PurpleCanary

The Never-President Trump

30 minutes ago, Bagster said:

Honk honk

Four more years 😁

I'm assuming the "Honk honk" is the sound of the massively spiraling numbers of Covid-19 victims coughing up their last breath.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/donald-trump-s-top-aide-admits-we-re-not-going-to-control-the-coronavirus-pandemic/ar-BB1anlOG?ocid=msedgntp

Donald Trump's chief of staff has admitted the US government is no longer trying to control the pandemic which is ravaging the country with record infection levels.

Mark Meadows, speaking on CNN, said: "We’re not going to control the pandemic. We are going to control the fact that we get vaccines, therapeutics."

Pressed by CNN anchor Jake Tapper on why not, Mr Meadows responded: "Because it is a contagious virus just like the flu."

Donald Trump has claimed the United States has 'turned a corner' in their battle against Covid-19, something that the country's chief epidemiologist Anthony Fauci has rejected.

Meanwhile an outbreak of infections is circulating among Vice President Mike Pence's staff but he is continuing his campaign schedule.

It's rumoured that Pinewood Studios are considering adding to the Carry-On genre with "Carry-On Dying"

6 minutes ago, horsefly said:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/donald-trump-s-top-aide-admits-we-re-not-going-to-control-the-coronavirus-pandemic/ar-BB1anlOG?ocid=msedgntp

Donald Trump's chief of staff has admitted the US government is no longer trying to control the pandemic which is ravaging the country with record infection levels.

Mark Meadows, speaking on CNN, said: "We’re not going to control the pandemic. We are going to control the fact that we get vaccines, therapeutics."

Pressed by CNN anchor Jake Tapper on why not, Mr Meadows responded: "Because it is a contagious virus just like the flu."

Donald Trump has claimed the United States has 'turned a corner' in their battle against Covid-19, something that the country's chief epidemiologist Anthony Fauci has rejected.

Meanwhile an outbreak of infections is circulating among Vice President Mike Pence's staff but he is continuing his campaign schedule.

It's rumoured that Pinewood Studios are considering adding to the Carry-On genre with "Carry-On Dying"

Biden needn't have worried (if he even did) that his fossil-fuel remarks might have cost him some blue-collar votes. He probably knew he could rely on Trump or one of his idiot underlings to say something vastly more self-harming.

Biden has managed something that only Barak Obama managed previously - get a the oldest and youngest cohorts of voters to overwhelmingly support him. That's to do with Trump's abject failure to manage the virus for the first group, and determination to destroy the environment for the second. Early voting is off-the-charts, so I have no idea how much additional damage Mark Meadows cynical admission about not controlling the Virus from this morning will do, but it's looking increasingly like a collapse of Trump's support now with the critical independent voters. 

Edited by Surfer
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, horsefly said:

I'm assuming the "Honk honk" is the sound of the massively spiraling numbers of Covid-19 victims coughing up their last breath.

Do yourself a favour and educate yourself

4 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Biden needn't have worried (if he even did) that his fossil-fuel remarks might have cost him some blue-collar votes. He probably knew he could rely on Trump or one of his idiot underlings to say something vastly more self-harming.

Watch this purple, I really expect a lot more from People like you.

Engage your brain FFS , the kids are going to be burdened beyond belief

3 hours ago, Bagster said:

Watch this purple, I really expect a lot more from People like you.

People like me? Are there such? The poor sods. They should sue if so, or at least demand severe social distancing. One reply comes to mind, from Rousseau. There are various versions but the one I like best, roughly translated, is:

'In a world gone mad it is an act of folly to remain wise.'

Hey, Purple, I'm going to ask you a straight question again and I expect a straight answer:

Who do you think is going to win the election?

Trump or Biden?

5 hours ago, Bagster said:

Do yourself a favour and educate yourself

Let me see! should I believe the conspiritorial bollox spouted by a chemical engineer, or the research of thousands of virologists and epidemiologists across the world? Gosh that's a hard decision. As you say, do yourself a favour and educate yourself.

Even if the dude was correct, in his analysis the problem is the governments in the UK and US have totally destroyed any credibility with their public and constantly flood the media with so much disinformation none of these points of view will be heard. So “physician heal thyself” i s appropriate to say - restore decency and truth and we can have nice things and open debate again. 

5 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

People like me? Are there such? The poor sods. They should sue if so, or at least demand severe social distancing. One reply comes to mind, from Rousseau. There are various versions but the one I like best, roughly translated, is:

'In a world gone mad it is an act of folly to remain wise.'

So you would say, that wise was blindly following Alexander Boris de pfeffel Johnson  who is taking our country to a very dark place

Personally I would prefer to listen to people like the former chief justice.

7 hours ago, Jools said:

Hey, Purple, I'm going to ask you a straight question again and I expect a straight answer:

Who do you think is going to win the election?

Trump or Biden?

I think Biden will win both the popular vote and electoral college vote easily but somehow alot of those vote will be 'fraud' and the orange cretin will get a second term.

3 hours ago, Bagster said:

So you would say, that wise was blindly following Alexander Boris de pfeffel Johnson  who is taking our country to a very dark place

Personally I would prefer to listen to people like the former chief justice.

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. You seem to have got hold of the wrong end of a whole handful of sticks while barking up several wrong trees.

