PurpleCanary

The Never-President Trump

Ok one I do not support Trump

Show me where I said that.

Two I was pointing out that the Democrats are dancing to his tune.

Three you were ranting, as usual

Four, you just called me a racist when I said absolutely nothing racist.

I think you may believe you are more intelligent than you actually are, it's not a nice trait, you should do something about it

6 minutes ago, Bagster said:

Ok one I do not support Trump

Show me where I said that.

Two I was pointing out that the Democrats are dancing to his tune.

Three you were ranting, as usual

Four, you just called me a racist when I said absolutely nothing racist.

I think you may believe you are more intelligent than you actually are, it's not a nice trait, you should do something about it

Think you need a definition of the word ranting - my rants are far more intense than generic discussion.... you've said enough in the past to build up a picture of you being a racist (no, I haven't saved your posts, and no I have no interest of trawling through the forum to find them, that's just the impression I have of you as a poster, built up over a period of time - same as the image you seem to have that I'm "hate-filled"). Regardless of if you support Trump or not - you have still used the same video we have been discussing, to make the same fundamentally flawed point we were discussing, using the same lack of critical analysis we were discussing.

Edited by kick it off

I was pointing out that democrats are playing Trump's game, you called me a stupid racist!!!

You wouldn't find any posts of me supporting Trump because there haven't been any

As for being a racist, the reality is laughable.

I called you hate filled because you are, you just don't realise it

And yes your apology would be accepted, if your man enough to issue it

Almost as much whataboutery as I'ver seen. I'll retract the racist bit - it's the impression I had, if that's incorrect, I'm happy to retract it... I'm not going to apologise or retract the stupid bit - I don't actually disagree with the Dems playing Trump's game, but I do disagree with using Trump propaganda complete with googly eyes and wizard hats to try and demonstrate a point as factual when it is clearly anything but factual. I also disagree that the impeachment is against the will of the American people, which is the implication of the propaganda you posted and the point you seem to be trying to make. The pollling clearly points an upward trend in the opposite direction and him falling in the 2020 polls too - Qunnipac's latest poll has every one of the runners and riders in the Dem primaries beating Trump by 5+%, as do SurveyUSA in their latest polling ..... Monmouth polls have it as 54% nationally against a second term.... 

Edited by kick it off

I just did a search for Trump supporters, that's all.

Its just playing into his narrative was the point I was trying to make.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Edit the last Brexit poll showed a  10 point remain win

Edited by Bagster

51 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Almost as much whataboutery as I'ver seen. I'll retract the racist bit - it's the impression I had, if that's incorrect, I'm happy to retract it... I'm not going to apologise or retract the stupid bit - I don't actually disagree with the Dems playing Trump's game, but I do disagree with using Trump propaganda complete with googly eyes and wizard hats to try and demonstrate a point as factual when it is clearly anything but factual. I also disagree that the impeachment is against the will of the American people, which is the implication of the propaganda you posted and the point you seem to be trying to make. The pollling clearly points an upward trend in the opposite direction and him falling in the 2020 polls too - Qunnipac's latest poll has every one of the runners and riders in the Dem primaries beating Trump by 5+%, as do SurveyUSA in their latest polling ..... Monmouth polls have it as 54% nationally against a second term.... 

I don't think Bagster is a racist. I do think after a bit of a gap from posting he is having great fun making up for lost time by indulging in mass-trollery aimed at winding posters up. He is a bit of a gadfly who will take up which ever oppositional view will be the most annoying.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2019 at 10:56, kick it off said:

All I can say is  bringing it on bcz there's going to be a lot of Democrat hollerin' after they get their **** whupped the way the slimey, limey did.

On 13/10/2019 at 22:34, Surfer said:

The US were there. They have been told to stand down, not fly air cover, and now pull the 1,000 troops out. Oh and now sending 1,800 to Saudi Arabia. This is nothing to do with the EU and you know it, it’s about US deliberately stabbing the Kurds in the back after they fought ISIS for us. The Kurds have been betrayed before and now have allied with Assad and de facto with Russia. Maybe that’s the outcome the President wanted, although he now says he didn’t, but we know he has a serial history of lying every day, and ISIS that he claimed he had defeated, is back.

