PurpleCanary

The Never-President Trump

4 hours ago, horsefly said:

Perhaps you had better let Mitch McConnell, the leader of the Republicans in the senate, know that. He holds Trump absolutely responsible for the violence:

Senate minority leader Mitch McConnell said on Saturday that Donald Trump was “practically and morally responsible” for the insurrection at the US Capitol on 6 January.  "They [the mob] did this because they’d been fed wild falsehoods by the most powerful man on Earth because he was angry he lost an election"  https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/feb/13/mitch-mcconnell-trump-republicans

Fortunately for President Trump and unfortunately for you this all means nothing. You can go back to crying he was acquitted now.

1 minute ago, Bill said:

it is not FPTP

it is the lack of engagement by voters

Caused by FPTP amongst other things. 

Easy how some of us are ready to accept a vote result, as I have done on here, even when the vote was fixed, in order to move on. Yet not one of you lot are prepared to accept the result of any vote that doesn't go the way you want. This fact isn't missed by the majority and its why you are doomed to failure in the long term. None of you believe in democracy unless it returns the result you want.

We accepted the result Rocky. It just seems strange that a man can lose a vote and still be cleared. Anyway, hopefully natural causes will rid us of the orange wreck.

Ah RTB. The last time I checked the center- left Democratic Party was in control of the US Government and the RWNJ Republicans were not. I wish for the sake of the UK that I could say the equivalent, but we will have to wait for that. 

There will be plenty for your lot to squeal about as the investigations into Trumps corrupt administration ramp up - contracts at ICE detention camps for example - but first Biden working on quietly helping people - by fixing the slow roll out of vaccine - and has a 70% national approval rating, something Donald the wannabe fascist could only dream of. 

Edited by Surfer

48 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Caused by FPTP amongst other things. 

no, absolutely not

see other countries

"Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis has opened a criminal investigation into Donald Trump’s attempt to interfere with Georgia’s election, the New York Times reported on Wednesday. While the former president faces potential criminal liability in several states, including New York, now that he has left office, the Georgia probe may pose the most immediate threat. All available evidence suggests that prosecutors are considering charges that amount to election fraud—a felony offence under Georgia law, and the very crime that Trump claimed he sought to stop."

"The New York Times reported that Willis, a newly elected Democrat, has formally requested that multiple state officials preserve documents related to “an investigation into attempts to influence the administration of the 2020 Georgia General Election.” Willis’ investigation appears to focus on an hour long phone call between Trump and Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, a Republican, on Jan. 2. During this conversation, which Raffensperger later released to the public, Trump repeatedly pressured the secretary of state to overturn the election results. “I just want to find 11,780 votes,” he told Raffensperger—one more than the 11,779 votes by which he lost the state. The former president repeatedly urged Raffensperger to throw out existing votes for Biden and “find” new votes for Trump. He also implied that he might withhold support for Republican candidates in Georgia’s Jan. 5 Senate run off if Raffensperger could not get “this thing … straightened out.”

1 hour ago, Rock The Boat said:

Easy how some of us are ready to accept a vote result, as I have done on here, even when the vote was fixed, in order to move on. Yet not one of you lot are prepared to accept the result of any vote that doesn't go the way you want. This fact isn't missed by the majority and its why you are doomed to failure in the long term. None of you believe in democracy unless it returns the result you want.

What? Like the Brexit vote was fixed. Lying to people about how their future is rosy was an election fraud.

Watch the Trump documentaries on TV at the moment. He planned the fuss around counting postal votes months before the election. And it backfired. 

Where is your proof it was fixed? It didn't happen and you know it didn't. But don't let that spoil a good conspiracy theory.

Funny how it goes quiet while you Trumpettes lick your wounds and now you come back "with the most stupidest lie the world has ever seen".

5 hours ago, lharman7 said:

Fortunately for President Trump and unfortunately for you this all means nothing. You can go back to crying he was acquitted now.

Haha! How stunningly naive you are. Clearly not a political bone in your body. The one thing guaranteed to screw up any chance the Republican Party might have to regain the presidency in four years time is to have Trump spewing his bile and further alienating all those moderate voters who turned to Biden. Tens of thousands have already left the GOP. He almost single-handedly helped Biden achieve a record 81 million votes. It's a shame for American society that Trump is still around to spread his hatred, but it guarantees a second term for the Democrats and that fills me with great pleasure. And when Trump finds himself in an actual law court defending himself in the 30 plus outstanding suits against him, it won't take long before he finds himself wearing a jumpsuit that matches his fake skin colour. And then I shall certainly be crying, crying tears of laughter as he joins all those Capitol Hill rioters who now view him as a traitor and will be delighted to thank him for their ten-year vacations at the government's expense.

Edited by horsefly

"No longer in office, Trump cannot rely on several defences that he did while President.

"Things are going to speed up. He doesn't have the excuse of being the sitting President anymore," said Jennifer Rodgers, a former federal prosecutor. "I do think the people that expect that we're going to see serious action in the civil suits sooner are going to be disappointed because civil litigation just moves so slowly anyway.""

I'm not sure how many rallies you can hold while fighting in court ................... or sitting in jail come to that

The cases are backing up - so it looks like fat boy is going to be busy over the next few years

1 hour ago, Herman said:

He lost the vote 57 43. He got off because of the awful system. 

