PurpleCanary

The Never-President Trump

the wannabe warrior is an out of work actor, but there have been others involved who can be defined as Ukrainian, last seen in the Donbass region in eastern Ukraine, the playground for ' cfuk the EU' Victoria Nuland, ' back in the Biden camp, and Biden himself, the past psy op man and his cocaine using son, who have extensive links to Ukraine.

How did Mhmck get into America? and when? with covid restrictions galore. Did he work there?

Then there is this from the Grauniad, to be taken with two pinches of MI salt

'Capt Emily Rainey of the 4th Psychological Operations Group at Fort Bragg, according a spokesman for 1st Special Forces Command. Known as Psyops.

She led a group people from North Carolina to the rally according to the report. Not in uniform – as that’d be against DOD policy. Seems strange someone like this would get mixed up in this crazy stuff.'

https://twitter.com/BenjaminNorton/status/1348270581024772096

Edited by nevermind, neoliberalism has had it

https://nypost.com/2021/01/11/rioter-who-lounged-in-pelosis-office-says-he-was-pushed-in/?utm_source=zergnet.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_6149851

“I didn’t break in — I got pushed in,” Barnett adds as he holds an envelope with Pelosi’s letterhead. “I paid a quarter for this. I’m not a thief! It had my blood on it.”

Looking forward to seeing pictures of the twa*t when he is "pushed in" to his cell.

Ah Donald! If only you had read that bible you so famously held up after having peaceful demonstrators gassed so you could take a walk. You might have just come across this passage in Galatians:

Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap’. (Galatians 6:7)

Then perhaps this might not be happening to you:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/banks-that-have-done-business-with-trump-start-to-distance-themselves-11610444427?mod=investing

Deutsche Bank DB, -0.09% will no longer do business with Trump or any of his companies, Bloomberg News reported on Tuesday, citing sources. A spokesman from the German lender declined to comment. Trump reportedly owes the bank over $300 million.

Seems you're about to embark on a good ol' American, "From inherited riches to self-inflicted rags" story. I'm looking forward to the denouement.

Edited by horsefly

FYI:

18 U.S. Code § 2384 - Seditious conspiracy

If two or more persons in any State or Territory, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof, they shall each be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both.

(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 808; July 24, 1956, ch. 678, § 1, 70 Stat. 623; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, § 330016(1)(N), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2148.)
Edited by horsefly

Shocking!

https://www.alternet.org/2021/01/trump-coup-2649903337/

House Democrats on Monday were briefed by the U.S. Capitol Police on several disturbing potential armed demonstrations and assassination plots planned in the coming days by supporters of President Donald Trump, an indication that the deadly invasion of the halls of Congress last week may have been just the start of a broader wave of right-wing violence ahead of President-elect Joe Biden's inauguration.

HuffPost reported that on a private call late Monday, "new leaders of the Capitol Police told House Democrats they were closely monitoring three separate plans that could pose serious threats to members of Congress as Washington prepares for Democrat Joe Biden's presidential inauguration on Jan. 20."

So why isn't Trump on TV right now instructing these people to stop what they are doing? 

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

Shocking!

https://www.alternet.org/2021/01/trump-coup-2649903337/

House Democrats on Monday were briefed by the U.S. Capitol Police on several disturbing potential armed demonstrations and assassination plots planned in the coming days by supporters of President Donald Trump, an indication that the deadly invasion of the halls of Congress last week may have been just the start of a broader wave of right-wing violence ahead of President-elect Joe Biden's inauguration.

HuffPost reported that on a private call late Monday, "new leaders of the Capitol Police told House Democrats they were closely monitoring three separate plans that could pose serious threats to members of Congress as Washington prepares for Democrat Joe Biden's presidential inauguration on Jan. 20."

So why isn't Trump on TV right now instructing these people to stop what they are doing? 

Apparently they are Antifa. 😂😂😂😂

Drunk hillbillies v armed state forces

an away win there I think 😊

Reports coming out from CNN that the FBI had informed the government a day before the riots that there would be "war" at the Capitol.

15 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Reports coming out from CNN that the FBI had informed the government a day before the riots that there would be "war" at the Capitol.

Other than the tragic death of the police officer things turned out well.

Trump has been exposed for what he is, far more than previously - and will leave forever tarnished by this

A few hundred traitorous scum will be rounded up and imprisoned

Companies are pulling sponsorship from the Rep Party and most social media sites are disinfecting themselves from righty infestation

The huge gap between election an inauguration is presumably very useful for a cooperative transfer of power, with the current nutter in post it’s proving to be a huge risk. Presumably this will be one of many things that will be examined after this is all resolved and the new President is  in situ. 

Edited by Van wink

Whereas political parties and MPs will and have oust their leader, I can't remember it happening in the US.

I cannot remember any pressure brought to bear against Nixon or Johnson by their parties. If my memory is right, it was public and media pressure that brought about their downfalls, albeit Johnson just didn't stand again.

38 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Whereas political parties and MPs will and have oust their leader, I can't remember it happening in the US.

I cannot remember any pressure brought to bear against Nixon or Johnson by their parties. If my memory is right, it was public and media pressure that brought about their downfalls, albeit Johnson just didn't stand again.

