PurpleCanary

The Never-President Trump

1 hour ago, Rock The Boat said:

You are as stupid and thick as Grandad

What? 

It does feel like the idiots on this forum are multiplying. 

Only the left call for people to die. Shame on you.

Only the left is a load of ****, but I agree no one should be wished any harm, particularly at the hands of this vicious disease.

Edited by Terminally Yellow

9 hours ago, horsefly said:

Clearly, such a time calls for great solemnity. So may I recommend the following pieces of music from Handel:

Whenever I hear that I cant help thinking of Nicolas Cage at his mental best!

• Haha 1

So where you you in 2016? Perhaps you were only twelve-years old at the time? Your resorting to profanity every time you lose the argument suggests you're are stoooodent. Which would explain why you know nothing.

Honestly are you looking to be crowned the biggest penis on this forum? In two posts you've shown yourself to be ageist and prejudicial. 

Good job, keyboard warrior 👍

• Thanks 1

And only the right ensures that they actually do die. Trump's lies, inaction, and hostility to genuine medical advice means 210,874 USA citizens have now lost their lives to Covid-19. Shame on you!

Edited by horsefly
missing text

31 minutes ago, Herman said:

The first time I've felt sympathy for him.

The thread on Todd Cantwell is on the football board.

Regards President Trump. Hope he recovers with no ill effects.

Well I think we can put the "he's not sick rumor" to bed...

and as is par for the course with this White House a day of lies and mistruth.... 

Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 15.09.43.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 15.08.04.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 15.10.23.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 15.10.36.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 15.06.32.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 15.06.52.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 15.10.10.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 15.11.09.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 15.22.34.png

Edited by Surfer

5 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

Melania may have her fingers crossed.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Blimey. When you're looking up constitutional amendments on a Friday night you know it's getting serious!

Hopefully he'll pull through.

• Haha 1

Watching the news. Very worrying stuff. I can't help but make comparisons between the language coming out of the White House with the language that came out of no. 10 when Boris was suffering with this. We know now that Boris was actually in a far worse situation than what no. 10 admitted.

Hope Trump makes a swift recovery - and I wonder whether this will provide him a bit of a sympathy vote in his upcoming election?

1 minute ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Hope Trump makes a swift recovery - and I wonder whether this will provide him a bit of a sympathy vote in his upcoming election?

I suspect quite a few find it difficult to hope for the first bit in bold, because of the likelihood of the second bit in bold. 

12 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I suspect quite a few find it difficult to hope for the first bit in bold, because of the likelihood of the second bit in bold. 

I feel uncomfortable commenting on an election I effectively have no say in; but I would hope that people can wish a person well while still disagreeing with his methods and values not to vote for him. 

2 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

I feel uncomfortable commenting on an election I effectively have no say in; but I would hope that people can wish a person well while still disagreeing with his methods and values not to vote for him. 

I can't stand Trump but can't bring myself to wish death upon him.

At the same time, I'm fearful that this episode will win him the election. 

"Look I'm a tough guy, the Coronavirus won't kill me, America is the greatest, I'm a super tough guy, so tough I defeated the China virus, China tried to kill me and they couldn't, macho BS, macho BS, Biden would have died" etc etc.

Also means that Biden has to suspend campaigning or look inconsiderate. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

6 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

At the same time, I'm fearful that this episode will win him the election. 

"Look I'm a tough guy, the Coronavirus won't kill me, America is the greatest, I'm a super tough guy, so tough I defeated the China virus, China tried to kill me and they couldn't, macho BS, macho BS, Biden would have died" etc etc.

You have to hope that the American, voting public can see that the President's own (IMO) reckless behaviour towards the risks the virus holds have clearly played it's part. If he had been a better role model and not held large gathering after large gathering and wore a mask and encouraged the adherence to social distancing, that not only might he not now have this virus but many hundreds of thousands of Americans might be spared it too. And that at least in part limits the sympathy vote. 

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

No it doesn't, and he won't. He has pulled down his negative ads, but the Trump campaign has not.

What will destroy the President is an understanding he knew he and Melania were infected BEFORE they went to the debate, and BEFORE he went to the New Jersey fund raiser. It's only suspected right now but the emerging evidence is pointing that way and even Fox News hosts are incredulous over the behavior of the Trump team, advisors and family this past week. See Chris Wallace : 

https://www.cnn.com/videos/business/2020/10/02/fox-news-chris-wallace-trump-covid-19-diagnosis-orig.cnn

The White House event(s) announcing the nomination of Amy Coney Barett to the Supreme Court a few days before the debate seems like a "super spreader" event, with no social distancing, no masks and now we have two US Senators confirmed infected - Mike Lee and Thom Tillis, three White House journalists, Hope Hicks, the RNC chair Ronna McDaniel and the President of Notre Dame University, plus the Present and the First Lady confirmed positive so far.

That smacks of gross incompetence, and if it turns out the Presidential party went to the debate KNOWING one of them was sick and they still behaved the way they did there, refusing to wear masks, that's the end of any campaign. It's no longer "fake news", it's cold hard reality.

p.s Supreme Court candidate Amy Coney Barett and her husband apparently had Covid earlier this year. In "Summer" ... was she or he still infectious? 

Edited by Surfer

I won't wish him dead, but honestly I wouldn't care in the slightest if he did die, and it would make the world a better place. He's a scumbag and deserves zero sympathy, you reap what you sow and he's been a c*** his entire life.

