PurpleCanary

The Never-President Trump

9 minutes ago, sonyc said:

And the rioters haven't much intelligence in taking selfies and posting them on social media....will provide hours of footage and images for identification to law enforcement.

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/capitol-riot-photos-video-online?utm_campaign=newsletter_daily&utm_source=newsletter&utm_brand=wi&utm_mailing=WI_NEWS_Daily_08012021&utm_medium=email&utm_term=wi_news_wired_daily

The police are offering $1000 reward for the identification of those wanted

Meanwhile a chap calling himself (half) baked Alaska tested positive for Covid and was happily mixing with fellow retards- perhaps he has now infected others of his ilk (we can only hope so)

Tim Gionet, AKA "Baked Alaska," seen storming the Capitol.

12 minutes ago, Bill said:

I know we shouldn't laugh, but it appears the righties are now having a hissy fit as Trump attacks their disgraceful attempt to disrupt the lawful democratic process (irony not being one of Trumps greatest assets)

We are now getting the 'stab in the back' bollox, as they learn what the rest of us knew

Trump is a fraud who will say and do anything to help him, and him alone - and doesn't give a sht about the 'useful idiots' who now face prison for their stupidity

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jan/08/trump-incites-anger-among-acolytes-let-down-by-lack-of-support

Indeed! and what a wonderful irony it will be when they start getting their 10-year prison sentences thanks to Trump's executive order regarding the desecration of federal monuments.  I truly recommend reading it (link here: https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/executive-order-protecting-american-monuments-memorials-statues-combating-recent-criminal-violence/ ). You will truly fall about laughing after the first paragraph, I promise.

1 hour ago, king canary said:

I hid Jools ages ago but RTB occasionally made the odd good point on some of the British politics stuff (not many mind). However he's been added now.

I think but am open to be correction RTB (American military slang Return to Base (faulty) 😉 ) is by his own words a couple of times not even British - some part of the 'Commonwealth plus'  I think - would guess Oz or even SA.

dear god

I got as far as

"These criminal acts are frequently planned and supported by agitators who have traveled across State lines to promote their own violent agenda.  These radicals shamelessly attack the legitimacy of our institutions and the very rule of law itself."

I'll have to come back to it.... it is fckin unbelievable 😆 😆  😆 😆 😆 😆  😆 😆😆 😆  😆 😆 😆 😆  😆 😆

Just now, Yellow Fever said:

I think but am open to be correction RTB (American military slang Return to Base (faulty) 😉 ) is by his own words a couple of times not even British - some part of the 'Commonwealth plus'  I think - would guess Oz or even SA.

it is no more than van wink, who also posts as barbie boy

a few months back RTB posted, replying to me picking up van winks post ie getting confused as to which one he was

there are a couple of other ways if telling, but that would spoil the 'fun'

but, as said, best t block him as he is not on here to engage in debate - but to stir the sht, as he has admitted, and you can see as previous

3 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

I think but am open to be correction RTB (American military slang Return to Base (faulty) 😉 ) is by his own words a couple of times not even British I- some part of the 'Commonwealth plus'  I think - would guess Oz or even SA.

I watched two versions of Scrooge over the Christmas period and had a thought that it would be good to remake a modern day Scrooge but with the roles reversed - with the Ghost of Brexit Future, the Ghost of Brexit past etc etc. I thought it would be good for a Brexiter to put himself in Scrooge's position to compare the lives.

Then I watched the Angel Clarence stop George Bailey  from ending his life and showing him what his absence meant in It's a Wonderful Life and again thought of post Brexit Britain.

Then I decided lockdown had got to me......🙄

5 minutes ago, Bill said:

it is no more than van wink, who also posts as barbie boy

a few months back RTB posted, replying to me picking up van winks post ie getting confused as to which one he was

there are a couple of other ways if telling, but that would spoil the 'fun'

but, as said, best t block him as he is not on here to engage in debate - but to stir the sht, as he has admitted, and you can see as previous

Don't start all this off again Bill ......please. Just stick to the political points , the humour and comment on the various articles. Polite request.

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, sonyc said:

Don't start all this off again Bill ......please. Just stick to the political points , the humour and comment on the various articles. Polite request.

I was replying to Yellow Fever's post

and 'all this' as you quaintly put it happens to be correct, and directly relates to what is being discussed

ie certain names can post extremely inflammatory and misleading stuff so as to 'stir the pot'

then re-appear as another name with no recourse to accountability

I see little difference between that, and the link you posted on tracing and exposing the Capitol Hill rioters

Polite reply

7 minutes ago, Bill said:

I was replying to Yellow Fever's post

and 'all this' as you quaintly put it happens to be correct, and directly relates to what is being discussed

ie certain names can post extremely inflammatory and misleading stuff so as to 'stir the pot'

then re-appear as another name with no recourse to accountability

I see little difference between that, and the link you posted on tracing and exposing the Capitol Hill rioters

Polite reply

We can all make points about political issues  and the beliefs that people have connected to those. Otherwise the forum isn't alive. Life is all about politics one way or another. I was trying to post about making things  personal really because the thread then deteriorates into trading of insults. It was just a request and I did wonder whether to make it because I felt you wouldn't necessarily agree but decided it was worth the risk. It isn't the same as the rioters because they are not fellow posters. But... hey look I will disappear from here again too. I'm quite happy not to post my opinions. Just trying to keep the peace - I have nearly always failed before.

