PurpleCanary

The Never-President Trump

Now you were saying RTB... Quelle surprise eh? She always was a Russian funded GOP mole. 

• Haha 1

Furious Donald Trump has lashed out and made unproven claims of election interference after his high-profile Republican endorsee Kari Lake lost the Arizona governor race in the latest hammer blow to his presidential ambitions.

Lake, a vocal MAGA supporter who backed Trump's claims of 2020 voter fraud, suffered a shock defeat to Democrat Katie Hobbs, which she also claimed was fixed.

Soon after the race was called, rather than conceding gracefully, Lake took to Twitter to say: 'Arizonans know BS when they see it.' 

Trump added fuel to the flames on Truth Social, where he posted: 'Wow! They just took the election away from Kari Lake. It's really bad out there!'

The upset could not come at a worse time for Trump, still reeling from a series of devastating losses from his candidates in the midterms, as he prepares to make a 'major announcement' today at Mar-a-Lago.

The former president has now been urged by senior Republicans not to run again in 2024, but he is still expected to mount a dogged campaign.

33 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Apparently, she didn't pray hard enough RTB. Or just maybe God isn't a Republican?

Kari Lake. Anti semite. Homophobic. Denier. Against abortion and equal rights for LGBTQ.

First she was Republican who voted for Obama. Then a Democrat. Now a Republican again. Promotes Christian values and the need for it in politics but was a Buddhist.

Promoted Hydroxychloroquine during the Pandemic.

I would say the voters of Arizona escaped one.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Surfer said:

Don’t look now, but he who can’t be named …. Is baaack … 😂

And for once I think this is a good move by Trump. But not for the gop.😀

• Like 1

On 08/11/2022 at 08:42, benchwarmer said:

There's something about Trump that makes my skin crawl.

This. In spades. I'd forgotten how just listening to that patronizing, creepy voice made me feel. Hopefully he's very much misjudged the situation.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

This. In spades. I'd forgotten how just listening to that patronizing, creepy voice made me feel. Hopefully he's very much misjudged the situation.

And we think we have problems with the Conservatives! What’s with Trump surely he won’t get the chance to run again!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Indy said:

And we think we have problems with the Conservatives! What’s with Trump surely he won’t get the chance to run again!

Let's hope he does. Nothing else would guarantee a massive Democrat victory more than the fraudulent buffoon destroying the GOP's chances in 2024. Mind you, I'm not sure he will be allowed to run for office from a prison cell.

• Like 2

Don't be entirely surprised if the Republicans there, or indeed some of the more ignorant/rabid/cretinous Tories here try insinuating the same on a regular basis.

Fact is, a certain brand of scared, small-minded moron has always been scared of women doing their own thing and not following the nuclear template set out. And it's beautiful watching them retch like this.

Why did single women vote for Democrats? Republicans have an asinine theory | Salon.com

Edited by TheGunnShow

17 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Kari Lake. Anti semite. Homophobic. Denier. Against abortion and equal rights for LGBTQ.

First she was Republican who voted for Obama. Then a Democrat. Now a Republican again. Promotes Christian values and the need for it in politics but was a Buddhist.

Promoted Hydroxychloroquine during the Pandemic.

I would say the voters of Arizona escaped one.

I loved the tweet where she said "Arizonans know BS when they see it" and people were basically saying "yeah, exactly why you lost!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, horsefly said:

Let's hope he does. Nothing else would guarantee a massive Democrat victory more than the fraudulent buffoon destroying the GOP's chances in 2024. Mind you, I'm not sure he will be allowed to run for office from a prison cell.

Yes, I think De Santis might have a chance of beating Biden if he promotes policies. Trump has none and will just revert to believing he will win because he will rubbish Biden.

Fact is nobody apart from the inbreds can stand him any more. Not all republicans have the same hatred as Trump espouses.

Surely someone is going to ask him "Why are you standing if you think the election is rigged?"

• Like 1

To save America. That’s what he will say and plenty will choose to believe that, especially if the new narrow majority of Republican House Representatives decide it’s in their political interest to create chaos for the next two years. 

All aided and abetted by Fox News etc. 

22 minutes ago, Surfer said:

To save America. That’s what he will say and plenty will choose to believe that, especially if the new narrow majority of Republican House Representatives decide it’s in their political interest to create chaos for the next two years. 

All aided and abetted by Fox News etc. 

I think luckily there are more people who watch Kimmel, Maher, Stewart and Noah than Fox and the NY Post.

Edited by keelansgrandad

Nobody really had much on Trump in 2016. Now there is a litany of fraud, lies and errors that would make any election organisers job pretty easy. The inbreds will never stop voting for him but the Independents would never vote for him and he will be toast even if he beats De Santis. 

His ego must be so huge that if he didn't stand he could always say he was robbed. And lots would believe him. But if he loses the Republican nomination he will go down, in both senses.

WASHINGTON — More and more big-money bundlers are abandoning former President Donald Trump’s bid to return to the White House in 2024 in favor of rising GOP stars like Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis.

Two New York-based billionaires, metal mogul Andy Sabin and private equity CEO Stephen Schwarzman, have each spoken out against the 76-year-old Trump in recent days.

“I’m not going to give [Trump] a f—ing nickel,” Sabin told CNBC ahead of the 45th president’s campaign launch at Mar-a-Lago on Tuesday.