And now this - another "win" delivered by the President to Erdogan: 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-50828179

The Trump administration has said it does not consider the mass killings of Armenians in 1915 to be a genocide, contradicting a unanimous vote by the US Senate.

Meanwhile - following the money:

Giuliani is broke; a very expensive divorce so he needs the money. What better then to be in bed with a client / associate paid $1m by Russian-oriented Ukrainian Dmytro Firtash? And a $1m that was trying to be hidden? 

https://www.npr.org/2019/10/19/771518776/what-oligarch-dmytro-firtash-has-to-do-with-the-ukraine-scandal

Lev Parnas, an associate of Rudy Giuliani, received a $1 million payment from Ukrainian oligarch Dmytro Firtash's lawyer (not Firtash himself), U.S. prosecutors said

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-giuliani-parnas-oligarch/associate-of-rudy-giuliani-received-1-million-payment-from-ukrainian-oligarchs-lawyer-prosecutor-idUSKBN1YL26B

And a reminder that Devin Nunes (Republican), the Ranking Member (minority leader) of the House Intelligence Committee was found to have been in telephone communications with the wife of Lev Parnas - wonder why? 

Edited by Surfer

Meanwhile - Senate Leader rejects call to have first hand knowledge witnesses testify in the upcoming Impeachment Trial that will happen in the Senate once the House approves Articles of Impeachment (scheduled for tomorrow unless there is a major issue) 

McConnell Rejects Calling Mulvaney, Bolton for Trump's Impeachment Trial

https://www.hudsonvalley360.com/news/national/mcconnell-rejects-calling-mulvaney-bolton-for-trump-s-impeachment-trial/article_5c946001-1257-5cbe-bced-b4f40ce4df1d.html

Latest Fox poll (yes the same organization as Fox News) on public sentiment on Impeachment - 

Impeachment 2.png

Edited by Surfer
  • Like 1

On 15/10/2019 at 08:02, keelansgrandad said:

Anyone who can remember Watergate and the lengths that had to be taken before Nixon finally gave in, will know that Trump will get away with this. And all the good ole boys will say good luck to him and he will get back in if Bernie Sanders is all the Democrats can offer.

Agreed on Sanders or Warren. A ticket that can win is Biden & Klobashar. There are really only 8 States up for grabs in a Presidential election and these two give the Democratic Party the best shot of winning the Electoral Votes from those States. Absolute vote counts for the candidates don't matter, Electoral Collage votes do. 

Meanwhile the President has written a personal letter to Nancy Pelosi about Impeachment - quite a fun read 

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Letter-from-President-Trump-final.pdf

On 17/12/2019 at 18:38, Surfer said:

And now this - another "win" delivered by the President to Erdogan: 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-50828179

The Trump administration has said it does not consider the mass killings of Armenians in 1915 to be a genocide, contradicting a unanimous vote by the US Senate.

"During a meeting in Washington last month, Mr Trump said he was a "big fan" of Mr Erdogan, ignoring widespread criticism over the Turkish president's poor human rights record.

At a time when Erdogan is coming under political pressure at home, having lost control of Istanbul, dispite attemts to fix the election and calling a rigged recount, the West should be supporting the secular population in an effort to prevent Turkey turning further away from the West. Public outbursts of support for Erdogan by Trump only helps to secure his position.

Trouble with Trump is, he thinks he is Einstein, Ralph Waldo Emerson and Christ all in one. Thing is he is more like Huey, Louie and Dewey.

And half the residents of the USA are so walled in to their own nation that they do not believe he has done anything wrong. 

I am positive the Republicans are embarrassed by him but "hey-what can you do?"

Interesting Q and A piece on BBC website this morning. Question asked "what would happen if trump was impeached and Pence took over" A, Pence could then make trump vice president, resign and then trump would become pres again. Nothing in US law to stop him.

