PurpleCanary

The Never-President Trump

5 minutes ago, Surfer said:

I think the phrase that's appropriate here is "Snowflake"?

It doesn't even occur to them that had the colour of their skin been different they'd likely have been shot.

30 minutes ago, Surfer said:

I think the phrase that's appropriate here is "Snowflake"?

" Why would they do that to me. I'm just a young girl crying whereas two hours ago I was a terrorist laughing"

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bill said:

"Alyssa Farah, who resigned last month from her post as the White House communications director, tweeted a more direct message at the president’s supporters.

“Dear MAGA- I am one of you. Before I worked for @realDonaldTrump, I worked for @MarkMeadows & @Jim_Jordan & the @freedomcaucus,” she said, establishing her conservative bona fides. “I marched in the 2010 Tea Party rallies. I campaigned w/ Trump & voted for him. But I need you to hear me: the Election was NOT stolen. We lost.”"

It needs EVERY other elected Republican, in the house and the senate, to come out and stand by those words,

The violence is not the real horror, or the real concern.

It is, as in the UK, that so many have been willing to swallow blatant misinformation -and so many have been willing to benefit from such .............................for a considerable period.

Trump, as with other like-minded demagogues, has merely played on that incredulity - one that denies rational argument, evidence and facts.

What causes that 'stupidity' is a much wider debate, but for now, as with post WWI1, these at the forefront if this manipulation need to be removed from further spreading the flames - permanently.

That being to remove their platform (not their life).

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg has announced that Trump's account will be suspended for the remainder of his term in office.

"We believe the risks of allowing the president to continue to use our service during this period are simply too great," he wrote in a statement. 16.02

On September 11 2001 40 passengers and crew were murdered when they tried to stop 4 terrorists who were attempting to fly a plane into the Capitol Building.

On January 6th 2021 the President of the United States encouraged terrorists to attack the Capitol Building.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

22 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

On September 11 2001 40 passengers and crew were murdered when they tried to stop 4 terrorists who were attempting to fly a plane into the Capitol Building.

On January 6th 2021 the President of the United States encouraged terrorists to attack the Capitol Building.

Well said.

I'm glad that BLM do not have this prep mad and gun touting mob attitude as those in Qanon and proud boys, that they did not see any need to interfere in the electoral process like these thugs did.

The veteran shot was a member of Qanon, and far too near to Pence, she was told to back off more than once before being shot a tragedy that could have been avoided with better and more security cordons.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Herman said:

And this one. Nazis.

Why was tough guy wearing a mask? I doubt it was because of Covid.

I wonder if RTB would like to comment?

40 minutes ago, Herman said:

And this one. Nazis.

I expect swindo is already searching his websites to see where he can buy one of those t-shirts

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bill said:

I expect swindo is already searching his websites to see where he can buy one of those t-shirts

Already in his wardrobe.

14 minutes ago, nevermind, neoliberalism has had it said:

I'm glad that BLM do not have this prep mad and gun touting mob attitude as those in Qanon and proud boys, that they did not see any need to interfere in the electoral process like these thugs did.

The veteran shot was a member of Qanon, and far too near to Pence, she was told to back off more than once before being shot a tragedy that could have been avoided with better and more security cordons.

Scary to see the difference in policing the two groups, just how simple Trump followers are, they really are backwards!

Its clear from the flags and statements made that these are nothing more than racists.

Since George Floyd, they have felt able to crawl out from under their stones with impunity.

14 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Its clear from the flags and statements made that these are nothing more than racists.

Since George Floyd, they have felt able to crawl out from under their stones with impunity.

They'll find it harder in 13 days time when the racist protector in chief begins training for his new job in the prison canteen

This thread reminds of those you get on the football section when the team starts to do well and a certain section of fans who had been posting prominently suddenly appear to be collectively lost  somewhere along the upper reaches of the Amazon without a wifi signal...

