PurpleCanary

The Never-President Trump

Gaetz and Greene attempt to visit the Jan 6th terrorist insurrectionists in prison to offer their support just moments after they have slandered and ridiculed police officers killed and injured during the capitol hill riot. So much for the GOP's claim to be the party of law and order.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/matt-gaetz-and-marjorie-taylor-greene-accused-of-trespassing-at-prison-holding-capitol-rioters/ar-AAMIh3B?ocid=msedgntp

2 hours ago, horsefly said:

Gaetz and Greene attempt to visit the Jan 6th terrorist insurrectionists in prison to offer their support just moments after they have slandered and ridiculed police officers killed and injured during the capitol hill riot. So much for the GOP's claim to be the party of law and order.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/matt-gaetz-and-marjorie-taylor-greene-accused-of-trespassing-at-prison-holding-capitol-rioters/ar-AAMIh3B?ocid=msedgntp

These people are building an army of malcontents, thugs, racists, mysoginistic, homophobic morons, who in reality they despise but form a voting bloc for them to stay in power and weave their own agendas.

And on top of the tax returns, we have this (not unexpected, other than it has been uncovered) bombshell.

Trump 3.jpg

4 hours ago, Surfer said:

And on top of the tax returns, we have this (not unexpected, other than it has been uncovered) bombshell.

Trump 3.jpg

As you say, not in the least surprising but nonetheless truly shocking that a president of the USA would even contemplate subverting the democratic process by attempting what amounts to a coup. Day by day the evidence mounts against the fat orange turd, now that he doesn't have the power to prevent it becoming public. I wonder if they can find an orange jumpsuit to match his skin colour!

Meanwhile - despite McCarthy's best efforts to accuse Nancy Pelosi for a lack of security at Congress.....

Complicit.jpg

Edited by Surfer

Meanwhile the "Evangelical" christo-facists are in full swing this weekend. Lets let our followers die;  as long as we can own the libs and establish dominion here on earth what's a human sacrifice (or even 10,000?) matter if we can achieve that?

Christo-Facists.jpg

Edited by Surfer

Meanwhile, the same "I'm very concerned" GOP Senator Susan Collins "is "troubled" by the lack of bi-partisanship on the investigating committee. Of course she's also very forgetful about the reason why. (Hint - she knows exactly what happened and what she's doing....)

Edited by Surfer

Meanwhile, the fascists ramping up their propaganda... the f word is not just mine. Schmidt is a long time Republican and former campaign manager for the late Senator John McCain. 

Faciist1.jpg

Facist 2.jpg

Facist 3.jpg

Facist 4.jpg

There's no pretence anymore. Fascism is here and being pushed by Murdoch's goons. Trump, Johnson, Orban, Bolsanaro etc. All using the same playbook and anybody supporting them know exactly what they are supporting.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Herman said:

There's no pretence anymore. Fascism is here and being pushed by Murdoch's goons. Trump, Johnson, Orban, Bolsanaro etc. All using the same playbook and anybody supporting them know exactly what they are supporting.

Trouble is, we on the left have no chance of altering it. Its up to those centre right politicians and voters to remember the rise of the right in the first third of the Twentieth Century and oppose not support them.

• Like 1

On 04/08/2021 at 16:01, keelansgrandad said:

Trouble is, we on the left have no chance of altering it. Its up to those centre right politicians and voters to remember the rise of the right in the first third of the Twentieth Century and oppose not support them.

remember Cable Street - No pasarán

It's time the Daily Mail gave a front-page apology for its support of  anti-semitism and Hitler | Pride's Purge

the same scare-mongering, the same hate as now

Battle of Cable Street: through our newspaper archives | HCA Librarian

and the same support for anti democratic beliefs

On 01/08/2021 at 08:08, horsefly said:

You're going to love this story Gunny!

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other/no-children-no-vote-fox-news-s-latest-asinine-suggestion/ar-AAMMLl8?ocid=msedgntp

No children, no vote: Fox News’s latest asinine suggestion

Yeah, the old lie that the childfree have "no skin in the game" even though OECD figures show that the single and childfree pay more tax than anyone on the same income. A US think tank even showed that the single and childfree are the only group taxed into poverty. I really would not be surprised if this is true across the whole OECD.

Besides, these GOP sorts are often "no taxation without representation" sorts. I guess that means if I have no vote, I don't have to pay any taxes then....

Of course not. They've just made it clear that they're not interested in democracy at this point. So much for "one person, one vote".

Edited by TheGunnShow

8 minutes ago, Herman said:

righties trying to block the lawful democratic process - whatever next !

they'll be trying to rig the voting franchise next

closing parliament

blocking MPs from having a vote on legislation

sadly this is an all too familiar ploy by righties

remember the plot to overthrow the Labour government in 1968, and in the early 1970s *

Reichstag fire

*A network of right-wing paramilitary organisations also begun to proliferate in the middle of the decade. The founder of the SAS, Sir David Stirling, who thought the left of the Labour Party was a ‘cancer’, argued for the establishment of a voluntary army to defend against the ‘steady encroachment on the public enterprise system, together with the forcing of trade union members on to the executive board of companies’. This was no idle talk – Stirling founded the GB75, a far-right royalist organisation preparing for the coming show-down. According to Major Alexander Greenwood, who founded his own rightist organisation, Stirling would openly talk about the need to provoke the unions into a confrontation by getting their leaders ‘run over by a bus’. The former deputy director of MI6, George Young, set up Unison, another right-wing paramilitary force, and Sir General Walker created Civil Assistance."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/trump-lawyers-face-penalties-for-stunning-bid-to-overturn-election-judge-says/ar-AANKleU?ocid=msedgntp

It's all coming home to roost for the numpty-nine-chicken-sh*it lawyers prepared to do Trump's insurrectionist bidding:

Nine pro-Trump lawyers who participated in a Michigan lawsuit to overturn the 2020 election results will face financial penalties and could even be disbarred, a federal judge has ruled.

