PurpleCanary

The Never-President Trump

What an absolute car crash of a debate. 

Will be very interesting to see how the polls will change as a result of that.... unchanged is my guess, given how dug in each side is - which means a Biden landslide win. 

3 minutes ago, Surfer said:

What an absolute car crash of a debate. 

Will be very interesting to see how the polls will change as a result of that.... unchanged is my guess, given how dug in each side is - which means a Biden landslide win. 

Yep! The key is the 10-20% who have yet to make up their minds. Trump was utterly petulant, Biden rose to it some times but certainly seemed more presidential. Biden will have surely won over more of that group.

5 hours ago, Jools said:

Joe's notes have been leaked:

21414c90-8f1a-445b-989f-74a955755b28-3e650c86-1185-42f5-b5bf-0cccf1ed47e1

🙃

They just found Dippy Donald's notes on his lectern:

donnyt.png.38d816e23ed5075a7f576dd2f79cbefe.png

• Haha 5

Do a load of coke. 

And tell the nazis to stand by. 

That’s it. 

Edited by Herman
  • Like 1

" And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love.. you make ..   yeah yeah yeah ye yeah......."

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1311166884557930500

I'm sure that little episode will do wonders to gather the suburban voters he needs to close the gap ... not! 

So Boris and Brexit dudes, that's the US election sorted, what are you going to do now the US and EU will be aligned and the UK is looking sheepishly in from the outside at two of the three biggest world economies? 

11 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

Despite what some might think when I occasionally post on this thread, I'm no fan of Trump but I do think everyone should be given some slack when it's deserved. Yes I know he may well be some / most / all of the multitude of things you call him but at least in this clip he comes across as almost Presidential. Mind you the guy on his left seems to be trying not to laugh throughout! Just a pity that he can't show this type of decent behavior all the time.      

As with pretty much everything to do with Trump, this is not quite the success story he claims, as the Post reports:

GM lent the startup newly created just for this transaction, Lordstown Motors, $40 million to buy and retool GM’s own idled factory. GM also invested $75 million in Lordstown Motors and will supply it with GM components — raising suspicions that this “new” company was merely an excuse to push out thousands of senior, unionized GM workers.

And while the new firm recently unveiled a prototype for its first electric truck — the occasion for Trump’s self-back-patting comments on Monday — production won’t begin for another year. Even then, Lordstown Motors will require just a few hundred workers, who are expected to work at lower wages than the 4,500 employed at the one-time GM plant when Trump was first elected.

The moderator wasn't strong enough to tell them to be quiet and show some respect.

Fact checking did reveal that Trump lied many more times than Biden but the real clincher of how obscene this idiot is when he told the Proud Boys to stand by.

And this morning, his supporters are still adamant he doesn't lie and that to call overtly racist white people, white supremacists is itself racist.

holy cow, those straws are performing miracle s and I would like to know where they get the from.

Trumpski won the debate and it isn't my bias that made me come to that conclusion --- It's the fact that the deceitful, Lefty media, notably CNN, the US equivalent of the BBC, want the two remaining presidential debates cancelled that tells me their man lost 👍

I love the way Trumpski got Biden to repudiate the Green New Deal, dismiss Bernie Sanders and admit he’s going to raise taxes on the middle-class 😀

Trumpski has won a lot of undecideds 👍

At least he won over the nazis. They are an important part of the electorate. At least they are used to writing an X. 

3 minutes ago, Herman said:

At least he won over the nazis. They are an important part of the electorate. At least they are used to writing an X. 

Be serious for just 5 minutes if you can and tell us, Hermo -- What exactly did Biden do to deserve being called the winner? Is it the fact he managed to stay upright for 90 minutes? 🧍‍♂️

12 minutes ago, Herman said:

You haven't seen the debate then? When Wallace asked Trumpski whether he was willing to condemn white supremacist groups, Trump said “Sure I’m willing to do that, but almost everything I see is from the left-wing.”

6 minutes ago, Jools said:

Be serious for just 5 minutes if you can and tell us, Hermo -- What exactly did Biden do to deserve being called the winner? Is it the fact he managed to stay upright for 90 minutes? 🧍‍♂️

Please do tell us which post debate polls suggest Trump won. Your blind support for a racist who can't bring himself to condemn white supremacists is frankly disgraceful. I do hope there is no one of colour in the care/rest homes you claim to manage.

2 minutes ago, Jools said:

You haven't seen the debate then? When Wallace asked Trumpski whether he was willing to condemn white supremacist groups, Trump said “Sure I’m willing to do that, but almost everything I see is from the left-wing.”

