PurpleCanary

The Never-President Trump

9 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

If Trump sees civil unrest as a threat to his reelection then he might be better trying to prevent it by mediation rather than threatening gestures.

Nah, Trump and many of his supporters don't see civil unrest as a THREAT to his reelection, like Nixon before him, they see the fear of it as a PATH to his reelection - so mediation is for wimps.

Another speech - this is the same Senator who wrote an opinion piece in The NY Times saying (incorrectly) the President can send troops into any US city.

The Washington D.C mayors he is commenting on - just happen to be ..... black. 

And one last rant from our favorite privileged millionaire pretending to care about "average working class Americans" - Mr Tucker Carlson of Fox News. 

Edited by Surfer

Meanwhile .... Fox News now says that Biden is leading by 1 in Texas.... yes in Texas. 

Texas polls.jpg

If polls were votes.jpg

• Like 1

Talking of Texas ... the Attorney General of Texas was one of the Republican State leaders that initiated a challenge to the Affordable Care Act. A guerrilla war that has been going on for 7 years now. The Department of Justice is supposed to act as a defendant in these cases, i.e their role is to argue FOR the law passed by Congress, however they are explicitly arguing AGAINST the law. The Republican's could not repeal the ACA when they had control of Congress, but they set the financial penalty for not purchasing insurance to $0. This lawsuit agues that because the penalty is $0 then the whole ACA must be repealed. (The fix would be to make it $1 of course for "consideration") 

So in the midst of a pandemic, the President is telling everyone that there is no pandemic anymore, the Governor in Texas has just had to reverse course and start closing businesses again as CV-19 explodes in his state, and yet they are still hell bent on killing the ACA with no actual plan to replace it, except platitudes about "patient care" - it's our "Brexit" issue... one more losing idea from RWNJs.

p.s. this is the group the UK is negotiating an FTA with - don't trust anything to do with healthcare where these guys are involved.......

Strategy.jpg

Texas Bars.jpg

Obamacare 3.jpg

Obamacare 2.jpg

Edited by Surfer

Pandering to 35% of the voters, will most likely deliver up 35% of the vote.

Which in a winner takes all election ..........equates to a loser gets fck all, result.

The days of bigotry are numbered.

Edited by Bill

18 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Biden is starting to make speeches now

Yeah, he has.... 

Cut to approximately 23:12 --- "120 million people dead from covid" ---  Live stream glitches out..

😀

Joe Biden does not have the mental faculties necessary to be President of the United States.

Joe Biden does not have the mental faculties necessary to be President of the United States.

You don't need any. Just be able to mouth off and say it wasn't your fault. Bit like Farage used to.

Apologies if its been mentioned already. 

'Confidence Man' an episode of the documentary series 'Dirty Money' i saw it on Netflix but im sure there are other ways i wouldn't know about... 

All about Trump. Good stuff. 

I'd recommend the others too. I've only seen the first series so far but i see theres one about his son in law in series two. 

• Thanks 1

What Trump has been battling with throughout his term is the judiciary.

It has been abundantly clear that Trump has been used to getting his way, with little oversight or accountability. Which does not work when you are in an elected public office, as time and time again he has stated that something would happen/be done, only to see that decision overturned by the courts.

Which bodes well for the coming election, where his usual behaviour of less than scrupulous behaviour will be under very close scrutiny this time around - and any attempts to block people from voting will be challenged.

And if the polls remain anywhere near where they are now it will be impossible to pull off a win by manipulating the vote.

On 25/06/2020 at 14:39, Surfer said:

Nah, Trump and many of his supporters don't see civil unrest as a THREAT to his reelection, like Nixon before him, they see the fear of it as a PATH to his reelection - so mediation is for wimps.

Another speech - this is the same Senator who wrote an opinion piece in The NY Times saying (incorrectly) the President can send troops into any US city.

The Washington D.C mayors he is commenting on - just happen to be ..... black. 

And one last rant from our favorite privileged millionaire pretending to care about "average working class Americans" - Mr Tucker Carlson of Fox News. 

More from the "president" - a distraction from massive failures, all he and his sidekick Barr have left is to stoke civil unrest and hope they win because his side have the guns and they will frighten voters to stay at home to keep away from the nutcases.

681950008_Barr2.jpg.e8a4c455fdc8227d66add9bf8b99da06.jpg

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering”.

This may finally be what brings his "presidency" down. 

The question now is what did Boris know, and what did he do.... nothing?   And where IS that Russia report? 

Are they two tr***ors to their respective countries?

