threat to US democracy and liberty posed by Trump's mob.

Trump has lost the Independent vote. As you say, forget the inbreds, they will never believe anything else. Its like Hunt never mentioning that Brexit is another reason why the UK is in the siht. Some will never accept it.

• Like 4

Slightly deviating from the thread, but I stumbled across this. It is the transcript of the letter George H W Bush left on the oval office desk for Bill Clinton. I wonder what the chubby satsuma left for Joe?

JANUARY 20, 1993

Dear Bill,

When I walked into this office just now I felt the same sense of wonder and respect that I felt four years ago. I know you will feel that, too.

I wish you great happiness here. I never felt the loneliness some Presidents have described.

There will be very tough times, made even more difficult by criticism you may not think is fair. I'm not a very good one to give advice; but just don't let the critics discourage you or push you off course.

You will be our President when you read this note. I wish you well. I wish your family well.

Your success now is our country's success. I am rooting hard for you.

Good Luck — George

• Like 2

The Supreme Court, the one Trump loaded, has reversed a decision and ruled the Treasury Dept must hand over Trump's tax returns to Congress.

He may comeout of prison at his age.

1 hour ago, Daz Sparks said:

Slightly deviating from the thread, but I stumbled across this. It is the transcript of the letter George H W Bush left on the oval office desk for Bill Clinton. I wonder what the chubby satsuma left for Joe?

JANUARY 20, 1993

Dear Bill,

When I walked into this office just now I felt the same sense of wonder and respect that I felt four years ago. I know you will feel that, too.

I wish you great happiness here. I never felt the loneliness some Presidents have described.

There will be very tough times, made even more difficult by criticism you may not think is fair. I'm not a very good one to give advice; but just don't let the critics discourage you or push you off course.

You will be our President when you read this note. I wish you well. I wish your family well.

Your success now is our country's success. I am rooting hard for you.

Good Luck — George

I think he found this vid on his desk:

• Haha 1

On 16/11/2022 at 20:13, keelansgrandad said:

His ego must be so huge that if he didn't stand he could always say he was robbed. And lots would believe him.

The kind of toxic narcissism that Trump displays is often seen in dictators and leaders of cults such as the Moonies, and some people find it irresistibly attractive.  They're worshipped like gods, and that's what they really want - Trump doesn't care about Nancy Pelosi or Black Lives Matter except as a means to manipulate his followers and feed his insatiable ego.

It never ends well.

Edited by benchwarmer
  • Like 3

On 23/11/2022 at 05:47, keelansgrandad said:

The Supreme Court, the one Trump loaded, has reversed a decision and ruled the Treasury Dept must hand over Trump's tax returns to Congress.

And he isn't happy about that  🤣

Whine.jpg

10 hours ago, Surfer said:

And he isn't happy about that  🤣

Whine.jpg

Hilarious! "...unprecedented to be handing over tax returns" except that is precisely what all his predecessors have done in the interests of ensuring that the president of the United States is above suspicion.

I also loved his rant "Give me freedom or give me death". If only the US public could get a vote on that choice.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

He is just a fairground barker. 

I think you might be overestimating his talents KG. Although he's certainly barking.

Now his stupidity has dropped him in it

He has been on Truth Social and questioned why previous Presidents who took documents home were not prosecuted. They took more home than he did he posted.

That admits7 that he knowingly took them to Mar a Lago. He cannot claim innocence or naievity anymore.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Surfer said:

IMO he's just trying to get one person out of a jury of 12 not to convict him. 

Imagine what jury selection would be like?

Great news:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/man-who-wears-eye-patch-after-shooting-himself-with-his-own-gun-convicted-over-capitol-riot/ar-AA14IlTp?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=6c81f08b1d9f406daa816ab104fd9708

Man who wears eye patch after shooting himself with his own gun convicted over Capitol riot

Let's hope he gets the full 20 years. I hadn't realised he shot himself in the eye, hilarious! I guess he was looking down the barrel when he pulled the trigger to clear it of a lead obstruction.