PurpleCanary

The Never-President Trump

With leadership (sic) like this who needs enemies?

CoronaVirus - "it will just go away" - so take those masks off.

Wildfires  - "it will get cooler" - so let's emit more Methane and C02.

https://twitter.com/deanofdublin/status/1305616049589551104

https://www.courthousenews.com/20-states-sue-over-trump-rollback-of-methane-regulations/

The states joining California in the lawsuit filed Monday are Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia and Washington.

Edited by Surfer

Donald Trump has been on Fox & Friends this morning. Among the tidbits are that he said he had read Bob Woodward’s book Rage last night, and that it was “boring”. The book runs to some 400 pages.

Biden said he would mandate masks during a town hall if he became potus. This idiot said Biden did not mandate them. Biden cannot mandate them until he is potus.

You see that flag called “manipulated media” Jools?  Common, you can do better than that.

Edited by Surfer
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Surfer said:

You see that flag called “manipulated media” Jools?  Common, you can do better than that. 

He can't. He really can't. 🤣

Running out of straws Jools?

You still cannot accept that a senile old man who according to you is a fool, is going to replace Trump.

Trump, I played it down, no I didn't. Its just the flu, no it isn't. Soldiers are losers. Women are just ****. And you respect that?

3 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

Another epic fail by poor Jools.

https://www.mediaite.com/news/trump-shares-manipulated-fake-video-of-biden-playing-fck-the-police-on-his-iphone-it-was-despacito/

Trump Shares ‘Manipulated’ Fake Video of Biden Playing ‘F*ck the Police’ on His iPhone (It Was Despacito)

See Trump thinks it's bad whereas I see it as demonstrating his good musical taste! Another tick for Biden! (If it wasnt fake)

9 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

Another epic fail by poor Jools.

https://www.mediaite.com/news/trump-shares-manipulated-fake-video-of-biden-playing-fck-the-police-on-his-iphone-it-was-despacito/

Trump Shares ‘Manipulated’ Fake Video of Biden Playing ‘F*ck the Police’ on His iPhone (It Was Despacito)

Did it ever cross your small brain that both videos are hilarious to the majority of Americans?

9 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

You still cannot accept that a senile old man who according to you is a fool, is going to replace Trump.

Who in their right minds would? 

Latest poll in "swing state" Wisconsin.    Biden 51%, Trump 42.

It's that's true it's a wipeout on Nov 03 for Trump and the Republicans, and deserved too. 

Why? Here's just one subject example.... 

Masks 0.jpg

Masks 1.jpg

Edited by Surfer

12 hours ago, SHRIMPER said:

We know what he will say about her Shrimper. Incompetent liar so we got rid of her.

Guy said to me a couple of days ago. Why do we revere the US as a nation if 40% of those who will vote will vote for this egotistical, lying thicko.

I have great intest in the States as a vast part of my family lives there. I have spent quite a lot of time there and seen more good than bad. Sad to say though is that the devision in the country is so bad it will take something special to bring some sort of normallity  back. A good step will be to rid the country of such people as Moscow Mitch, Lindsey Graham, Jim Jordan and the rest of the corrupt GOP. The NRA hold way to much power through vast sums of party funds given to republicans and should be stopped. As stated before..my birthday is on Nov 3rd and hoping for a good result.

I hope the American voters can deliver that for you Shrimper. But it’s not a foregone conclusion unfortunately. The phrase “the fish rots from the head” sounds encouraging in that you may assume if Trump is not re-elected - or for the UK if Boris steps down - all will be O.K. Well an immediate slide into authoritarianism may be avoided but the two formerly respected parties - Republican and Tory - have seen how close they have got with an incompetent leader, and there are more competent snakes in the wings thirsting to try this again. 

So I am with you, the second priority after removing Trump is a working majority in the Senate. Then the hard work of rebuilding institutions and a fair distribution of the economic benefits can begin. If Republicans manage to hold on to the Senate - which is deliberately skewed to favour the large number of underpopulated States they will immediately block and sabotage the incoming President just like they have done before. 

Stateside, we need to fix campaign financing and gerrymandered district boundaries. In the UK I’d suggest adding Single Transferable Vote so each MP is elected by at least 50% of the voters in their constituency. We should remove the current Congressional seats limits, and expand the Senate representation too. Presidential powers v Congress v Courts need to be reviewed and formalized into enforced laws. and we need to deal with The international issues of data privacy, media diversity and outright propaganda channels.

There is so much to fix, but if Biden is elected we will at least have a competent team to attack these issues, if Trump is re-elected then God help us all. 

Edited by Surfer
  • Thanks 1

This Supreme Court secession is a massive problem in the short term - if only because it may well lead to even more Republican bias around contested election results, but it need not be a problem if Biden wins the election and Democrats hold 51 seats in the next Senate. That is because there is no constitutional limit on the number of judges, the Democrats could increase it to 15 for example, and appoint 6 new judges if they wanted too. It's all about raw power now and who on the side of democracy is prepared to play hard ball to make sure that right wing authoritarians don't impose permanent minority rule i.e. fascism on the American people. 

The President will continue to spew out authoritarian rhetoric (fascist or communist feel free to pick your label) over the weeks before (and for sure after) the election.

But everyone should stay focused. If votes follow polls he will lose. 

This democracy can thrive again IF Joe Biden is elected AND Republicans lose control of the Senate, but if he loses it's all over. If Republicans retain control of the Senate it's almost as bad, but it's not existential. That's a concern - voters like seperated powers. 

Polls.jpg

Edited by Surfer

On 20/09/2020 at 17:29, Surfer said:

The President will continue to spew out authoritarian rhetoric (fascist or communist feel free to pick your label) over the weeks before (and for sure after) the election.

But everyone should stay focused. If votes follow polls he will lose. 

This democracy can thrive again IF Joe Biden is elected AND Republicans lose control of the Senate, but if he loses it's all over. If Republicans retain control of the Senate it's almost as bad, but it's not existential. That's a concern - voters like seperated powers. 

Polls.jpg

But there may well be a 6-3 rightwing majority on the Supreme Court, and it is very easy to make a list of what they will gun for, such as Roe vs Wade and Obamacare.

44 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

But there may well be a 6-3 rightwing majority on the Supreme Court, and it is very easy to make a list of what they will gun for, such as Roe vs Wade and Obamacare.

And now with Romney caving in that looks certain. Ginsburg should have retired when Obama asked her to.