PurpleCanary

The Never-President Trump

3 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

The stupidity in this is beyond incredible 

😟 

“People were telling us to ‘go home’ and that’s where we were, on our sacred home lands. It shows how the american education system white-washes history and ignores the amount of injustice, genocide, and inequality that this country was built on,” Laura Ten Fingers (Oglala Sioux Tribe), one of the organizers, told Native News Online.

(Note. Laura is not a binner.)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

The stupidity in this is beyond incredible 

😟 

There is not a scriptwriter in the world who could write the plot for the fvcking dotard.

• Like 1

gladly puts up the phony suppression polls as soon as they come out. We are leading in the REAL polls because people are sick & tired of watching the Democrat run cities, in all cases, falling apart. Also, now 96% Approval Rating in the Republican Party. Another 2016!

He is running out of media to support him. Whats is left? Nickolodeon?

Replying to and
mister president sir, 96% of human beings can't wait to read Mary Trump's book and out why she and everyone else in Fred Jr's family loathes you. actually, I already know why but I'm going to read it anyway #ad

XfpaB_XE?format=jpg&name=small

16 hours ago, Herman said:

“People were telling us to ‘go home’ and that’s where we were, on our sacred home lands. It shows how the american education system white-washes history and ignores the amount of injustice, genocide, and inequality that this country was built on,” Laura Ten Fingers (Oglala Sioux Tribe), one of the organizers, told Native News Online.

(Note. Laura is not a binner.)

No, as she would most likely be called Laura Twelve Fingers 😋

It's coming from Republicans who now want to distance themselves from this nut job - whereas previously they were happy to ride to power on the back of his lies and bigotry....... much as with Johnson over here.

• Like 1

Why does the Lamestream Fake News Media REFUSE to say that China Virus deaths are down 39%, and that we now have the lowest Fatality (Mortality) Rate in the World. They just can’t stand that we are doing so well for our Country!

Medic!!!!

Political analyst saying not to write him off. He is 4-5 points off the 46% he got last time. And the College system they have is Republican tilted. So he is still in with a shout.

His niece's book won't harm him as his supporters can't read.

Never write him or the GOP off as he, and they, are more bent than a butchers hook. My birthday is on November the 3rd which is election day in the USA.  The best wish I can make is Moscow Mitch, Devil Nunes, and Gym the peado protector Jordan and the rest of the trash get dumped. It goes without saying that I want the biggest threat to the world to get absolutely annihilated.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SHRIMPER said:

You need more than 'vote for Joe Biden because he's a nice man'

That's not enough of an argument to win you the Presidency 

So far the only argument for Biden has been he's not Trump, and now, he's a nice man. I think you are going to need more than that 

2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Political analyst saying not to write him off. He is 4-5 points off the 46% he got last time. And the College system they have is Republican tilted. So he is still in with a shout.

His niece's book won't harm him as his supporters can't read.

Which means he is around 10% short, which is a huge amount as far as elections go. And it is in states with large numbers of representatives.....Florida and Texas, where his lead continues to slide,

if both fall to Biden, and nothing else changes the result would be Biden 300, Trump 230 (approx).

In 2016  Texas gave Trump 53% against 42% - its now marginally Trump

"          Florida gave Trump 49% against 47% - it's now level

Short of 4 months to go, there seems little that suggests a Trump can not only stop the slide, but turn it round.

Trump, Fox News and now the Republican Party leadership leaning into Confederate mythology and promises to prevent violence in the streets, v Biden and the Democratic Party messaging equality under the law and access to affordable healthcare.

Lincoln Project and Republicans against Trump reflect the civil war within the Republican Party, those ads are not for general consumption, they are targeted at traditional Republican voters - hence the reference to Reagan. 

Think of those as a form of vote suppression, a partial counter to the physical vote suppression that happens in most Republican led states - that takes forms like closing polling stations, not allowing mail in votes in a pandemic etc. 

It’s claimed at every election the country is at a crossroads, but this time it really is....

I think some Lincoln stuff is more aimed at telling Republicans not to vote republican this time.

