PurpleCanary

The Never-President Trump

The Trumpsters could begin to redeem themselves by starting down the road of honesty

by wearing MAWA caps

Make America White Again

as that is their wish

1 hour ago, paul moy said:

.... and if they did not have postal votes this would not have happened.  Trump would also have won the election fairly, but I am in the sceptical camp, especially as the voting numbers Trump had were the highest ever. 

.... and now freedom of speech is dying.  The world is heading into a dark place .......

Let us just hope that Biden really isn't hopeless.....

Has Herr RTB Goebbels been indoctrinating you?

They did have postal votes. So does the rest of the World. I have been using it since it started.

And hasn't it occurred to you that more people voted.

You keep crowing on about the Brexit vote. None of us remainers made any accusations of fraud. We just moaned about the result.

How is freedom of speech dying? When any organisation, right or left, can openly organise marches and protests, intending them to turn violent and anarchic, then there is too much freedom.

Whatever your politics or persuasion, there is a line. Trump rubbed that line out when he told the far right to step back and wait, knowing he was going to lose, well before the election.

The election was fair not fear. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Has Herr RTB Goebbels been indoctrinating you?

They did have postal votes. So does the rest of the World. I have been using it since it started.

And hasn't it occurred to you that more people voted.

You keep crowing on about the Brexit vote. None of us remainers made any accusations of fraud. We just moaned about the result.

How is freedom of speech dying? When any organisation, right or left, can openly organise marches and protests, intending them to turn violent and anarchic, then there is too much freedom.

Whatever your politics or persuasion, there is a line. Trump rubbed that line out when he told the far right to step back and wait, knowing he was going to lose, well before the election.

The election was fair not fear. 

Don't tell him but millions used postal voting for the referendum. Maybe we should go back and check on mass fraud.

1 hour ago, paul moy said:

.... and if they did not have postal votes this would not have happened.  Trump would also have won the election fairly, but I am in the sceptical camp, especially as the voting numbers Trump had were the highest ever. 

.... and now freedom of speech is dying.  The world is heading into a dark place .......

FFS how childish and naive can you get. Postal votes have exactly the same status as any other vote. They have been used in the US since the civil war. Of course we all know what your real agenda is which is to stop Democrat supporters voting, because it has always been clear that Democrat voters are far more aware of covid dangers and more likely to use postal ballots as a result. So of course it's true that if you stopped Democrats voting then Trump wins. Sadly for you that's illegal as every one of the 60 or so court judgements made very clear. And equally sadly for you the USA remains a democracy and not a dictatorship.

And as for your utter rubbish about freedom of speech, even school children can grasp that freedom of speech is conditional and not absolute. Are you really so ignorant as to require this to be pointed out? There is no freedom of speech to slander, libel, incite violence or incite murder etc, etc. Freedom of speech is inextricably tied to the rule of law, that's how democracies work. The "dark place" you speak of is clearly located between your left and right ears.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, horsefly said:

FFS how childish and naive can you get. Postal votes have exactly the same status as any other vote. They have been used in the US since the civil war. Of course we all know what your real agenda is which is to stop Democrat supporters voting, because it has always been clear that Democrat voters are far more aware of covid dangers and more likely to use postal ballots as a result. So of course it's true that if you stopped Democrats voting then Trump wins. Sadly for you that's illegal as every one of the 60 or so court judgements made very clear. And equally sadly for you the USA remains a democracy and not a dictatorship.

And as for your utter rubbish about freedom of speech, even school children can grasp that freedom of speech is conditional and not absolute. Are you really so ignorant as to require this to be pointed out? There is no freedom of speech to slander, libel, incite violence or incite murder etc, etc. Freedom of speech is inextricably tied to the rule of law, that's how democracies work. The "dark place" you speak of is clearly located between your left and right ears.

Spot on, and your final line is brilliant - wish I'd thought of that  😂🤣😂

I just keep calling him an idiot and its becoming really boring (as indeed is he) and nowhere near evocative enough to properly describe the drivel he keeps on spouting.

• Thanks 1

Despite Mr Trump later condemning the violence in a video shared on social media, one Republican senator said White House officials had revealed the president was “delighted” when he heard supporters were breaking into the Capitol building. 

“As this was unfolding on television, Donald Trump was walking around the White House confused about why other people on his team weren’t as excited as he was, as you had rioters pushing against Capitol Police trying to get into the building,” Ben Sasse told conservative talk show host Hugh Hewitt. 

1 minute ago, Daz Sparks said:

Tragic waste of life, I know whose hands the blood is on.

I think many people, Brits included, think you are only a terrorist if you are Muslim.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

I think many people, Brits included, think you are only a terrorist if you are Muslim.

I know what a terrorist is, I lived through the times of the NI troubles, and have never coloured terrorism. However, I cannot ever recall any elected leader of the ROI being involved in blatant incitement of the ilk the world witnessed this week.