Look, we all sympathise, we really do. You are missing City1st. His absence leaves a massive hole in your posting life, but I am afraid trying to joust with me just is not going to fill that void...🤓

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, The Raptor said:

I think Biden will win both the popular vote and electoral college vote easily but somehow alot of those vote will be 'fraud' and the orange cretin will get a second term.

That's my fear. Biden has to win and win big or these shysters will try and cheat the system. So many are in too deep with this trump scam that they will be worrying about future criminal charges. A cornered rat and all that.... 

5 minutes ago, Surfer said:

More swing state polls breaking in Biden's direction. "The Hill" leans center-right, so no reason to push Biden.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/522718-biden-stretches-lead-over-trump-in-mich-wis-and-penn-poll

Biden stretches lead over Trump in Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania: poll

The only caveat is that the poll was conducted before the last debate.

30 minutes ago, horsefly said:

The essence of a Trump supporter. 

Even if Trump and Brexit aren't Russian plots, the Kremlin must be toasting the current situation every evening with their finest Vodka.

Trump and Brexit ( the latter via Johnson and Cummings) have caused huge social divisions within two of the few Countries with Nuclear weapons. This guy exemplifies the anger which is just beneath the surface for tens of millions of people across the US and UK. Do people even know why they are so angry? Almost certainly not, otherwise they'd be able to do something to defuse it.

The populations of both Countries have been manipulated to feel that they are in one of two camps and they feel so passionately about their own camp that they are prepared to lie, resort very quickly to insults and even resort to violence whenever their beliefs are challenged.

The parallels between our Government and the Trump Administration are frightening; both respond to any criticism by the Mantra "lie, deny, demean and attack"; both hate any organisation which doesn't just repeat their pronouncements - here its the BBC and some journalists; both want to manipulate and control the Judiciary; both despise having their policies challenged by elected representatives. 

• Like 2

Yes, and that's why what happens here in the US next week is going to have such an influence on the UK government's behavior next year. Will they double down on their transatlantic isolationism or will they feel isolated and start to rebuild international bridges? 

On 26/10/2020 at 17:09, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

Even if Trump and Brexit aren't Russian plots, the Kremlin must be toasting the current situation every evening with their finest Vodka.

Trump and Brexit ( the latter via Johnson and Cummings) have caused huge social divisions within two of the few Countries with Nuclear weapons. This guy exemplifies the anger which is just beneath the surface for tens of millions of people across the US and UK. Do people even know why they are so angry? Almost certainly not, otherwise they'd be able to do something to defuse it.

The populations of both Countries have been manipulated to feel that they are in one of two camps and they feel so passionately about their own camp that they are prepared to lie, resort very quickly to insults and even resort to violence whenever their beliefs are challenged.

The parallels between our Government and the Trump Administration are frightening; both respond to any criticism by the Mantra "lie, deny, demean and attack"; both hate any organisation which doesn't just repeat their pronouncements - here its the BBC and some journalists; both want to manipulate and control the Judiciary; both despise having their policies challenged by elected representatives. 

What a stupid post. Yes people are angry and that is the reason why they voted for Brexit and for Boris who promised to get Brexit done. They will probably vote for Biden because they are angry at the Covid handling. Thats how the system works.

Trump the wimp, Trump the loser:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/trump-says-lesley-stahl-had-fire-coming-out-of-her-eyes-as-he-complains-about-tough-60-minutes-interview/ar-BB1as8xx?ocid=msedgdhp

"Trump says Lesley Stahl had 'fire coming out of her eyes' as he complains about 'tough' 60 Minutes interview"

Mr Trump’s refusal to submit to questioning has been seized on by his critics as a sign of weakness, and an inability to defend his ideas. On Sunday Barack Obama, speaking at a drive-in rally in Miami, laughed at the fiasco. “It’s a good idea of you’re running for re-election to say, here’s what I want to accomplish. What did Trump say? He got mad and walked out of the interview. The questions were too tough. Too tough?” Mr Obama said. “Miami, listen, if he can’t answer a question like, what would you like to do in your second term, then it’s our job to make sure he doesn’t get a second term.”

Admittedly this article isn't entirely accurate. After all it does say that Trump is unable "to defend his ideas". Since when did Trump have any ideas???

Poor old Donald, just look at this picture of the elderly Stahl, pure evil!

34901616-8884257-image-m-2_1603804453088.jpg

Edited by horsefly

16 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

What a stupid post. Yes people are angry and that is the reason why they voted for Brexit and for Boris who promised to get Brexit done. They will probably vote for Biden because they are angry at the Covid handling. Thats how the system works.

As a father of a young female adult I can tell you that the anger in the US is focused on a lot more than the federal government's (non)response to Covid... just today for example we have this environmental roll-back.

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Trump-to-strip-protections-from-Tongass-National-15681191.php

Edited by Surfer

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/nigel-farage-gives-gushing-speech-at-donald-trump-rally-in-arizona/ar-BB1auwYZ?ocid=msedgdhp

"Nigel Farage Gives Gushing Speech At Donald Trump Rally In Arizona"

That should secure Biden a few more points in the polls. And btw Nigel, please f**king well stay in the US and never come back you worthless lying piece of gammon trash.

Fartrage called trump very brave. So brave the dotard is known as cadet bone spurs for the five deferments he paid for to get out of consciption. I would call him a Craven Paltroon of the lowest order.