PurpleCanary

The Never-President Trump

And the President just lost the Congressional subpoenas case also by 7-2. The SC said the President can not refuse to respond to subpoenas that have a specific investigative purpose. Again, they "upheld the law" but still effectively pushed the issue beyond the November election..... by sending the case back to the lower court so that the President can attempt to narrow his objections to the subpoena. 

Mazars.jpg

Edited by Surfer

I guess the letting off the hook before the election was a compromise the 3 conservative judges chose.

Its up to the Democrats to now label him like Tricky Dicky and hammer him about non disclosure. 

2 hours ago, Surfer said:

The right wing fake outrage machine has been working to smear senior Democratic Party representative for decades. 

John Kerry was a traitor to America in the Vietnam war.

Hillary Clinton sold the USA's strategic Uranium reserve to Russia

Barak Obama in an illegal President because he was not born in the USA

The latest "evidence" of "creepy Joe" was a shot of him kissing a little girls head......

..... it was his granddaughter at his son's funeral. 

That said, I agree with the comment that ad was a VERY poor one. Everyone knows who Trump is at this point, and many people hate that behavior, but a troubling number still think it's "funny" and he's "owning the libs"

The trick is to tell people how it affects THEM. The Lincoln Project team know how to cut those ads for sure. 

I disagree with the fact that it's a poor ad but I would agree that it isn't the right target because, as you say, they already knew he's a disgusting human and they're not bothered. So better targetting. Ask the people if they are any better off, if their jobs are coming back etc.

22 minutes ago, Herman said:

Ask the people if they are any better off, if their jobs are coming back etc.

Absolutely, which is why the "Reagan" ad hits home like a missile. Every Republican knows that speech by heart. 

Edited by Surfer
  • Like 1

And to celebrate a really bad day, the President's team rolls out this "advert" ? 

Shame there's nothing positive, no accomplishments, no vision to talk about isn't it?

I wonder how long before Boris's team sinks to this level of childishness?

It is his bank records that will be the most damning, as I doubt many will be surprised if he is found not to have been so diligent in paying tax as his supporters

"Trump’s dealings in property are incredibly murky and there have always been whisperings that he has been propped up in the past with money from Russia.   And being indebted to one of the US’s main geopolitical rivals would obviously pose a serious conflict of interest for the president.

These whisperings have been given further weight by the fact that the only bank that was willing to lend Trump money after he became bankrupt was Deutsche Bank, which was fined $630 million in 2017 for Russian money laundering.''

A good summary of things so far can be read here

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/donald-trump-tax-returns-supreme-court_uk_5f073201c5b67a80bc042d92?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAAidun2yS4R-A4s-u8oWVmaO92bpnNShmu44YvUTzq4NdauLaUuGDqnzYviu4acU1SFBb3NdhA0QQG2wRpdxqv2jCGhgAyaUe_43g2fcdCnO95vc5RzrfGF4g8Rx_wXdojfWO_fZ_IiZlSsXbYN64juS9kGuPSTCjklr-8kct8Yi

Spot on Bill. And this is why the theme I keep hammering on is “to whom do they  (DT / BJ) owe their alliegence”?  From that question flows all the subsidiary ones - why appoint that person into that role? Why follow that policy? Who will benefit from all of this? 

In the US, the path forward is clear, sue to block the President actions until November and vote him and all his enablers out.... for the UK the Labour Party, press and public have to ramp up their pressure around corruption and the role of Cummings - and get the damn Russia report published - whatever it actually says, there can be no trust in the government until we know. 

Excellent News: Roger Stone is now a free man 👍

Sentenced to prison by a Democrat inquiry based on a UK produced dossier, which this week was said to be full of inaccuracies, when the UK Judge awarded innocent Russians damages...

Wait long enough and the truth always comes out 👌

6 hours ago, Jools said:

We all know which side of the "truth" you sit Jools. 

Personally I'll take my guidance from a Senator who has been at the Republican Party candidate for President. 

No matter what your kind say, what your kind do, Tuesday Nov 3rd is still coming and justice will be done. 

Romney.jpg

Edited by Surfer

9 hours ago, Jools said:

Sentenced to prison by a Democrat inquiry based on a UK produced dossier, which this week was said to be full of inaccuracies, when the UK Judge awarded innocent Russians damages...

Wait long enough and the truth always comes out 👌

Attaboy Jools. Even that lapdog Barr admitted the prosecution and the verdict were justified, only ever arguing about the length of the sentence. I don't normally waste my time rebutting your nonsense, but I found I had 30 seconds to spare.

• Like 1

Nice to see that Mueller has jumped in and said that the slimeball Stone is still a convicted criminal in his piece in the Washington post.