He told the Proud Boys to stand back and stand by. Even the Daily Mail reported their shocking response:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8788187/amp/Proud-Boys-celebrate-online-Trump-told-far-right-group-stand-stand-by.html

'We are ready': Proud Boys threaten to act and pledge allegiance to Trump after he told the far right group to 'stand back and stand by' during presidential debate

• Members of the far-right group immediately posted about the shout out Tuesday
  • Their account on Telegram posted: 'Standing down and standing by sir'
  • Following the call out the group appeared to pledge their allegiance to Trump
  • One online account made 'Stand back. Stand by' part of a new logo for the group
  • Proud Boys organizer Joe Biggs wrote: 'President Trump told the proud boys to stand by because someone needs to deal with ANTIFA... well sir! we're ready!'
  • 'Trump basically said to go f*** them up! this makes me so happy', he added  
  • Joe Biden retweeted a post which looked to show a number of their posts in the wake of Trump's comments; he wrote: 'This. This is Donald Trump's America'
  • Proud Boys is a far-right organization that admits only men as members 
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Jools said:

Trumpski won the debate and it isn't my bias that made me come to that conclusion --- It's the fact that the deceitful, Lefty media, notably CNN, the US equivalent of the BBC, want the two remaining presidential debates cancelled that tells me their man lost 👍

I love the way Trumpski got Biden to repudiate the Green New Deal, dismiss Bernie Sanders and admit he’s going to raise taxes on the middle-class 😀

General Melchett Quotes - The Best of General Melchett | Blackadder quotes,  Blackadder, British tv comedies

46 minutes ago, Jools said:

You seem very reluctant to provide us with any evidence from the post-debate polls, so perhaps I can help you out there with a few:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/09/30/reliable-polls-show-that-biden-won-debate-so-those-arent-what-trumps-allies-are-highlighting/

Reliable polls show that Biden won the debate — so those aren’t what Trump’s allies are highlighting

https://inews.co.uk/us-election-2020/president-debate-polls-latest-polling-after-trump-vs-biden-who-will-win-us-election-671260

CNN’s post-debate poll found that 60 per cent of viewers believed Mr Biden won the debate, while just 28 per cent saw President Trump as the victor

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/who-won-debate-trump-biden-polls-a4559606.html

A CBS poll, conducted immediately after the debate, found that 48 per cent of people believed Mr Biden won. Trump was close behind, with 41 per cent of respondents

In the UK, Britain Elects conducted a Twitter poll, showing that UK watchers also favoured Mr Biden. As of 9.50 am, Britain Elects saw Mr Biden lead with 49.6 per cent over Mr Trump’s 29.3 per cent.

I now look forward to seeing your poll evidence to support the ludicrous claim that Trump won.

18 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

General Melchett Quotes - The Best of General Melchett | Blackadder quotes,  Blackadder, British tv comedies

At least Jools is consistent. But I suspect he'll disappear for good come January. 

Wonder what new character will appear in his place? 

46 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Reliable polls show that Biden won the debate

'Reliable polls' 😀 showed Hillary winning her first debate...

50 minutes ago, Jools said:

Trumpski has the Latino vote 👍  👉  https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/presidential-debate-winner-trump-telemundo-b721268.html

Lefty Independent playing it down 🤥🤠

God you're so dumb. It wasn't the Independent playing it down, it was the host of the TV program who played it down:

"...anchor Felicidad Aveleyra warns in Spanish, “This isn’t a scientific poll."

No indeed! it was a phone in/twitter poll, nothing like a properly constructed survey of opinion. And you somehow forget to mention the properly constructed poll mentioned in the same article a few lines down:

"In general, Biden retains a decisive lead among Latinos, with 62 percent supporting him over Trump, according to a mid-September the Wall Street Journal/NBC/Telemundo poll."

How thick do you have to be to link to an article which demonstrates the very opposite of what you are claiming. It's like shooting fish in a barrel with you and Swindon

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

God you're so dumb. It wasn't the Independent playing it down, it was the host of the TV program who played it down:

"...anchor Felicidad Aveleyra warns in Spanish, “This isn’t a scientific poll."

No indeed! it was a phone in/twitter poll, nothing like a properly constructed survey of opinion. And you somehow forget to mention the properly constructed poll mentioned in the same article a few lines down:

"In general, Biden retains a decisive lead among Latinos, with 62 percent supporting him over Trump, according to a mid-September the Wall Street Journal/NBC/Telemundo poll."

How thick do you have to be to link to an article which demonstrates the very opposite of what you are claiming. It's like shooting fish in a barrel with you and Swindon

Are you kidding me? Like in the last election against Hillary, Trumpski has bagged the Latino vote -- They love him, especially the Mexicans -- They wanna see that wall completed 👍