PurpleCanary

The Never-President Trump

Him and his whole family are nothing but sewer rats. Rats are pests, and the pest control officer should be called in without delay.

On Twitter in April 2012, Mr Trump wrote: "@BarackObama who wants to raise all our taxes, only pays 20.5% on $790k salary. Do as I say not as I do."

It came after the Los Angeles Times reported that Obama’s tax rate was slightly lower than average for people in his tier due to $172,130 in charitable donations that year.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Then, in an attempt to deflect attention with a manufactured controversy, the president tweeted about the debate: “Joe Biden just announced that he will not agree to a Drug Test. Gee, I wonder why?”

There is no evidence that Biden is taking drugs.

Kate Bedingfield, Biden’s deputy campaign manager, has responded to such claims in unusually blunt terms by stating: “Vice President Biden intends to deliver his debate answers in words. If the president thinks his best case is made in urine he can have at it. We’d expect nothing less from Donald Trump, who pissed away the chance to protect the lives of 200K Americans when he didn’t make a plan to stop Covid-19.”

Its going to be a cracker of a debate that's for sure. Looks like Covid 19 will be the backdrop.

History suggests little favours for Presidents in the middle of health crises. 

13 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Wouldn't it be funny if it was revealed that Trump's loans were from Russia.

Well if you were to Back Biden now you'd get 4/5 on Betfair (1.78 or thereabouts) and if the debate goes well for him you could cash out with a neat profit. Probably best though to lay the favourite for now.

2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Wouldn't it be funny if it was revealed that Trump's loans were from Russia.

I know that you know this already 🙂 but of course they are....   many of his recent loans came via Deutsche Bank, a bank that is notorious for shady deals and laundering Russian money, whom Germany, US and UK have fined hundreds of millions of E, $, £.

https://www.dw.com/en/deutsche-banks-5-biggest-scandals/a-46510219

https://www.dw.com/en/deutsche-bank-fined-425-million-over-suspicious-russia-trades/a-37343153

Trump has never said a bad word about Putin.... and although he denies it himself, Michael Cohen said he was negotiating for a Trump Tower in Moscow during the last election, and his sons have publicly said this : 

Russia 33.jpg

Edited by Surfer

Fox News viewers are going to get a major surprise tomorrow night when a very lucid Biden wipes the floor with a sniffing, addled Donald.

The RWNJ’s set themselves up for a huge fall with these attacks on Joe, who is known to have a stutter. People can forgive Joe for that, but Don being revealed as a con man and tax cheat, no way....

Edited by Surfer

10 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

Drain the swamp.

Lock him up.

Seems apt.

Knowing that the RWNJs can only deal with three word soundbites. 

Trump is broke

Deep in debt

Dirty old man. 

• Like 1

Trump vs Biden

Trump                       Biden

Racist                        Sleepy

Homophobe              Sleepy

Misogynist                 Sleepy

Liar                            Sleepy

Tax dodger               Sleepy

Incompetent             Sleepy

Election fiddler         Sleepy

Honestly, if the US electorate still chooses Trump this time you might as well give up on humanity.

I'll add this insight from one of American friends last night. Pretty good (local) summary. 

There are "believers," and there are "non-believers."  It is my personal estimate that the voting population is made up of about 25% of the former and 25% of the latter.

The "believers" are undeterred and they won't care.  They see it as a campaign against him and they just don't believe any of it to be true.

The "non-believers" all assume the absolute worst of Mr. Trump.  Even if an allegation is unproven, these types of folks look at his past life and performance and think, "I can see him doing it."

The 50% of the people separating the two groups are the ones that are getting pillaried by all this news.  Four years ago, a not-too-insignificant portion of these people "held their noses and voted for Trump," for no other reason than he wasn't Hillary Clinton.  There seems to be a similar battle going on this year, but it may be that Biden is the lesser of the two distasteful choices for this group.

7 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Yes there is a sickness in America, and it needs a leader with competence and empathy to help it heal.

Another example - this man was once respected for leadership in NYC around 9-11. What happened? 

https://twitter.com/revrrlewis/status/1310904556574986240

Yes - I don't want to sound too dramatic but unless we can get politics both here and in the US back onto factual, rational and not 'populist' gutter childish tribal rantings - and return to arguments about pragmatic policy - then I fear we will see the rapid end of the values we hold dear and a descent into the abyss and irrelevance. Only winners are the authoritarian regimes such as Putin and China. Rubles well spent. Job done. The values of the 'West' will have to pass to others to uphold - Germany, Canada, Japan and the like.

• Like 4

This ^ 

Not to be too religious, but it's the valuation of money over morality that must be re-balanced Something has gone very badly wrong in that regard in our two Anglo-centric countries. It's fixable if we want to, but it will take leadership, and the press / media must be part of the solution, and not exacerbate the problem.

"For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world but loses his soul"?

Just now, A Load of Squit said:

"What you're about to see is a montage" = Stuff edited together that does not reflect the truth just like all the other cr@p we've tried.

You clicked on a Jools link for website called Bitchute?? You're braver than me. 😀

• Haha 1

I wonder if they will ask about this in the debate tonight Hospitalized Brad Parscale 'is under investigation for stealing up to $40million from Trump's campaign and $10million from the RNC ....... https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8782463/Brad-Parscale-investigation-stealing-40M-Trumps-2020-campaign.html.   A guy deeply involved with Cambridge Analytica and vote suppression in 2106

Despite what some might think when I occasionally post on this thread, I'm no fan of Trump but I do think everyone should be given some slack when it's deserved. Yes I know he may well be some / most / all of the multitude of things you call him but at least in this clip he comes across as almost Presidential. Mind you the guy on his left seems to be trying not to laugh throughout! Just a pity that he can't show this type of decent behavior all the time.      

Having already accused Joe Biden of juicing, being fed the questions in advance and taking answers from a teleprompter, the president’s favorite media allies are now claiming the Democratic challenger has refused to have his ears inspected for hidden transmitters ahead of tonight’s debate.

I guess desperate times call for desperate measures .... Georgia shouldn't even be close, let alone have Biden and two Democratic candidates for Senate in the lead. 

Georgia.jpg

Clinton.jpg

Edited by Surfer

Biden and Harris publish their tax returns just before the TV showdown.

I wonder what the Orange one will have to say? Its a Marxist thing to do? Fake returns? 

On 28/09/2020 at 13:18, Herman said:

SEVENTY THOUSAND DOLLARS ON HIS HAIR!!! 

Don't forget Herman, pet food is very expensive these days. Then there's the vets fees, kennels, and the extensive training to make it sit there on his hideous head. 

Edited by horsefly
missing word

On 28/09/2020 at 17:41, Jools said:

I'm not going to laugh, it's not funny --- I know all about dementia sufferers.

Yes you certainly do! It's eminently clear from all your posts that you have intimate first-hand experience of dementia.