PurpleCanary

The Never-President Trump

Well, if those people caught trespassers on their property, they'd be the first to say "our property, we shoot them".

So, let's see if the powers that be exercise the same force.

9 minutes ago, ricardo said:

American Civil War part 2.

Thought had crossed my mind - 

From that now very dated and extremely politically incorrect old movie "Gone with the Wind..."

The south doesn't make cannons...

and Atlanta burning.

Frankly Trump needs charging with sedition

Simply astonishing scenes! 4 years ago this country was considered the leader of the free world. Now it's a model for right-wing insurrectionists. What a legacy Trump has left.

2 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Well, if those people caught trespassers on their property, they'd be the first to say "our property, we shoot them".

So, let's see if the powers that be exercise the same force.

Ivanka Trump tweeted calling the protesters "American patriots" before deleting.

Biden speaking now. Very good speech. Proper statesmanship.

Calling on Trump to go on TV now in his role.

Quite incredible scenes really. Not great start to 2021 for the US. This will take some time to heal.

Edited by sonyc

7 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Biden speaking now. Very good speech. Proper statesmanship.

Calling on Trump to go on TV now in his role.

Quite incredible scenes really. Not great start to 2021 for the US. This will take some time to heal.

As Biden said, the world is watching, shameful.

Oh this has been building up for almost 40 Years. Trump was just petrol poured on the slow burning fire. Blame goes to Nixon, Reagan, Ryan, McConnel, Cruz there are too many to name. 

it’s probably best to have it flare up now so that Biden can work his concensus politics magic. I can not imagine a bigger incentive for the GOP to redeem itself and expel these traitors in their midst. 

Trump just posted an unbelievable video on twitter telling the protesters to go home but basically defending their anger at a stolen election. Shocking!

Just now, horsefly said:

Trump just posted an unbelievable video on twitter telling the protesters to go home but basically defending their anger at a stolen election. Shocking!

“ I understand your anger, we had this election stolen from us”. “Please go home”

it just gets worse

So how does this play out? A rubicon has been crossed with Trump's storm troopers seizing the Capitol.  They will have to be arrested and charged if American law and order is to survive. Trump will have to disown them (and not egg them on) or go down with them. 

I'm not sure I can see another way out.

Edited by Yellow Fever

He needs to be impeached again for inciting this insurrection. He may only have days left but never again should a president get away with such criminal behaviour. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

So how does this play out? A rubicon has been crossed with Trump's storm troopers seizing the Capitol.  They will have to be arrested and charged if American law and order is to survive. Trump will have to disown them (and not egg them on) or go down with them. 

I'm not sure I can see another way out.

I think more importantly the GOP has to disown him. He is taking succour from the rabble. The idiot we have seen with the horned skin and painted face are itching for disobedience.

He has to be thrown out of the party and even if he stands in 2024 will just guarantee a Harris win.

12 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

He has to be thrown out of the party

Impeachment papers being prepared according to BBC 24 news

Just now, king canary said:

God I miss when the world was boring.

The old Chinese curse - May you live in interesting times...

1 minute ago, king canary said:

God I miss when the world was boring.

We could be closer to a global tipping point than people think.

If Trump were impeached (by the House) and convicted (by the Senate) he would be blocked from running for any public office again. It's a way that Republicans could put the knife in this vampire's heart. But they won't do it. It needs a 2/3 majority in the Senate and there are 34 GOP Senators who would block the conviction - just "because" or "to own the libs" . Then again today isn't over yet. 

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

We could be closer to a global tipping point than people think.

No, we will be just fine. My American friends are angry. But they are angry that the symbols of US power are bing abused in this way. The rabble will be contained. Order will be restored. We have an alternate President - Biden is calling the shots. Sleep well, everyone and do not worry for America.

Just now, Surfer said:

No, we will be just fine. My American friends are angry. But they are angry that the symbols of US power are bing abused in this way. The rabble will be contained. Order will be restored. We have an alternate President - Biden is calling the shots. Sleep well, everyone and do not worry for America.

I'm not worried for America... they made their bed. I'm concerned that  the ' leaders of the  free world's have  set  a terrible example  to those they 'lead'. Good may come of this ,but not in the short term . 

17 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I think more importantly the GOP has to disown him. He is taking succour from the rabble. The idiot we have seen with the horned skin and painted face are itching for disobedience.

He has to be thrown out of the party and even if he stands in 2024 will just guarantee a Harris win.

I suspect many a GOP member is already regretting how they have acquiesced with Trump and how evil has crept up upon them - and now look where it has got them - an attempted if not thought through coup no less. 

Trump and the National Guard gives me a sick feeling - it opens or rather enables other options for Trump.

At least one person shot at Capitol riot

One person has been shot during violent protests inside the US Capitol, according to the Associated Press.

Lindsay Watts, a reporter with a Fox News affiliate, tweeted that DC paramedics said resuscitation efforts were under way.

News that a woman was in a critical condition after being shot in the chest was also reported by CNN.

16 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Impeachment papers being prepared according to BBC 24 news

He'll finish up behind bars at the rate he's going. My USA relations are disgusted at what is happening.

Fair question ?

Imagine if Black Lives Matter did this?'

Amid the bedlam at Capitol Hill, many are comparing the response by law enforcement to pro-Trump protesters today with that of Black Lives Matter (BLM) protesters across the country this summer. 

"Imagine if #BlackLivesMatter were the ones who were storming the Capitol building," wrote CNN political commentator Van Jones. "Thousands of black people laying siege to the seat of government."

BLM protests this summer were frequently met with police and National Guard members decked out in riot gear. The mostly peaceful demonstrations resulted in dozens of arrests and some 20 deaths of protesters, according to the Armed Conflict Location and Event Data project.

Demonstrators in Washington DC today were able to breach the temporary barriers set up outside the Capitol building. 

Footage appears to show police officers - who were vastly outnumbered - opening the gates to allow protesters through, while members of law enforcement posed for selfies with the rioters who had broken inside the building.

5 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Fair question ?

Imagine if Black Lives Matter did this?'

Amid the bedlam at Capitol Hill, many are comparing the response by law enforcement to pro-Trump protesters today with that of Black Lives Matter (BLM) protesters across the country this summer. 

"Imagine if #BlackLivesMatter were the ones who were storming the Capitol building," wrote CNN political commentator Van Jones. "Thousands of black people laying siege to the seat of government."

BLM protests this summer were frequently met with police and National Guard members decked out in riot gear. The mostly peaceful demonstrations resulted in dozens of arrests and some 20 deaths of protesters, according to the Armed Conflict Location and Event Data project.

Demonstrators in Washington DC today were able to breach the temporary barriers set up outside the Capitol building. 

Footage appears to show police officers - who were vastly outnumbered - opening the gates to allow protesters through, while members of law enforcement posed for selfies with the rioters who had broken inside the building.

Given the majority of the police support the fascist Trump it's not surprising!