Stay at home, as Trump will do too much damage to 'real Republican 'values'.

still, this should amuse (those who enjoy laughing at righties)

https://www.indy100.com/article/trump-confederate-flag-black-lives-matter-protest-video-9607696

Edited by Bill

Poor old Trump. He bullies states, apart from the lick **** Florida, to open so that the jobs figures can rise again. Still doesn't look like a good graph does it O Orange One.

that graph looks like a computer image of Trump from the site

7 hours ago, Bill said:

I think some Lincoln stuff is more aimed at telling Republicans not to vote republican this time.

Stay at home, as Trump will do too much damage to 'real Republican 'values'.

The Never Trump Republicans at The Lincoln Project are now after Trump's enablers too... 

8 hours ago, Surfer said:

Trump, Fox News and now the Republican Party leadership leaning into Confederate mythology and promises to prevent violence in the streets, v Biden and the Democratic Party messaging equality under the law and access to affordable healthcare.

Lincoln Project and Republicans against Trump reflect the civil war within the Republican Party, those ads are not for general consumption, they are targeted at traditional Republican voters - hence the reference to Reagan. 

Think of those as a form of vote suppression, a partial counter to the physical vote suppression that happens in most Republican led states - that takes forms like closing polling stations, not allowing mail in votes in a pandemic etc. 

It’s claimed at every election the country is at a crossroads, but this time it really is....

It is the most important US presidential election since I started taking an interest, and that goes back to 1960. Even if the Democrats took over the Senate another four years of Trump would be unspeakable.

13 minutes ago, Herman said:

This does actually creep you out. Another good ad.

i think that could have been done so much better

Not playing on his 'creepiness' but is he the sort of person to trust with your daughters welfare, ..... is he looking out for the interests of American women.. or hos interests (with him leering at some woman

play on the lack of trust - not his Benny Hill style antics

close with..... would you want this man as your doctor ?

1 hour ago, Herman said:

This does actually creep you out. Another good ad.

Of course, the creepy Joe Biden videos have been circulating for years. It's not a good platform on which to campaign for either side. 

Even with his faults, Biden is probably our best chance for the world superpower to stop becoming a fascist, or worse, state. A normalcy may resume once trump is gone and he needs to be gone. 

Reading Purple's post about taking an interest, I suppose I started to take notice during the Kennedy years as well. And despite Nixon and Watergate, I do not think there has ever been such controversy involving a US President on a daily basis.

Today we might get a Supreme Court ruling on his tax returns. Some district courts have said they should be made public but this would be a clincher. The Conservatives are 5-4 on the bench but this isn't really a political decision. Its just a matter of not following the normal protocol of a sitting POTUS.

Of course there will be delays by his accountants even if they rule against him. 

3 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

Of course, the creepy Joe Biden videos have been circulating for years. It's not a good platform on which to campaign for either side. 

The right wing fake outrage machine has been working to smear senior Democratic Party representative for decades. 

John Kerry was a traitor to America in the Vietnam war.

Hillary Clinton sold the USA's strategic Uranium reserve to Russia

Barak Obama in an illegal President because he was not born in the USA

The latest "evidence" of "creepy Joe" was a shot of him kissing a little girls head......

..... it was his granddaughter at his son's funeral. 

That said, I agree with the comment that ad was a VERY poor one. Everyone knows who Trump is at this point, and many people hate that behavior, but a troubling number still think it's "funny" and he's "owning the libs"

The trick is to tell people how it affects THEM. The Lincoln Project team know how to cut those ads for sure. 

Edited by Surfer

2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Today we might get a Supreme Court ruling on his tax returns. Some district courts have said they should be made public but this would be a clincher. The Conservatives are 5-4 on the bench but this isn't really a political decision. Its just a matter of not following the normal protocol of a sitting POTUS.

Of course there will be delays by his accountants even if they rule against him. 

I am sure Attorney General Barr will come up with some new approach if the Supreme Court rules against him.

Only today we find out the President has fallen behind (again) with his required public disclosure document.  

Trump Finances.jpg

Edited by Surfer

Well the President just lost the New York tax return case by 7-2. The SC said the President can challenge subpoenas that relate specifically to the office of the President, but he doesn't have a blanket immunity to subpoenas just because he is the President.

So at first glance that means the accountants must turn over his tax returns to the New York grand jury. However they have sent the case back to the lower court so that the President can attempt to narrow his objections to the subpoena. 

They may have found the compromise that "upheld the law" and still effectively pushed the issue beyond the November election.....

Vance.jpg