PurpleCanary

The Never-President Trump

On 27/11/2019 at 15:13, Surfer said:

We are waiting for the Inspector General's report on the origin of the FBI investigation of persons associated with Trump's campaign : i.e. Carter Page etc, but the leaks have begun and the President's accusations are (surprise) being debunked. Attorney General Barr (of "nothing to see here" in the Mueller report) is coming in for criticism which will likely grow when the report is officially released. 

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/11/bill-barr-advanced-a-made-up-conspiracy-theory-about-the-fbi-to-help-trump-ex-prosecutor/

Well it is out : 

The President says it contains bombshell accusations including an "attempted overthrow" 

And Attorney General Barr (of Mueller report fame) says he disagrees with the findings. 

“The Inspector General’s report now makes clear that the FBI launched an intrusive investigation of a U.S. presidential campaign on the thinnest of suspicions that, in my view, were insufficient to justify the steps taken.”

The Inspector General whose report it is says that there was no factual basis to the accusations of bias in launching the Russia probe. Who are you going to believe ... hint probably not either of the first two.

The full report itself is here - 

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/09/politics/inspector-general-justice-department-report-russia-fbi/index.html

Overthrow of Government.jpg

Edited by Surfer

Regarding this report - an interesting tid bit - Christopher Steele (of the Steele Dossier) - 

" said that he was 'favorably disposed' toward the Trump family - and not remotely biased against Trump - because of his relationship with (an) unidentified family member" 

ABC reports that this person is Ivanka Trump. Also reported; there was late breaking de-classification of material in the report by AG Barr which Steele was not given an opportunity to review - could it be this?

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/dossier-author-chris-steele-met-ivanka-trump-years/story?id=67597270

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/09/ivanka-trump-met-christopher-steele-years-before-russia-dossier.html

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a30173353/ivanka-trump-christopher-steele-inspector-general-report-trump-russia/

Don't you get tired of moaning?

I mean, isn't better to just accept he won and then vote him out with a massive democrat majority?

Or are you scared you don't have one

And right on cue Attorney General William Barr and Fox News Sean Hannity have re-started the conspiracy mongering. 

5 minutes ago, Bagster said:

I mean, isn't better to just accept he won and then vote him out with a massive democrat majority?

He won. It's what he has done since he won that has everyone concerned. Asking foreign governments to interfere in US elections is not something anyone should be condoning. Prohibition of this is at the heart of the US Constitution. Thank you for your question.  

Everyone is not concerned, you have never accepted defeat graciously.

It's not a good look

If Boris wins a good majority, I think you can expect the same for Trump.

TBF it's what you deserve

10 minutes ago, Bagster said:

It's not a good look

"Turning Point USA is an American conservative nonprofit organization. TPUSA's affiliated organizations include Turning Point News, the Turning Point Endowment, Turning Point Action, and Students for Trump."

Pro Trump TPUSA's propaganda doesn't shock me at all.

Funny thing, I wasn't trying to shock you!

You don't see it after 3 years

There is nothing I can do for you.

Read what I wrote.

Learn from Anthony Joshua, he's a good role model.

No excuses, you lost, move on, get better, come back and do what's necessary.

You lot just play Trump's game, he is the puppet master and boy are you lot dancing!

22 minutes ago, Bagster said:

Funny thing, I wasn't trying to shock you!

You don't see it after 3 years

There is nothing I can do for you.

Read what I wrote.

Learn from Anthony Joshua, he's a good role model.

No excuses, you lost, move on, get better, come back and do what's necessary.

You lot just play Trump's game, he is the puppet master and boy are you lot dancing!

You should concentrate on looking after yourself, it looks like you need it.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Bagster said:

He won but the Democrats do not accept he won. Just as in the UK, so many Remainers do not accept the Brexit referendum result. 

So they resort to lies, smears and all sorts of underhand tactics in order to overthrow the democratic result.

It's disgraceful behaviour and we have to hold them to account at every turn otherwise the whole democratic process will fail.

5 hours ago, TCCANARY said:

Poor Bagster, his day was going badly and then the stupid guy agrees with him. 😀

It's ok TC don't feel bad

I'm glad you agree with me 

6 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

He won but the Democrats do not accept he won. Just as in the UK, so many Remainers do not accept the Brexit referendum result. 