Russia Report.jpg

Edited by Surfer

8 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Article has been pulled 

What was it about?

Florida residents protesting about having to wear masks. One woman said it was the devil's law. Another said God invented breathing. Another said he would die for the Constitution and his right not to wear a mask (so he might get his wish) and generally prattling on about their rights, God and the constitution.

Obviously all Trumpettes, white power and scared of reds under the bed.

It might still be on the BBC.

• Thanks 1

Having worked there and heard it all. The name should be changed from America to Looneyland.

I think the masked man may have the last laugh. 

Meanwhile, the Russian bounty on US and UK troops report is building up a head of steam, despite the White House's attempt to ignore it or claim the story itself is "fake news". It's still a sleeper over in the UK as far as I can tell, but it has potential to be explosive on both sides of the Atlantic depending on what comes out during the week. Joe Scarborough is a former Republican Congressman (and Liverpool fan) 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Scarborough

The question the idiot now faces is what is the best action to take to try to save his neck - as the recent pools only confirm what happened at Tulsa. or visa versa if you like. That he is losing support, consistently, and his chances of winning are now looking like his chances of sitting in a barbers chair without the staff pis sing themselves laughing at what has turned up.

The thought is that he was not impeached is because that is not something you do to the President. But when November comes round and he is out on his ear, it will be open season on him, and Republicans  will be in full 'I was only obeying orders' mode. So no help there.

Can he stand down and arrange some kind of pardon as part of the agreement ? Find a safe country to give him asylum (Russia) or simply an asylum ?

Russia would certainly solve a huge number of problems for all involved. Though it would robe hundreds of millions of folk around from seeing his orange face turn sickly green as the results come in. But if he takes his fellow shyster Farage with him I will accept missing out that delight in November

They could even give dear Nigel a Russian cover name  Goun Farkoff

15 hours ago, Bill said:

.The thought is that he was not impeached is because that is not something you do to the President. But when November comes round and he is out on his ear, it will be open season on him, and Republicans  will be in full 'I was only obeying orders' mode. 

He was certainly impeached, just not convicted. The position of the Republicans post-Trump will indeed be interesting, personally I do not think they will turn back, they are who they now are, xenophobic, white nationalistic, dominionist. 

The best result is a new right of center party, but that will have to be carefully done or it could allow the residual Republicans back in again. 

15 hours ago, Bill said:

The thought is that he was not impeached is because that is not something you do to the President. But when November comes round and he is out on his ear, it will be open season on him, and Republicans  will be in full 'I was only obeying orders' mode. So no help there.

Maybe but assuming he loses in November, and thankfully its certainly looking a lot more likely than at the start of the year, will it be necessary to impeach him?

Impeachment is, after all, a very cumbersome process and if Trump is no longer President and immune from normal prosecution then surely there are plenty of criminal charges they can bring and convict him on without worrying about impreachment? I would have thought Mueller would be very happy to take it on 😀

Charges would be brought on the basis of criminal acts. There is also the no small matter of his tax returns.

Once he has lost the Presidency then an awful lot of 'immunity' disappears - as will an awful lot of political support. If the Democrats take the Senate as well as the lower house there will not be the possibility of blocking investigation, as before.

What charges of malfeasance in public office follow will have to be seen

But there is every thought that he won't want to be around to see. either.

I don't think the US has an extradition agreement with N Korea 😆

2 hours ago, Surfer said:

He was certainly impeached, just not convicted. The position of the Republicans post-Trump will indeed be interesting, personally I do not think they will turn back, they are who they now are, xenophobic, white nationalistic, dominionist. 

The best result is a new right of center party, but that will have to be carefully done or it could allow the residual Republicans back in again. 

If Trumps falls as badly as it looks the Republicans will splinter, with nut jobs as the Tea Party claiming they are the true inheritors of Republicanism. The fight will be an internal looking one,

How long it takes to get the party back on an even keel with have to be seen.

Much will depend on how disastrous is the defeat and what then follows in the way of Trump revelations.

It will also depend on how the Democrats act. If they take a Blair line and head for a more middle ground approach then it won't leave the Republicans with much other than to head further right.

As someone on here mentioned a couple of weeks ago. Mike Pence was awfully quiet and distancing himself. Is that still the case? I've e not read much about him. I wander whether that's his idea or a suggestion from the party. Could trump even still get binned as a candidate? Perhaps the pennys dropped and  Pence will be seen as their best chance of getting a republican president in the White house in November. 

Or... Is it all just fake news just reported over here and they actually all still love him? 

Edited by The Raptor