"This lawsuit represents a historic and profound abuse of the judicial process,” US District Judge Linda Parker wrote in a blistering opinion on Wednesday. “It is one thing to take on the charge of vindicating rights associated with an allegedly fraudulent election. It is another to take on the charge of deceiving a federal court and the American people into believing that rights were infringed, without regard to whether any laws or rights were in fact violated. This is what happened here.”

• Like 1

On 11/02/2017 at 19:15, kick it off said:

No chance he''ll last four years, I doubt he''ll get near completing Year 2 to be honest.

Bad luck, have another go. Here’s an easier one

Predict whether Biden will last four years or four months. No prizes though. 

41 minutes ago, Erraticus said:

Bad luck, have another go. Here’s an easier one

Predict whether Biden will last four years or four months. No prizes though. 

Blimey! You had to trawl back a bit to find that! I don't think KIO was alone in thinking an idiot and sociopath like Trump would not last very long. Check out the Amazon Prime documentary: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Unfit-Psychology-Donald-Trump/dp/B08KLHDJDS/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=unfit&qid=1630134899&s=instant-video&sr=1-1. As it turned out Trump only managed a one-term-two-impeachment reign that ended with him instigating an insurrectionist attack on the very seat of US democracy. Perhaps if the GOP had discarded him after 2 years they wouldn't now be dominated by far right-wing conspiracy theory loons.

Just a polite reminder, Biden has already lasted eight months so you can cross the four month prediction off your list.

I didn't think trump would last but in the end I am more shocked at how low the Republicans took themselves. 

11 hours ago, horsefly said:

Blimey! You had to trawl back a bit to find that! I don't think KIO was alone in thinking an idiot and sociopath like Trump would not last very long. Check out the Amazon Prime documentary: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Unfit-Psychology-Donald-Trump/dp/B08KLHDJDS/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=unfit&qid=1630134899&s=instant-video&sr=1-1. As it turned out Trump only managed a one-term-two-impeachment reign that ended with him instigating an insurrectionist attack on the very seat of US democracy. Perhaps if the GOP had discarded him after 2 years they wouldn't now be dominated by far right-wing conspiracy theory loons.

Just a polite reminder, Biden has already lasted eight months so you can cross the four month prediction off your list.

Crikey ! Or should I say Blimey ! 

I had not previously looked at this thread. I rarely look at the Non-Football section, no more than once or twice a year (the Football section not too much more) Therefore, I started at the beginning, that's why I saw the Trump out in four years prediction. My response was light-hearted so not to be taken seriously but thanks for the detailed time-lines. And no, I am far from being a Trump supporter but nor was I a Clinton supporter, of either gender for that matter. One thing I do believe (like most I am sure) is that, from the start, Kamala Harris was always intended to take over from Biden mid-term - please don't take that literally i.e. of course not exactly half-way but at some point during Biden's Presidency, the anticipation was that Harris would take over from Biden due to his declining mental competence. 

1 hour ago, Erraticus said:

I had not previously looked at this thread. I rarely look at the Non-Football section, no more than once or twice a year (the Football section not too much more) Therefore, I started at the beginning, that's why I saw the Trump out in four years prediction. My response was light-hearted so not to be taken seriously but thanks for the detailed time-lines. And no, I am far from being a Trump supporter but nor was I a Clinton supporter, of either gender for that matter. One thing I do believe (like most I am sure) is that, from the start, Kamala Harris was always intended to take over from Biden mid-term - please don't take that literally i.e. of course not exactly half-way but at some point during Biden's Presidency, the anticipation was that Harris would take over from Biden due to his declining mental competence. 

I think there is much truth in what you say. Harris, the first totally black and female President in an era of divide seems to be perfect politics.

11 hours ago, Erraticus said:

Fair enough! However, unless there really is some medical emergency I just don't see Biden not completing a full term. I think the plan is for him only to complete one-term and not attempt the traditional two-term presidency, leaving Harris the obvious candidate to run for president after this term is complete. It would enormously damage Harris' run in 2024 if she was installed into the presidency part way through Biden's reign without clear evidence that it was an absolute necessity. It would easily be portrayed as a fit up and complete betrayal of the US voting public, and I just don't see the Democrats being so stupid as to make that mistake.

As for evidence of Biden's "declining mental competence". Firstly I think you have to be very careful not to confuse his life-long struggle with a significant stammer as evidence for mental decline (He frequently trips over his words as a result of combating his stammer). Secondly, Ronald Reagan remained in office despite showing signs of severe dementia; there is a natural reluctance to remove a president from power outside of the normal democratic voting process unless it becomes a clear necessity.