So they resort to lies, smears and all sorts of underhand tactics in order to overthrow the democratic result.

It's disgraceful behaviour and we have to hold them to account at every turn otherwise the whole democratic process will fail.

He won. There is a question of did he get external to US help to win (that is illegal) and he's done everything possible to obstruct the investigations into that question and his public statements lead to many questions about whether the next election will be fair. If it isn't a fair election your suggested "remedy" of voting him out won't work will it? 

Meanwhile, there are many other policy actions that reasonable people are upset about - from trade, taxation, environment. So yes many want him out of office, no President is a dictator that once he's elected can do anything he wants to do. Same for a PM.

21 hours ago, Bagster said:

It’s normally the way democracy works.

47 minutes ago, Van wink said:

It’s normally the way democracy works.

It's the continuing availability of normal democratic processes that this impeachment is all about. Do try and keep up.... and similar questions may become relevant in the UK in the near future unless everyone remains vigilant about the potential threats to it.   

25 minutes ago, Surfer said:

It's the continuing availability of normal democratic processes that this impeachment is all about. Do try and keep up.... and similar questions may become relevant in the UK in the near future unless everyone remains vigilant about the potential threats to it.   

Oh I get it now, we have a similar threat to Democracy here

It's  called Remainers 😉

1 hour ago, Surfer said:

He won. There is a question of did he get external to US help to win (that is illegal) and he's done everything possible to obstruct the investigations into that question and his public statements lead to many questions about whether the next election will be fair. If it isn't a fair election your suggested "remedy" of voting him out won't work will it? 

Meanwhile, there are many other policy actions that reasonable people are upset about - from trade, taxation, environment. So yes many want him out of office, no President is a dictator that once he's elected can do anything he wants to do. Same for a PM.

Ok so you've been doing this since he got elected, he has 11 months left, you're still doing it.

Just concentrate on your own game and vote him out

1 hour ago, Surfer said:

Bagster you are not listening are you? 

Meanwhile ... this is the state our politics has devolved to - it's almost certain the House will vote to approve two Articles of Impeachment, which will send these complaints to the Senate for a Trial (very similar to a Grand Jury votes to Indict someone, for which then they stand trial in front of a Judge and Jury) 

Senate Republicans are weighing a speedy impeachment trial that could include no witnesses for President Trump's legal team or for House Democrats.

Have you ever heard of a trial where the Foreman of the Jury says - "hey we don't want to hear any witness testimony'? 

" ....Republican senators, including Trump allies and members of leadership, appear reluctant to drag themselves through a drawn-out trial with messy procedural votes when the outcome appears pre-baked. “I think a protracted period where there are motions to call witnesses offered by both sides and lots of votes … is not going to be terribly popular with either side. I think there’s going to be a desire to wrap this up in at least somewhat of a timely way,” Sen John Thune (S.D.), the No. 2 Republican senator, told reporters. He added that while a final decision won’t be made until closer to the trial, “there’s going to be a lot of people who I think are going to say, ‘I don’t really want to drag this on.’” Sen Lindsey Graham, R-S.C.) asked about the possibility of a Senate trial where neither side got witnesses, replied: “I hope so. That’s what I like.”

Edited by Surfer

1 hour ago, Surfer said:

Meanwhile ... this is the state our politics has devolved to - it's almost certain the House will vote to approve two Articles of Impeachment, which will send these complaints to the Senate for a Trial (very similar to a Grand Jury votes to Indict someone, for which then they stand trial in front of a Judge and Jury) 

Senate Republicans are weighing a speedy impeachment trial that could include no witnesses for President Trump's legal team or for House Democrats.

Have you ever heard of a trial where the Foreman of the Jury says - "hey we don't want to hear any witness testimony'? 