I have sympathy with all the victims families, as I said, a tragic waste and completely unnecessary. Trump's narcissism is boundless, the moment he is no longer in the White House, won't come a moment too soon.

6 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

Tragic waste of life, I know whose hands the blood is on.

....................those who have benefited from the peddling of a constant barrage of lies and misinformation

this is not solely a 'one off' connected to Trumps recent inflammatory messages - but is the responsibility of all of those who have sought to demonise others based on skin colour and religion, both on here and in the wider world

Jo Cox's murder came from that same spreading of fear and hate, seen below

Absolutely Bill, I couldn't agree more. However, rarely do see such an obvious and tangible link to the figurehead of this abhorrent and loathsome cause.

And to think there some here who have flirted with the said cause and are notable by their absence in condemning recent events.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

I know what a terrorist is, I lived through the times of the NI troubles, and have never coloured terrorism. However, I cannot ever recall any elected leader of the ROI being involved in blatant incitement of the ilk the world witnessed this week.

I have sympathy with all the victims families, as I said, a tragic waste and completely unnecessary. Trump's narcissism is boundless, the moment he is no longer in the White House, won't come a moment too soon.

Exactly. One mans patent lunacy has caused these five deaths but so many more because he couldn't control Covid so ignored it.

IMDB with some light trolling.

"As of January 2021, Donald Trump is the only cast member of Home Alone 2 to both attempt a violent overthrow of the American democratic system and get banned from Twitter in the same week."

• Haha 1

Those who benefit the most are usually seen the least

It is the 'useful idiots' who are left to do the dirty work

The numptys who imagine their bit of coloured cloth is better than another man's bit

Their man hiding in their clouds is more worthy than another man's (similarly hiding) imaginary friend

And that the British Empire was far more benevolent that other empires....

..................because it was ran for the benefit of extremely wealthy Englishman (and woman)

Whose marked kindness towards the working class is one of the stand out features of the Victorian age

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

but so many more because he couldn't control Covid so ignored it.

Temporarily, that was eclipsed in my mind by his latest badness, (my god he done so much) but a timely reminder KG.

7 hours ago, paul moy said:

Did you back Idi Amin as well ?

On another thread you complain about not enough being done about stopping the spread of COVID yet when something is done ie postal voting to avoid as much of the risk as possible you object. 
To think your mate Farage backed all what he was doing then when the trouble started in the week he hurriedly removed loads of tweets.

It will be an extremely worrying 11 days with Trumps fingers waving over the nuclear buttons, although I partly suspect he will be marched out by the military on Monday.

rightwing dimwit unable to understand how the police identified and arrested him

have you any idea ?

Man pictured carrying Pelosi's lectern during Capitol riot is arrested

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Did you see the guy who left his work lanyard around his neck? You bet he was sacked.

When certain people claim that this was antifa or other actors they neglect to realise that a lot of these people are fame hungry halfwits that leave a massive trail of evidence.

3 minutes ago, Bill said:

rightwing dimwit unable to understand how the police identified and arrested him

have you any idea ?

Man pictured carrying Pelosi's lectern during Capitol riot is arrested

Their brazen illegality committed with virtually no attempt to disguise their identities demonstrates very clearly how much the far right believed that under Trump's presidency they would be untouchable. From Charlottesville onwards they have literally got away with murder and assumed their insurrection would likewise go unpunished. But they forgot to factor in that Trump is now a lame duck, and the reality is that the lame duck don't give a fu*ck about this bunch of deplorables now they are of no use to him.

• Like 4

Yes that guy has been arrested for his part in the insurrection, the two below haven't unfortunately, although both their home state newspapers have called for their resignation. There will be no "forgive and forget" despite the Republicans wanting us to do that.

Screen Shot 2021-01-09 at 12.02.15.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-09 at 12.02.26.png

Edited by Surfer

Will they be charged with Trumps new laws governing State Buildings with 10 years the sentence?

And a different girlfriend wearing an orange jumpsuit.

So quite a few arrests now and all of the crimminals have well established right-wing social media profiles. So I'm assuming that all those Republican Party politicians who spread the blatant lies about it being an "antifa" plot will do the decent thing and resign.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/07/politics/capitol-antifa-infiltration-fact-check/index.html

15 hours ago, horsefly said:

Their brazen illegality committed with virtually no attempt to disguise their identities demonstrates very clearly how much the far right believed that under Trump's presidency they would be untouchable. From Charlottesville onwards they have literally got away with murder and assumed their insurrection would likewise go unpunished. But they forgot to factor in that Trump is now a lame duck, and the reality is that the lame duck don't give a fu*ck about this bunch of deplorables now they are of no use to him.

7 hours ago, horsefly said:

Republican Party politicians who spread the blatant lies about it being an "antifa" plot will do the decent thing and resign.

Admirable thought Horsefly, but there are two phrases in there stick out.

Republican Party

And

decent thing

Creating the perfect oxymoron.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3