Doubtful I know, but Stranger things have happened.

Interesting Q and A piece on BBC website this morning. Question asked "what would happen if trump was impeached and Pence took over" A, Pence could then make trump vice president, resign and then trump would become pres again. Nothing in US law to stop him.

Doubtful I know, but Stranger things have happened.

Sounds like more Russian collusion,. Putin and Medvedev. It is called Tandemocracy.

9 hours ago, Herman said:

Oh dear. How sad. Nevermind. 

He'll be aquitted...

Oh dear. How sad. Nevermind 🤠

3 minutes ago, Herman said:

No ****, Sherlock.🤨

And he'll be reelected to serve a second term 🤠😎

36 minutes ago, Jools said:

And he'll be reelected to serve a second term 🤠😎

This isnt without considerable political risk for the Democrats.

It's called doing the right thing, the thing that the US Constitution requires office holders to do. 

The media pundits may say that it's politically risky, but there is nothing so important as securing the elections from interference, and that security is clearly what the President set out to undermine.

My prediction is the Republicans will acquit the the President in the Senate, but in doing so they will lose the Presidential, Senate and House elections next November by significant majorities. People are getting fed up with the obvious corruption in this administration and by its enablers in the House and Senate. 

Edited by Surfer
  • Like 1

It's not just the "mainstream media" now writing editorials calling for his impeachment and removal. 

Even Evangelical supporters are starting to say the same thing. This is a very important development that could have an effect on Republican members in Congress if it spreads to multiple religious leaders. 

https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2019/december-web-only/trump-should-be-removed-from-office.html

" But the facts in this instance are unambiguous: The president of the United States attempted to use his political power to coerce a foreign leader to harass and discredit one of the president’s political opponents. That is not only a violation of the Constitution; more importantly, it is profoundly immoral.

The reason many are not shocked about this is that this president has dumbed down the idea of morality in his administration. He has hired and fired a number of people who are now convicted criminals. He himself has admitted to immoral actions in business and his relationship with women, about which he remains proud. His Twitter feed alone—with its habitual string of mischaracterizations, lies, and slanders—is a near perfect example of a human being who is morally lost and confused.

Trump’s evangelical supporters have pointed to his Supreme Court nominees, his defense of religious liberty, and his stewardship of the economy, among other things, as achievements that justify their support of the president. We believe the impeachment hearings have made it absolutely clear, in a way the Mueller investigation did not, that President Trump has abused his authority for personal gain and betrayed his constitutional oath. The impeachment hearings have illuminated the president’s moral deficiencies for all to see. This damages the institution of the presidency, damages the reputation of our country, and damages both the spirit and the future of our people. None of the president’s positives can balance the moral and political danger we face under a leader of such grossly immoral character. " 

Edited by Surfer
  • Thanks 1

The Trump family are banned from running a charity because they used funds raised for purposes other than what it was raised for.

One of the incidents was that they used a Veterans Charity event to raise money and then spent it on his Presidential campaign. This puts the Trump family on a par with low lifes who steal the collection tins from the Poppy appeal.

Stealing from charities is vile.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Surfer said:

It's called doing the right thing, the thing that the US Constitution requires office holders to do. 

The media pundits may say that it's politically risky, but there is nothing so important as securing the elections from interference, and that security is clearly what the President set out to undermine.

My prediction is the Republicans will acquit the the President in the Senate, but in doing so they will lose the Presidential, Senate and House elections next November by significant majorities. People are getting fed up with the obvious corruption in this administration and by its enablers in the House and Senate. 

Pelosi is no idiot (certainly smarter than Trump) and knew the political risk. But she had no choice. Not all mantras are true. But the ‘if you don’t impeach for this then nothing is impeachable,’ mantra is true. Trump took part in a conspiracy to subvert the 2020 election. The only question at issue is whether he instigated it or that was someone else (Giuliani?) and Trump eagerly came on board. I wish I could be as sure about your electoral predictions...