Maybe you should write a stern letter to Congress and demand they change the Constitution?

You lost by millions of votes. You're going to have to hope there were a record breaking amount of fraudulent ballots. Or accept that you lost by millions of votes. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

You lost by millions of votes. You're going to have to hope there were a record breaking amount of fraudulent ballots. Or accept that you lost by millions of votes. 

I wonder how many other looney tunes we could find for lharnam7 to buy into -

For starters - 

How about Trump is an alien ?

https://www.ft.com/content/3bd8caa8-e9e2-11e6-893c-082c54a7f539

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Herman said:

There are two main reasons why not one of Trump's 60 failed legal challenges to the election introduced any evidence of fraud. First, even Giuliani's keystone cops were not stupid enough to perjure themselves in court and risk finding themselves in clink for making knowingly false claims about fraud. Secondly, the standard numbers of fraud cases that are typical of an average election are infinitesimal small compared to the numbers that would be needed to overturn the results. Thus it was that all their suits attempted to disenfanchise millions of voters on claims of technical irregularities. And thus it was that even Republican appointed judges threw out all their cases, typically with scathing comments about the egregious nature of their attempt to steal the democratic votes of US citizens.

38 minutes ago, Herman said:

I didn't lose anything. Maybe President Trump didn't either. It's intriguing that SCOTUS didn't want to even look at the case a few months ago but now they may be considering it.

20 minutes ago, horsefly said:

There are two main reasons why not one of Trump's 60 failed legal challenges to the election introduced any evidence of fraud. First, even Giuliani's keystone cops were not stupid enough to perjure themselves in court and risk finding themselves in clink for making knowingly false claims about fraud. Secondly, the standard numbers of fraud cases that are typical of an average election are infinitesimal small compared to the numbers that would be needed to overturn the results. Thus it was that all their suits attempted to disenfanchise millions of voters on claims of technical irregularities. And thus it was that even Republican appointed judges threw out all their cases, typically with scathing comments about the egregious nature of their attempt to steal the democratic votes of US citizens.

So why would SCOTUS consider the cases now?

15 minutes ago, lharman7 said:

Ah yes, yet another hater showing the true colours of the Dems. Thanks for commenting.

Do you still seriously believe Trump 'won' the election ? Just so we know who we're talking too.

It appears that even the House didn't in spite of all Trumps numerous legal gambits and certified Biden as the winner.

2 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Do you still seriously believe Trump 'won' the election ? Just so we know who we're talking too.

It appears that even the House didn't in spite of all Trumps numerous legal gambits and certified Biden as the winner.

Could you tell me why SCOTUS are considering looking at the legal cases for voter fraud in Pennsylvania, Michigan and Georgia?

3 minutes ago, lharman7 said:

Could you tell me why SCOTUS are considering looking at the legal cases for voter fraud in Pennsylvania, Michigan and Georgia?

Probably because they legally have to before they dismiss.

Can you tell me different ?

There is as others have noted bound to be small cases of voter fraud but nothing systemic as there are here both for and against all candidates. Was any of it significant. No.

However I take it you do believe Trump 'won' despite everything to the contrary - and your funniest & saddest contradiction (hypocrisy writ large) is that you uphold the Senate vote in not convicting Trump on a 57 : 43 vote in favour so to do (he has however been impeached twice) but then question the House in certifying Biden.

Very sad. No more need be said. 

1 minute ago, Yellow Fever said:

Probably because they legally have to before they dismiss.

Can you tell me different ?

There is as others have noted bound to be small cases of voter fraud but nothing systemic as there are here both for and against all candidates. Was any of it significant. No.

However I take it you do believe Trump 'won' despite everything to the contrary - and your funniest & saddest contradiction (hypocrisy writ large) is that you uphold the Senate vote in not convicting Trump on a 57 : 43 vote in favour so to do (he has however been impeached twice) but then question the House in certifying Biden.

Very sad. No more need be said. 

Yes, best you keep quiet then.

Just now, lharman7 said:

There is nothing more to say to you. All you spout is insults buddy. You are nothing more than a keyboard warrior coward.

You haven't answered a single point I've made. All you've done is spout the standard dumb QAnon rubbish. I've quoted you the Meuller Report. I've pointed out the FACTS about the Trump Campaign team members who have been convicted as a result of their lies about their Russian connections (and ended up in prison). I've pointed out that not one of Trump's 60 legal suits introduced a single allegation of fraud. I pointed out that all of Trumps legal actions FAILED. I pointed out that the leader of the Republicans in the Senate, Mitch McConnel, believes Trump is completely responsible for inciting the insurrection on 1.6.21. etc, etc. And what has your response been? Nothing other than that worn out phrase "Fake news". And yet you still expect to be taken seriously.

Just now, lharman7 said:

And everything you have pointed out has come to what exactly?

And what is that supposed to mean? I've simply pointed out to you a bunch of facts that you have failed to respond to.

Just now, Herman said:

It's the **** son of Jools and Moy. Best to ignore. 

Haha! I think you're right. 

1 hour ago, Herman said:

It's the **** son of Jools and Moy. Best to ignore. 

It's just Jools and Moy. Best to ignore.