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sonyc said:

Parallels with Johnson too. Both have attacked the rule of law, the very democratic platforms on which both constitutions are built, appealing to those on the right wing and to the worst instincts in people. And neither have made their appeals based on anything they truly believe in (whatever that might be). And over all that time a lot of people have gone along with it.

This is my big fear now. America will be fine, because we have a competent government in waiting. In two weeks time we can start the process of healing, and we have massive experience in the President, Vice President and Attorney General with law enforcement and reform. So you can expect to see rapid moves on police accountability, removing the rotten eggs, restoring voting rights and re-instating assault rifle and high capacity magazine restrictions.... with a few blood soaked "last stands" from the more nutter RWNJs no doubt.

Boris and his team though are still plotting their anti-democratic course, and Covid / Brexit chaos (chaos being the whole point of such authoritarian governments) is giving them the cover for further attacks on the institutions of Parliamentary debate , remaining media independence and the courts. This also has to stop, and quickly. 

Edited by Surfer
  • Like 1

Oh dear Piers Morgan now desperate to disclaim his past adoration of Donald Trump:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/piers-morgan-ends-friendship-with-monster-trump-as-he-calls-for-president-to-be-removed-from-office/ar-BB1czOhA?ocid=msedgntp

The quote I like best is "In the past year, he has morphed into a monster that I no longer recognise as someone I considered to be a friend and thought I knew."

Really Piers? you don't think he has been like this for the entirety of his presidency (indeed, his entire adult life)? Just like all the other enablers this sudden desperation to disassociate yourself from this discredited monster is not a good look. There are a helluva lot of candidates for hypocrit of the year (lyndsey Graham still leads that race for me).

1 minute ago, horsefly said:

Oh dear Piers Morgan now desperate to disclaim his past adoration of Donald Trump:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/piers-morgan-ends-friendship-with-monster-trump-as-he-calls-for-president-to-be-removed-from-office/ar-BB1czOhA?ocid=msedgntp

The quote I like best is "In the past year, he has morphed into a monster that I no longer recognise as someone I considered to be a friend and thought I knew."

Really Piers? you don't think he has been like this for the entirety of his presidency (indeed, his entire adult life)? Just like all the other enablers this sudden desperation to disassociate yourself from this discredited monster is not a good look. There are a helluva lot of candidates for hypocrit of the year (lyndsey Graham still leads that race for me).

Piers only liked him when he thought he was wealthy. Now he is broke he can discard him.

29 minutes ago, horsefly said:

The more that comes out the worse it gets. Makes me feel sick to my stomach to think what could have happened. Like many I have been looking forward to getting that ****-house out of the White House but this has tainted everything.

28 minutes ago, horsefly said:

I expect Trump will be so disappointed he'll return the Arsenal shirt and Churchill style Homburg that Piers gave him, as soon as he can find the bin bag he put them in.

Dominion, the manufacturers of a voting system used in the US election, is suing President Donald Trump’s former campaign lawyer Sidney Powell for defamation.

I hope she's not going to defend herself, she's pretty sh1t at the law and stuff. 😀

• Haha 1

She had better be pretty good at defending here actions, they are suing her for $1,300 million ! 

When you live your life lying every day, it's easy to continue Herman. He's always been scum, even his fellow Republicans hate him. 

Now listen up all you RWNJ's. The golden rule of every "populist" revolution is that it isn't a populist revolution, it's a mob of useful idiots being lead around by elites then abandoned. i.e. it is not "the people v the elite" it is the elite v the elite. You are just fools. 

Now Senator Cruz is Harvard educated, not a man of the people. Same for Senator Hawley. And guess who took part in the insurrection on Wednesday - yes off duty police, CEOs and lawyers!  So think about post-Brexit and who really wants control....

Rioters.jpg

Pelosi expresses concern about Trump's access to nuclear codes

Nancy Pelosi said she is committed to “preventing an unhinged president from using the nuclear codes,” in a new letter to her House Democratic colleagues.

In the “Dear colleague” letter, the Democratic speaker notes that she spoke to the chairman of the joint chiefs of staff, Mark Milley, this morning about “discuss available precautions for preventing an unstable president from initiating military hostilities or accessing the launch codes and ordering a nuclear strike.”

Not a moment too soon!!

• Like 1

"He that lieth down with dogs shall rise up with fleas" ... so sorry Senator Graham, but you enabled these people that are harassing you. Maybe you should have used your leadership position to lead, not to incite hatred against your fellow Americans. The Democrats are not the enemy, but these people, or more accurately those who incited them, are.

Edited by Surfer

6 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

You almost get the impression that the Republicans have only just twigged what deep sh*t they are in  😂

I almost feel sorry for them.🤣

1 hour ago, Creative Midfielder said:

You almost get the impression that the Republicans have only just twigged what deep sh*t they are in  😂

I actually think they (the GOP) need to impeach or otherwise remove Trump and his acolytes to regain their party and remove the parasite. 

Edited by Yellow Fever