• Like 4

Kellyanne Conway has tested positive. Her daughter is furious at the willfull spreading of a deadly virus.

....and now the campaign manager.

Edited by Herman

I have zero sympathy for trump at all. He has no sympathy for 1000s that have died because he would not mandate masks. His lies and deceit about the virus have caught up with him. I will not be a hypocrite and wish him well.. because I do not.

• Like 1

I hope he pulls through but discovers a rare side effect, like publicly ****ting himself every time he lies.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

At the same time, I'm fearful that this episode will win him the election

Don't think that will happen - I think this coronavirus episode, whether real or pretence, will work in exactly the same way as his vile and deceitful campaigning - it may well excite his core support for whom he can do no wrong but it will do absolutely nothing whatsoever to win over swing voters. Other than the total RWNJs who are going to vote for anyway, I think the majority (who already think he has completely screwed up over the virus) will think his own behaviour resulting in him and many close to him catching the virus has been utterly stupid rather than garnering any sympathy or support.

And it certainly doesn't mean Biden has to suspend campaigning - the best Trump can hope for is avoiding embarassing himself and the US in any more debates.

53 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Don't think that will happen - I think this coronavirus episode, whether real or pretence, will work in exactly the same way as his vile and deceitful campaigning - it may well excite his core support for whom he can do no wrong but it will do absolutely nothing whatsoever to win over swing voters. Other than the total RWNJs who are going to vote for anyway, I think the majority (who already think he has completely screwed up over the virus) will think his own behaviour resulting in him and many close to him catching the virus has been utterly stupid rather than garnering any sympathy or support.

And it certainly doesn't mean Biden has to suspend campaigning - the best Trump can hope for is avoiding embarassing himself and the US in any more debates.

You are massively underestimating the number of stupid people in America who rationalise everything that Trump ever says or does.

$750 tax bill? That's because he's really smart. 

Grabbing people by the Kitty? Oh just locker room talk. 

Etc, etc, etc.

The democrats need to get black communities out voting to win this election, and the pandemic is not going to be helping that aim at all. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

33 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

You are massively underestimating the number of stupid people in America who rationalise everything that Trump ever says or does.

$750 tax bill? That's because he's really smart. 

Grabbing people by the Kitty? Oh just locker room talk. 

Etc, etc, etc.

The democrats need to get black communities out voting to win this election, and the pandemic is not going to be helping that aim at all. 

I don't think so, I agree (and said) that he has a core support that will vote for him come what may but they are not enough to win him the election this time.

Not sure why you think why the pandemic will suppress black voting - it hasn't held back BLM one iota and I would think the recent revelations about Trump's 2016 campaign tactics of voter suppression will provide additional motivation for them to get rid of him.

I do agree that there are a huge number of very stupid (or perhaps very poorly educated would be kinder) people in the US but Trump is nevertheless losing ground in the race and I don't see the pandemic turning it around for him.

9 hours ago, SHRIMPER said:

I have zero sympathy for trump at all. He has no sympathy for 1000s that have died because he would not mandate masks. His lies and deceit about the virus have caught up with him. I will not be a hypocrite and wish him well.. because I do not.

An increasing number of US Citizens are with you there Shrimper. What would normally be a "rally around the President / Flag" moment is being met with utter indifference to the fate of Donald. 

The only thing that is clear at this moment is the White House brought this on themselves, has acted with indifference to the safety of the people who work for it or with it, and failed in even the most basic courtesy of informing potential contacts they could have been exposed to infection.

The public relations hole they have dug is getting deeper by the hour. Trump's doctor just reported he is 72 hours into his diagnosis - which implies he tested positive Wednesday i.e. immediately after the debate, after which he went to a fund raiser on Thursday - and he was given a cocktail of antibodies 42 hours ago, not yesterday i.e. before the tweet announcing Trump was infected.

Just now Chief of Staff Meadows just effectively contradicted the doctor's summary that overall the President was doing fine, by suggesting "the next 48 hours will be critical"

We also heard that former New Jersey Governor Chris Christie has now tested positive - he was not warned either - as has campaign manager Bill Stepian and also Senator Ron Johnson. Two other Senators were at the White House event last weekend, one refuses to get tested despite being 87. We only heard about Hope Hicks because on e of her friends said she complained of having flu like symptoms, we only heard that Kellyanne Conway tested positive because her daughter busted her. Now Attorney General Barr who is seen standing next to and talking to Kellanne has said he does not intend to quarantine, directly ignoring CDC guidance. 

So we are left with the conclusions a) we can't trust any medical information coming out of the White House as what is coming out is contradictory, b) the President probably knew he was infected before at least one of two post-debate public events he attended, c) the President may also have been infected before the presidential debate, d) the WH seems intent on covering up who is infected including the possibility they knew Trump was infected but hoped he would be asymptomatic so they wouldn't have to admit it e) nobody is communicating with senior Democratic Party leaders about what is happening - specifically no communication to Joe Biden or to Nancy Pelosi.

It paints a shocking (but not unexpected) pattern of incompetence and malice from all involved. 

So no wonder there is no groundswell of good will toward Donald and Melania. Not sure many WANT them to die, but there is certainly massive indifference to their fate given their actions. 

Edited by Surfer
  • Thanks 3

In this picture - Front row foreground - so this could get a whole lot worse very quickly.... 

Vice President Pence, 2nd Lady Karen Pence, Attorney General Bill Barr, White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows, White House Lawyer Pat Cipollone. 

RollCall.jpg

Rose Garden.jpg

Edited by Surfer