PurpleCanary

The Never-President Trump

1 hour ago, Surfer said:

Very amusing. 

Anyway back on the subject of Trump losing the election.....  he lost big time and he’ll lose the legal protection of his office come Jan 21, so I bet he’s bricking it right now ... along with his precious Ivanka, Jarred, Eric and Don Jnr. We probably won’t have to wait very long for the lawsuits to start flying accusing them of specific acts of corruption at both State and Federal level. Convicted felons can’t stand for office even if they serve no actual prison time. 

So it's ok for your side to start lawsuits against Trump, yet you are not even prepared to wait until the courts have ruled on the lawsuits alleging voter fraud? If for no other reason, there are 70 million people demanding to know whether the voting system is fair or not. In a democracy that is a very important thing to get right. Yet by telling 70 million to shut up and accept the result you are damaging the very system that you are supposed to be safe-guarding. 

At the moment all I can see is the Democrats behaving in a very undemocratic way. It doesn't look good for the next four years if this is how you start.

20 minutes ago, king canary said:

I think he's due some pity to be honest. Nobody who spends the amount of time he does posting random right wing memes on a football forum can be living the most fulfilling life offline.

I'm currently self-isolating with much time on my hands, so please spare the pity -- I'm actually enjoying the rest and the reactions 👍

30 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Thank you Ambassador.

You’re welcome.

Whats making me laugh on Twitter is all the typically thick MAGAt’s trying to get #MakeTheUkraineGreatAgain! trending.

Not the brightest 🤦🏻‍♂️

7 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

The new President timely cut off at ‘Yes’. Funny that 😎

What's funny about it?

48 minutes ago, Jools said:

What's funny about it?

Because it suggests that there was nothing incriminating said of course otherwise they’d have let it run💡 

1 minute ago, Alex Moss said:

Because it suggests that there was nothing incriminating said of course otherwise they’d have let it run💡 

The idiot can barely finish a sentence, so I wouldn't beat yourself up over it too much if I were you...

Which, thankfully, I aren't 😎

12 minutes ago, Jools said:

The idiot can barely finish a sentence, so I wouldn't beat yourself up over it too much if I were you...

Which, thankfully, I aren't 😎

Ha ha I’m very thankful you’re not too, but fair play to the new President for largely overcoming his stammer you refer to 👏

Enjoy Trump in jail btw, Jan 20th is going to be one hell of a party! 🥳

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

So it's ok for your side to start lawsuits against Trump, yet you are not even prepared to wait until the courts have ruled on the lawsuits alleging voter fraud? If for no other reason, there are 70 million people demanding to know whether the voting system is fair or not. In a democracy that is a very important thing to get right. Yet by telling 70 million to shut up and accept the result you are damaging the very system that you are supposed to be safe-guarding. 

At the moment all I can see is the Democrats behaving in a very undemocratic way. It doesn't look good for the next four years if this is how you start.

Nobody needs to “start lawsuites” they have already been filed by at least one State and several individuals. It’s just that he loses his immunity Jan 21 as he is no longer President. 

The courts have been rejecting Trumps election fantasy lawsuites as soon as they have been filed. It’s 1 win (minimum observer distance during a count) v 20 losses already.  So if you recall the Democrats conceded the election the day after Election Day last time around - as is the norm. 

So if there are 70 million Trump supporters questioning the result (there are not) it’s only because Trump and Fox News are deliberately spreading this “fraud” propaganda... a reason enough for Fox to loose their broadcast license. 

7 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

The new President timely cut off at ‘Yes’. Funny that 😎

I'm surprised you could hear what he was saying over the top of that barrel scraping sound that seems to be inextricably linked to Jools' posts.

Edited by kick it off
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

So the Trump lawyers have quietly withdrawn large chunks of the PA lawsuit, so no longer challenging the 600,000 odd ballots they were previously. Meaning what they are looking at in Pennsylvania is another suit that challenges an insignificant tiny amount of votes thatcwould have no affect on the overall outcome. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, king canary said:

So the Trump lawyers have quietly withdrawn large chunks of the PA lawsuit, so no longer challenging the 600,000 odd ballots they were previously. Meaning what they are looking at in Pennsylvania is another suit that challenges an insignificant tiny amount of votes thatcwould have no affect on the overall outcome. 

Is this the new plan then? Win enough minor cases to save face and allow trump to disappear without conceding,  but without actually challenging the overall result. 

Seems like a good plan all around to me.

1 minute ago, Barbe bleu said:

Is this the new plan then? Win enough minor cases to save face and allow trump to disappear without conceding,  but without actually challenging the overall result. 

Seems like a good plan all around to me.

Nah, sorry, no allowing him to do anything other than face the full rigours  of the law. 

7 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Nah, sorry, no allowing him to do anything other than face the full rigours  of the law. 

Genuine question, would 'allowing' him a minor victory and the excuse to exit without conceding make any difference to unrelated proceedings? 

Edited by Barbe bleu

2 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

Why would 'allowing' him a minor victory and the excuse to exit without conceding make any difference to unrelated proceedings?

