PurpleCanary

The Never-President Trump

2 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Does anyone know what kind of Government support exists for someone who's recently recovered from Covid19 but now finds they've just lost their job?

Asking for a friend?🤣

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Does anyone know what kind of Government support exists for someone who's recently recovered from Covid19 but now finds they've just lost their job?

A free night out with Stormy Daniels?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, BigFish said:

image.thumb.png.5fad1e2bb5f9e475c1a4772ad9b3c01e.png

Anyway we can stop that idiot getting back in the country? And if we cant can we at least isolate his social media and ban him from TV?

1 hour ago, Mr Angry said:

Watford is twinned with Wilmington

If that’s the case, Wilmington sounds like a right s*** hole!

His own party beginning to distance themselves from him now

Pennsylvania Republican Senator Pat Toomey is among several critics from the president's own party who are disputing details from his news conference at the White House yesterday.

"I saw the president's speech last night and it was very hard to watch," he told NBC earlier today.

"The president's allegations of large-scale fraud and theft of the election are just not substantiated. I'm not aware of any significant wrongdoing here."

"Look, there are irregularities in every election. They tend to typically be very small and involve just a handful of ballots."

Toomey, who is due to retire in 2022, also said he had no idea how long it would take for votes to be fully counted in Pennsylvania, a state leaning towards Biden at present.

"It's going to take the time that it takes," he said, adding that the remaining votes will likely be for Democrats. "But at this point we just don't know. That's why we go through the process - to find out."

1 hour ago, BigFish said:

Shame he didn’t put it on as an Each Way bet. Hope he didn’t use the money fleeced from gullible idiots subscribing to the Reform Party 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Mr Angry
Typo

58 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

I would be offended about someone referring to my home town like that-sadly a lot of it isn’t that great though 😳

1 hour ago, BigFish said:

"A reminder that Nigel Farage’s latest career move is financial advice." Henry Mance.

US Air Force are setting up a no fly perimeter around Biden's home (reserved for presidents).

Biden's stage is actively being set up, secret service all over it and he has confirmed he's giving a speech on primetime TV tonight.

It's about to go down, regardless of the Sunny Delight **** and his incoherent ranting.

7 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

I would be offended about someone referring to my home town like that-sadly a lot of it isn’t that great though 😳

Funnily enough, my younger sister joins yourself in being born there after my Mum left my old man back in Norfolk. Never liked the place in the nicest possible way, Mr Angry, just seemed and still seems an absolute dump! And you couldn’t get an away beer there either!

8 minutes ago, kick it off said:

US Air Force are setting up a no fly perimeter around Biden's home (reserved for presidents).

Biden's stage is actively being set up, secret service all over it and he has confirmed he's giving a speech on primetime TV tonight.

It's about to go down, regardless of the Sunny Delight **** and his incoherent ranting.

Yes further to your post looks like it is dependent on the win being confirmed.

Biden 'planning to speak to nation this evening'

We're hearing reports from Joe Biden's campaign team in Delaware that he will speak to the nation for a primetime address tonight (in local time that would be roughly five hours from now).

We're told that this is dependent on the race being called by that time.

2 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

I won't believe Biden has won until the recounts and court cases are over

If the Air Force are setting up a no fly zone I would say that’s fairly final as Trumps commander in Chief

1 minute ago, Well b back said:

If the Air Force are setting up a no fly zone I would say that’s fairly final as Trumps commander in Chief

I'm sure Trump is toast, but no way will he leave quietly 

In a way, it's fun watching his presidency die a long, slow and painful death, rather than a straight KO

1 minute ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

In a way, it's fun watching his presidency die a long, slow and painful death, rather than a straight KO

The longer Trump drags this out and prominent Republicans continue to support him in that, the better it will be for American democracy, as it will given Biden and Harris the moral legitimacy with the public to instigate reforms in the system. 

You gotta feel for Mike Pence, he'll probably have to go back to being a trainer at the fly circus, good job he never stopped practising.

Edited by A Load of Squit

1 hour ago, Alex Moss said:

There is a really good Miller and Carter in Rickmansworth just down the road from Watford 

13 minutes ago, Surfer said:

The longer Trump drags this out and prominent Republicans continue to support him in that, the better it will be for American democracy, as it will given Biden and Harris the moral legitimacy with the public to instigate reforms in the system. 

Are you feeling safer tonight Surfer as Republicans begin to question Trump ? Or will that make it worse ?

I wouldn't say that I ever felt unsafe Well b back, partly because I live in California, albeit a fairly Republican oriented part of the state, but it was distinct possibility I would have had to consider our family's future here in the US if Trump had won. 

Where we were heading was a very dangerous place. My analogy would be the D-Day Landings went well and we will get to Berlin, but there will be setbacks along the way. 

It's been a lesson in the fragility of the American institutional system that a man and a party can blow right through the guardrails, and steps must be taken to formalize some limits to power. You can trust Joe Biden to do the right thing, but I absolutely would not trust a Tom Cotton or Ted Cruz or Nikki Haley or Ivanka Trump to do that.

My sense is the UK is in a very similar position. Thankfully the Tories will now find themselves isolated on the international stage. The recovery for our two countries will be greatly assisted if there is a reckoning for propagandists like Murdoch, Hannity, Farage, Conway, Banks, Bannon, etc. Their daily injection of poison into the political system has to be stopped somehow. 

Edited by Surfer
  • Like 2

I thought the US had, famously, formalised the limits of power. Trump was elected according to democratic principles and he will be ousted according to the same.  All else is, in my humble opinion, unhelpful hyperbole that simply feeds the beast.

As i see it there are deep questions about what to do about the polarisation in US society. If I were a citizen I would probably asking for the new president to remember that they govern for all parts of society and must do so in a way that will not further alienate big sections of the community of whatever flavour.

From what little I know of him Biden appears to be literally and metaphorically a grey man and therefore ideally suited to the most important job he has.....to tone it all down a bit...

Maybe this has made the owners of Social Media realise their responsibilities in deleting misinformation and let’s hope that the line is not crossed and free speech is censored.

If he doesn’t go on whatever the date in January is can Biden have the army march him out ? 

3 hours ago, ricardo said:

At least Adolph had the good sense to shoot himself.

And the Italians did the Mussolini (Cabaret Voltaire joke for everyone).

1 hour ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

I believe it was Hemingway who wrote...The coward dies a thousand times..a brave man only once. Or words to that effect. As we know, Cadet Bonespurs aint no brave man.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Surfer said:

I wouldn't say that I ever felt unsafe Well b back, partly because I live in California, albeit a fairly Republican oriented part of the state, but it was distinct possibility I would have had to consider our family's future here in the US if Trump had won. 

Where we were heading was a very dangerous place. My analogy would be the D-Day Landings went well and we will get to Berlin, but there will be setbacks along the way. 

It's been a lesson in the fragility of the American institutional system that a man and a party can blow right through the guardrails, and steps must be taken to formalize some limits to power. You can trust Joe Biden to do the right thing, but I absolutely would not trust a Tom Cotton or Ted Cruz or Nikki Haley or Ivanka Trump to do that.

My sense is the UK is in a very similar position. Thankfully the Tories will now find themselves isolated on the international stage. The recovery for our two countries will be greatly assisted if there is a reckoning for propagandists like Murdoch, Hannity, Farage, Conway, Banks, Bannon, etc. Their daily injection of poison into the political system has to be stopped somehow. 

There are way too many instances to itemise, but Trump has, for example, broken the law as set out in the Hatch Act on numerous occasions, and kept in place heads of government departments whose continued tenure has been ruled illegal by judges.