" ....Republican senators, including Trump allies and members of leadership, appear reluctant to drag themselves through a drawn-out trial with messy procedural votes when the outcome appears pre-baked. “I think a protracted period where there are motions to call witnesses offered by both sides and lots of votes … is not going to be terribly popular with either side. I think there’s going to be a desire to wrap this up in at least somewhat of a timely way,” Sen John Thune (S.D.), the No. 2 Republican senator, told reporters. He added that while a final decision won’t be made until closer to the trial, “there’s going to be a lot of people who I think are going to say, ‘I don’t really want to drag this on.’” Sen Lindsey Graham, R-S.C.) asked about the possibility of a Senate trial where neither side got witnesses, replied: “I hope so. That’s what I like.”

Surfer. You, me and everybody else know that even if this gets as far as a senate trial, it will be thrown out by the majority vote.  It's just a charade and I believe it's being played out because there is not one person on the Democrat side with the necessary stature (and I really mean, the balls) to stand up to Trump and go toe-to-toe with him. They really come across as a bunch of cowards, hiding behind lawsuits and fake news instead of taking him on. Joe Biden, as the most senior and experienced Democrat, having been VP, would be a pile of mincemeat if he stood up to Trump. There is no one in that party with the ability and vision of a JFK.

I will agree that there is nobody in American politics to today with the vision of a JFK. See there is common ground. As for the fake news and charade, well that's not coming from the Democratic Party, you just have to open your eyes and ears to see the evidence of gaslighting that goes on every day from President Trump and the Republican Party. The Inspector General's report hearing today being a case in point, the Republicans are saying the exact opposite of what the IG himself is saying - so for who's benefit are they behaving that way? 

22 hours ago, Bagster said:

It's not a good look

I think the fact you are using a video from someone who tries to make political capital out of putting googly eyes on to politician's faces should be of the most concern. I know there is a target demographic for this kind of propagandist ****e but I would have thought even the lowest common denominators would be beyond googly eyes.If I were you, which fortunately I'm not, but if I were - I might look at this video and say to myself "Hmmm is someone who puts googly eyes on Democrat politicians a legitimate vehicle for discourse or an immature RWNJ?" I'd then make my decision as to whether to propagate their ideas. Apparently you lack the critical analysis skills requisite for that kind of decision making.

Don't be silly kio , I just did a quick search to show that what the democrats are doing is not working

They are playing into Trump's hands, they are playing his game.

And they are losing!!!!

So maybe it's you that lack the critical analysis skills requisite for that kind of decision making!!  ( Yes , that last paragraph really does sound that bad. Especially coming from someone with so much HATE in them,like you)

1 hour ago, Bagster said:

Don't be silly kio , I just did a quick search to show that what the democrats are doing is not working

They are playing into Trump's hands, they are playing his game.

And they are losing!!!!

So maybe it's you that lack the critical analysis skills requisite for that kind of decision making!!  ( Yes , that last paragraph really does sound that bad. Especially coming from someone with so much HATE in them,like you)

I only wrote one paragraph so the word "last" draws scrutiny to your abilities in basic numeracy too, as you don't appear able to count to one.

I find it amusing that a racist would call anyone else hate filled but each to their own, If you can't count and find googly eyes a convincing argument then I doubt irony will be in your wheelhouse.

You did a "quick search" and landed on a Trump propaganda vehicle that you were too dim (or didn't care) to realise was Trump propaganda so tried to portray it as a convincing argument. Undaunted by the ridiculousness of trying to purvey political discourse through the use of somebody who uses googly eyes to make a clearly biased point that they can find 15 people in a state of nearly 40 million that don't think Trump should be impeached? One of the guys they chose was wearing a ****ing zebra print wizard hat, no shirt and what appears to be a silken camo scarf.... but still it didn't raise any red flags for you and still you're doubling down on this?

Like I said, lowest common denominator propaganda.

Edited by kick it off

I was just trying to point out to you that your tactics were not working.

Rant all you like, you hate filled p...k!!

8 minutes ago, Bagster said:

I was just trying to point out to you that your tactics were not working.

Rant all you like, you hate filled p...k!!

I'm not ranting, merely pointing out that clearly you don't have the intellect to engage in any kind of sophisticated debate, as you've just proven. You're a racist, supporting a racist and all you have is googly eyes and insults when your arguments are dismantled.... The worrying thing is you're so enthralled by that propaganda nonsense, you actually feel it is a convincing piece of footage.

You and zebra wizard are definitely cut from the same cloth.

Edited by kick it off