Excellent News: Roger Stone is now a free man 

Wait long enough and the truth always comes out 

What would you know about it? A liar commuting a liar. You are just using the report to try and rattle a few cages. You and your party are history and unimportant. You have fcuked up this country enough and now you have been found out. 

The pubs are open again. Get back to telling jokes at the bar.

The Lincoln Project -  DT: "did you know Lincoln was a Republican, people are surprised to hear that" - are really building up a head of steam. After their early success they are attracting significant funding and pouring petrol on the fire they started to fry his re-election campaign. Once again reference to a well known former Republican president - this will be a continuing theme in their messaging going forward I'm sure.

And now a second group - Republicans Voters against Trump that have joined in..... both of these group are run by well known Republicans .... it's good to see key people on the right still prepared to put the well-being of the country first. As Churchill reportedly said "the Americans will always do the right thing - after they've exhausted all the alternatives", or as Reagan said "It's morning again in America". Green shoots of renewal.

Edited by Surfer

Wow.... Texas. Yes ruby red republican Texas. Cornyn leading in his re-election bid, but the margin smaller than the undecideds, Democrats favorite for state elections, and Donald Trump trailing Joe Biden. 

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/public-health/2020/07/12/joe-biden-builds-lead-over-donald-trump-in-reliably-red-texas-as-voters-sour-on-handling-of-virus/

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/20200712_TX.pdf

Texas.jpg

Edited by Surfer

Even Don Lemon use to have a grain of sense   👇

God knows what happened, but he's now living up to his surname.

These Republicans at the Lincoln Project are on fire! But even at the rate they are turning ads out this administration and its enablers in the States and Senate keep on creating new material to illustrate.

Edited by Surfer

I'm not sure how much effect these ads are having alone, but the latest polls put the Democrats taking a hundred plus majority in the lower house with a suggestion that they could grab the senate as well

Trump is on a continuous slide

Fat boy  =  failure

Trump is not one of the political elite and is a chancer. Will the Republicans really allow this slide to continue? Will they want to lose both houses?

He is out of control and surely even the most politically devious must see the harm he is doing. 

the latest poll on Trump has his approval rating nose diving

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/?ex_cid=rrpromo

"WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump’s erratic performance in office and his deteriorating standing in the polls is posing a grave threat to his party’s Senate majority, imperilling incumbents in crucial swing states and undermining Republican prospects in one of the few states they had hoped to gain a seat, according to a new poll of registered voters by The New York Times and Siena College."

https://www.chicagotribune.com/election-2020/ct-nw-nyt-new-york-times-poll-us-senate-races-20200625-p6efqsnnlrfxrdouyykxxldhyy-story.html

As KG say, will the Rep Party stand by and watch long standing senators lose their seats, as well as control over the senate ?

The Republican political calculus’s is quite simple and cynical. If they hold the Senate majority they can block everything a new President and House want to accomplish.

Create chaos for two years and blame the Democrats for that and hope to gain a House majority in two years time. It’s what they did to Obama.

If they lose their Senate majority the next goal is to retain 41 seats as it means the traditional threshold of 60% affirmative votes for any legislation other than budget reconciliation is needed - again this gives them veto power. 

This is why McConnell is warning Democrats to protect the integrity of Senate procedures - an unbelievably hypocritical statement, but nothing we would be surprised about at this stage - I.e. he’s trying to get Democrats to promise not to change the Senate rules at the start of the next session to simple majority for all legislation. 

So adding to a House majority is nice for Democrats, but beyond the Presidency, the two important targets are establishing a majority in the Senate, and regaining seats in the State elections, as it is those legislators that create the Congressional districts that creates the distorted representations in the House via the gerrymandering of Congressional boundaries. 

Another reason Republican candidates for Senate are in trouble is their CoronaVirus response. It’s not just the President who is acting as if the virus is not real, several of the Republican governors continue to botch their State’s response, and Republican Senators are saying nothing publicly about the twin crisis of healthcare and jobs Coronavirus has caused. So expect their numbers to get even worse once the adverts reminding voters that these Senators have done nothing, said nothing, start to air in September. 

As important as appointing conservative judges are to right leaning independents and all Republican voters, if grandma dies, dad loses his job or Jimmy can’t go to school then they won’t get cast their vote for someone who could have helped but didn’t. 

Edited by Surfer

There is a thought that many US voters split their votes so as to ensure (hope) that no party has absolute control

However I think in this election Trump is so toxic that a lot of Republicans will hold their nose and vote Democrat, or simply not vote at all.

Whereas the other side seems to be people saying how they voted Obama, skipped Hilary but will definitely vote this time to remove Trump.

And that is going to be the message - get rid of Trump