I don’t know enough about how it all works out there, but of course being a Presidential system it’s a different animal to a parliamentary democracy

3 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

A fair number of Republicans did turn against Nixon, but pretty late on. But it was a less sharply partisan time then. However the New York Times tonight has a potentially significant report that McConnell thinks Trump committed impeachable offenses. Of course McConnell being McConnell his motivation seems to be that this will benefit the Republican Party in the longer run, by getting Trump off the agenda.

It seems the floodgates opened today .... more US corporations pulling financial support and Sheldon Adleson (GOP and Israel megadonor) died, Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell signaling he'd be happy to see the back of Trump, and Liz Cheney (No 3 Republican in House of Representatives) said: 

Screen Shot 2021-01-12 at 15.41.14.png

Edited by Surfer

6 hours ago, Surfer said:

It seems the floodgates opened today .... more US corporations pulling financial support and Sheldon Adleson (GOP and Israel megadonor) died, Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell signaling he'd be happy to see the back of Trump, and Liz Cheney (No 3 Republican in House of Representatives) said: 

Screen Shot 2021-01-12 at 15.41.14.png

Yes, but it would still need 16 or 17 Republican senators to be brave enough to vote guilty to convict him.

It will as always come down to their self interest at the time of the vote, which will be several days away at minimum. Time for sentiment to continue to flow against Republicans who do nothing and more stories of treachery to come out. And at the vote it requires a 2/3 majority of Senators present, so just not turning up helps that be achieved they don’t have to vote for it. 

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/newslondon/lisa-montgomery-us-executes-first-female-federal-death-row-inmate-in-almost-70-years/ar-BB1cHVay?ocid=msedgntp

Lisa Montgomery: US executes first female federal death row inmate in almost 70 years

"The craven bloodlust of a failed administration was on full display tonight," Montgomery's attorney, Kelley Henry said in a statement. "Everyone who participated in the execution of Lisa Montgomery should feel shame."

"The government stopped at nothing in its zeal to kill this damaged and delusional woman," Henry said. "Lisa Montgomery's execution was far from justice."

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, horsefly said:

CNN reporting that 5 Republicans have now declared their intention to vote for impeachment. 

McConnell has removed any ;whip' and the suggestion is that so far up to 20 may vote to impeach the crook

but wait, what's this I hear

the cavalry coming to the rescue...or maybe just some angels, who were delayed enough to miss the election nutter

makes Swindo seem 'almost' normal 🤪

• Haha 1

https://www.newsweek.com/more-house-republicans-reveal-yes-votes-donald-trump-impeachment-1561072?piano_t=1

The President of the United States incited a riot aiming to halt the peaceful transfer of power from one administration to the next," Beutler said in a statement posted to her Twitter account.

She highlighted Trump's message during the riot when he told those attacking the Capitol "I love you," describing it as a "pathetic denouncement."

"The president's offenses, in my reading of the Constitution, were impeachable based on the indisputable evidence we already have," Beutler said.

"The Congress must hold President Trump to account and send a clear message that our country cannot and will not tolerate any effort by any President to impede the peaceful transfer of power from one President to the next," Upton tweeted on Tuesday. "Thus, I will vote to impeach."

"Much more will become clear in coming days and weeks, but what we know now is enough," Cheney said in a statement on Tuesday. "The president of the United States summoned this mob, assembled the mob and lit the flame of this attack. Everything that followed was his doing. None of this would have happened without the president." The president could have immediately and forcefully intervened to stop the violence. He did not," she added.

To allow the president of the United States to incite this attack without consequence is a direct threat to the future of our democracy," Katko said in a statement.

"For that reason, I cannot sit by without taking action. I will vote to impeach this president."

I think his speech in Texas has made some Republicans turn even further against him.

It was almost defiance. His claims were made in a calmer manner but the fact that he still denies culpability has just given the media and Democrats more ammunition to push the Republicans to make a choice which clearly they do not want to do.

2 hours ago, horsefly said:

CNN reporting that 5 Republicans have now declared their intention to vote for impeachment. 

House Republicans voting to impeach is one thing, to be welcomed, although one might wonder at their motives, but a guilty verdict in the Senate needs a two-thirds majority, and that still looks like a tall order, unless McConnell, who is no fool, is turning because he knows others will follow his so far sort-of example.

2 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

House Republicans voting to impeach is one thing, to be welcomed, although one might wonder at their motives, but a guilty verdict in the Senate needs a two-thirds majority, and that still looks like a tall order, unless McConnell, who is no fool, is turning because he knows others will follow his so far sort-of example.

I prefer to look at it as "5 down, 12 to go, assuming no-one abstains, in which case you need even less than 12".

23 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

I prefer to look at it as "5 down, 12 to go, assuming no-one abstains, in which case you need even less than 12".

I think all these five Republicans sit in the House, which impeaches the president, but the vote on guilt or innocence is in the Senate, and I can only think of one Republican senator (Murkowski) who has indicated they would vote guilty, although Romney probably would as well.

The impeachment debate has started and the Republicans are already whining it is “too soon” to bring this action .... the same excuse they use every time there is a mass shooting .... I.e, there can never be consequences for the actions of their supporters because it would be “political” and / or “divisive.” Give me a break. 

Meanwhile allegations being raised that some of the insurrectionists has been given guided tours of the Capitol building by two Republican members of Congress the day before the attack, and this is why they knew where to go. That’s a serious allegation and I’m sure we will hear more about that over the next few days.