Well, this is a man who would use whatever pyrrhic victory to claim that he was right/ the winner/ cheated out of victory. Democracy demands that he concedes, it is only right and proper. No concessions. Would he be gracious in Victory....of course not. This is Americas chance to pull back the Curtain and reveal him for what he is......and maybe learn from it.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

Genuine question, would 'allowing' him a minor victory and the excuse to exit without conceding make any difference to unrelated proceedings? 

The law doesn't work that way.

Whereas I think all sensible people agree that his existing electoral suits are frivolous and will be in the main if not already dismissed those against him personally aren't i.e .-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-54716550

It would appear the protection of being the sitting president has stymied it would seem some of these from proceeding. Quite a state of affairs!

I think he and his cronies are such in a tight place where they've run out of road and rather than accept the inevitable comeuppance they try to bend and besmirch American democracy to their will first.

Is there a way out for him ? I don't know but digging an ever deeper hole surely isn't it.

Edited by Yellow Fever

2 hours ago, kick it off said:

I'm surprised you could hear what he was saying over the top of that barrel scraping sound that seems to be inextricably linked to Jools' posts.

Difficult, but thankfully I downloaded that app called ‘Bullsh1t Filter‘ which promises to polish a turd. It is perfect for work like his, KIO 💯👏

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

Well, this is a man who would use whatever pyrrhic victory to claim that he was right/ the winner/ cheated out of victory. Democracy demands that he concedes, it is only right and proper. No concessions. Would he be gracious in Victory....of course not. This is Americas chance to pull back the Curtain and reveal him for what he is......and maybe learn from it.

My gut feeling is that he will resign, quoting the fraud etc, thus allowing Pence to

a/ give him a presidential pardon.

b/ hand over to Biden.

58 minutes ago, SteveN8458 said:

My gut feeling is that he will resign, quoting the fraud etc, thus allowing Pence to

a/ give him a presidential pardon.

b/ hand over to Biden.

You may well be right Steveo, my post was in ref to what I think should happen, unfortunately,this slimy creep will do whatecer it takes in order to avoid answering for his actions, thereby enabling him to declare them( the alleged malpractices) false. It really is tiresome that we should have to sift through endless claims of misbehaviour regarding the election, his relationship with Russia, Stormy Daniels etc, just doesnt equate with the dignity required to be a senior statesman.  Christ knows what the solution is , I fear it will get messier before it gets better. 

6 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

You may well be right Steveo, my post was in ref to what I think should happen, unfortunately,this slimy creep will do whatecer it takes in order to avoid answering for his actions, thereby enabling him to declare them( the alleged malpractices) false. It really is tiresome that we should have to sift through endless claims of misbehaviour regarding the election, his relationship with Russia, Stormy Daniels etc, just doesnt equate with the dignity required to be a senior statesman.  Christ knows what the solution is , I fear it will get messier before it gets better. 

It's the Trump / Pence ticket that lost. Trump (or Pence) resigning doesn't excuse one or the other.

Pence can takeover (let's face it Trump is delusional) but the legal position doesn't change regarding the election. If Pence acknowledges / concedes that's as good as Trump if he is 'sane'.

1 minute ago, Yellow Fever said:

It's the Trump / Pence ticket that lost. Trump (or Pence) resigning doesn't excuse one or the other.

Pence can takeover (let's face it Trump is delusional) but the legal position doesn't change regarding the election. If Pence acknowledges / concedes that's as good as Trump if he is 'sane'.

Only thing I know for sure is that it's an unholy mess, and does no favours for the American Nation.

4 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Only thing I know for sure is that it's an unholy mess, and does no favours for the American Nation.

Agreed - I just don't think Pence taking over solves anything for Trump ( I suppose as per Ford/Nixon he could  'pardon' Trump for some of the issues - but not all are as yet in litigation and a pardon in reality is tantamount to admitting guilt) - that Trump can't do for himself.

13 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

Talking of undemocratic.

The Lords have overwhelmingly rejected Boris's Brexit Lying Law Changes.

The idiot says he couldn't care less because he is returning it to the Commons.

Democracy working the way he wants it.

Edited by keelansgrandad

9 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Agreed - I just don't think Pence taking over solves anything for Trump ( I suppose as per Ford/Nixon he could  'pardon' Trump for some of the issues - but not all are as yet in litigation and a pardon in reality is tantamount to admitting guilt) - that Trump can't do for himself.

A pardon only covers federal crimes, and some cases that are likely to go ahead once Trump leaves the White House are below the federal level. There is a fraud case in New York, and two defamation cases by women whom Trump called liars for claiming he had assaulted them.

3 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

Is there a way out for him ? I don't know but digging an ever deeper hole surely isn't it.

Taking a neutral stance i would say that trump's opponents have spent four or five years in effect saying that Trump is insane.  Why then reference to rational behaviour now?

For the sake of all Americans I would say that Trump (and his core support?) should be dealt with as he is, not how he should be. 

Let him have his petty victory pat him on the head and get the job done. Worry about the nemesis if that is what you want another day

The Mussolini-Petacci solution sounds the best to me. Maybe a bit harsh but hey....