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

When the New York post treats Trump with such contempt and ridicule I think we can safely assume it's over for Trumpty Dumpty

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/new-york-post-applauded-for-florida-man-coverage-of-trump-s-2024-announcement/ar-AA14bLm8?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=d3fe0bd1c7ed4a4d8fcab8d7d6ae920f

See the source image

When you fall out with Murdoch or if he has no use for you, you tend to last less than 12 months.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

When you fall out with Murdoch or if he has no use for you, you tend to last less than 12 months.

Not the just in manner in which his demise should be, but demise it is, and I'll settle for it.

Not sure if DeSantis could win as let's face it, he's attacking Trump more from the right than left - he'd probably have to go full culture war as a manifesto and hope enough fall for the nonsense.

2 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Not sure if DeSantis could win as let's face it, he's attacking Trump more from the right than left - he'd probably have to go full culture war as a manifesto and hope enough fall for the nonsense.

But if he attacks him about Jan 6, Covid, fraud, Russia and the document raid, he will be joining with the left and indicating apart from the inbreds, there is nobody going to believe or listen to him.

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

But if he attacks him about Jan 6, Covid, fraud, Russia and the document raid, he will be joining with the left and indicating apart from the inbreds, there is nobody going to believe or listen to him.

That might work against Trump, but my comment was about the overall election. Fair enough, I didn't make that clear beforehand.

DeSantis will simply run as a more presentable Trump as he stands no chance of becoming president without persuading the Maga hate morons to vote for him. Thus, he will have to be very careful about how he responds to Trump's abuse and criticisms. I expect his strategy will be based on praising Trump's "great achievements" but will claim that Trump as a person is too toxic to win enough votes from moderates to kick out the Dems.

23 minutes ago, horsefly said:

DeSantis will simply run as a more presentable Trump as he stands no chance of becoming president without persuading the Maga hate morons to vote for him. Thus, he will have to be very careful about how he responds to Trump's abuse and criticisms. I expect his strategy will be based on praising Trump's "great achievements" but will claim that Trump as a person is too toxic to win enough votes from moderates to kick out the Dems.

I just don't think Trump, will get as far as 2024.

Some of the court / federal cases are going to do for him.

That or it will be a coup!

6 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

I just don't think Trump, will get as far as 2024.

Some of the court / federal cases are going to do for him.

That or it will be a coup!

I expect you're right on that. However, while we wait for Don to model an orange jumpsuit, I expect DeSantis to play out the strategy of praising Trump's "achievements" but push the line that he is too toxic as a person to win over the "moderate" voters necessary for a GOP victory. Desantis' politics are every bit as toxic as Trumpty Dumpty's, and that should keep most of the Maga morons on board, but he will push his vomit-inducing "family man" image to the limit in an attempt to win back the GOP voters who deserted the party because of Trump's grotesqueness.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

I expect you're right on that. However, while we wait for Don to model an orange jumpsuit, I expect DeSantis to play out the strategy of praising Trump's "achievements" but push the line that he is too toxic as a person to win over the "moderate" voters necessary for a GOP victory. Desantis' politics are every bit as toxic as Trumpty Dumpty's, and that should keep most of the Maga morons on board, but he will push his vomit-inducing "family man" image to the limit in an attempt to win back the GOP voters who deserted the party because of Trump's grotesqueness.

Suspect that might work well in the South, but I suspect moderates, independents, and above all, the young will turn out in greater numbers in the rest to turn things around and against him. He will keep the MAGA set on board as after all, all they want is anything that's "not liberal", which in US terms means anything remotely centre-right as opposed to right.

Speaking of the bullsh/it "family man" stuff, the UK isn't immune to it. Andrea Leadsom deserved even more flak than she got when she pulled out the "mother" line on Theresa May, with the hilariously moronic line that being a mother made her better qualified.

2 hours ago, horsefly said:

Shakespeare (not our Shakey😉) has many quotable lines for most politicians but I came across this for Trump recently.

Although "Hell is empty and all the devils are here" is also apt from The Tempest.

The era of the 1600s and the time of Shakespeare also feels appropriate for our world and domestic politics because we don't appear to be learning much centuries on. People keep electing fools, blagards and shysters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheGunnShow said:

Suspect that might work well in the South, but I suspect moderates, independents, and above all, the young will turn out in greater numbers in the rest to turn things around and against him. He will keep the MAGA set on board as after all, all they want is anything that's "not liberal", which in US terms means anything remotely centre-right as opposed to right.

Speaking of the bullsh/it "family man" stuff, the UK isn't immune to it. Andrea Leadsom deserved even more flak than she got when she pulled out the "mother" line on Theresa May, with the hilariously moronic line that being a mother made her better qualified.

I think you are right. The US is under enormous threat at the moment. Their kind of democracy is being threatened by Trump. 

We know he doesn't give a monkeys about anyone but himself but has to play out the facade that he is taking the US back to a different time. So he continues with his black and white, you against me politics. The inbreds love it. 

As America's influence wanes and the Chinese threaten their place at thehead of table, many can't accept it. And Trump has told them, an idea that works time after time, that it isn't their fault and he can remedy it.

But the majority of US citizens know that his rhetoric will push things too far. Elections are not a fraud. There aren't millions crossing their borders. Chinese products are cheaper and more popular. Putin holds a get out of jail card with his nuclear arsenal. Israel isn't helping keep millions of Muslims oppressed. They are making it worse. The US economy is more vulnerable than it has ever been.

Diplomacy maybe false but currently is a game that has to be respected. Brashness and rudeness will not convince anyone.