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

This thread reminds of those you get on the football section when the team starts to do well and a certain section of fans who had been posting prominently suddenly appear to be collectively lost  somewhere along the upper reaches of the Amazon without a wifi signal...

Certainly we have lost a 'balance' of opinion on this thread over the last 24 hours when things have got a lot worse. I keep thinking "where are pro Trump supporters" but I suspect the forum is 100% or near enough in solidarity about events. 

What's the phrase - "when you have dug a deep hole the best thing to do is stop digging"? 

If people don't want their "freedom" to promote anti-democratic drivel without any consequences curtailed, maybe stopping the promotion of anti-democratic drivel would be a good idea?

8 minutes ago, Surfer said:

What's the phrase - "when you have dug a deep hole the best thing to do is stop digging"? 

If people don't want their "freedom" to promote anti-democratic drivel without any consequences curtailed, maybe stopping the promotion of anti-democratic drivel would be a good idea?

Utter buffoons! Limbaugh seems to have missed the obvious point that "Sam Adams, Thomas Paine, the men at Lexington and Concord" were fighting for democracy. Yesterday's insurrectionists were fighting against it. 

26 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Certainly we have lost a 'balance' of opinion on this thread over the last 24 hours when things have got a lot worse. I keep thinking "where are pro Trump supporters" but I suspect the forum is 100% or near enough in solidarity about events. 

I think one sided debate is not healthy 

@Jools we need you here 🙂

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/surrounded-by-shrinking-circle-of-aides-a-brooding-trump-lashes-out/ar-BB1cyVqZ?ocid=msedgntp

Surrounded by shrinking circle of aides, a brooding Trump lashes out

" U.S. President Donald Trump has increasingly isolated himself in the White House, relying on a small group of diehard loyalists and lashing out at those who dare to cross him, including Vice President Mike Pence, said four sources familiar with the matter."

I get the feeling another "Downfall" spoof will be on its way soon.

Edited by horsefly

39 minutes ago, sonyc said:

I doubt 100 per cent. I can think of some posters who are almost certainly unhappy about what happened only in the sense that they realise it has made it harder to defend Trump rather than being actually opposed to his incitement of an attempted coup d'état. It is only the look of the thing that bothers them. They will slink back once they have come up with some absurd bit of whatabouterism or feel emboldened anough to give credence to some some crackpot theory that it was really all antifa-instigated.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I doubt 100 per cent. I can think of some posters who are almost certainly unhappy about what happened only in the sense that they realise it has made it harder to defend Trump rather than being actually opposed to his incitement of an attempted coup d'état. It is only the look of the thing that bothers them. They will slink back once they have come up with some absurd bit of whatabouterism or feel emboldened anough to give credence to some some crackpot theory that it was really all antifa-instigated.

Well I had wondered if they might conflate the 'coup' attempt with Brexit...along the lines of the irony of the outrage being felt on this issue etc etc ... disappointing that this argument hasn't landed by way of compensation. Inadequate and inappropriate though that would be.

1 hour ago, Surfer said:

How dare Limbaugh attempt to associate the name of our great Thomas Paine with his scabrous cause !

Couple of interesting snippets that appeared in the inbox:

Trump Is Said to Have Discussed Pardoning Himself - The New York Times https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/07/us/politics/trump-self-pardon.html?campaign_id=60&emc=edit_na_20210107&instance_id=0&nl=breaking-news&ref=cta&regi_id=156377540&segment_id=48668&user_id=26026e9483ef004e67f363a26a0f793f

Pelosi threatens to pursue impeachment if Trump’s cabinet does not remove him using the 25th Amendment. - The New York Times https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/07/us/politics/pelosi-schumer-25-amendment.html

1 hour ago, Deptford Yellow said:

How dare Limbaugh attempt to associate the name of our great Thomas Paine with his scabrous cause !

Born again.

The world would be better if Hegseth hadn't been born.

The old I don't condone what happened . . . but

Someone suddenly looks very scared.... it took a whole day for this 2 min non event to take place.