PurpleCanary

The Never-President Trump

“Michigan Democratic Rep. Brenda Lawrence, a prominent supporter of Kamala Harris who has previously supported the impeachment inquiry into President Trump, abruptly announced Sunday that she no longer saw any ‘value’ in the process and called for her fellow Democrats to throw their support behind a symbolic censure resolution,” reports Fox News.

yet another Democrat backs away from Impeachment. They know the game is up. We know the game is up. It was only ever a game. 

You know the difference between the Democrats and the Republicans? Democrats reflect the country, have a wide range of opinions, and vote accordingly. She is one vote. Republicans are financed by a limited number of extremely rich people and never break rank, never consider fact from fiction, and at this rate are moving to an idol like worship of a golden calf. The President posted this today: 

Trump.jpg

• Haha 1

Meanwhile some supporters are selling this anti-semitic BS - not only is the impeachment being driven by Jews, we need arms to protect Christians from being slaughtered. How f**cked up is that? And yes they still have Press credentials at the White House. 

Jews.jpg

This guy needs somebody to fire a warning shot through his head.

No Jews, No Muslims, hardly any Blacks apart from sporting icons. Is this country really the most powerful on earth? I think I prefer the Chinese to become number one.

Meanwhile - the reasons for holding up the aid to Ukraine are subject to political argument (although the evidence is overwhelming), the conclusion that doing so was illegal is not.

https://www.justsecurity.org/67489/trumps-hold-on-ukrainian-military-aid-was-illegal/

It is also now being reported that the President made his "no quid pro" comments after he was briefed on the whistleblower complaint by the White House lawyer.... hummm.

Breaking via NYT: Trump had already been briefed on the whistleblower complaint about his dealings with Ukraine when he unfroze military aid for the country in September, according to two people familiar with the matter.

Edited by Surfer

We are waiting for the Inspector General's report on the origin of the FBI investigation of persons associated with Trump's campaign : i.e. Carter Page etc, but the leaks have begun and the President's accusations are (surprise) being debunked. Attorney General Barr (of "nothing to see here" in the Mueller report) is coming in for criticism which will likely grow when the report is officially released. 

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/11/bill-barr-advanced-a-made-up-conspiracy-theory-about-the-fbi-to-help-trump-ex-prosecutor/

Beyond the deadly serious issues, there are also the hilarious ...

At a Florida rally, President Trump vows to defend Americans from a war on Thanksgiving that does not exist.

So Trump really thinks he can persuade the Chinese Government, in the midst of a change from the barbaric Mao regime, to alter its stance because he legislates in favour of protesters.

Try protesting at a Trump rally.

Except of course President Trump was in Afghanistan serving lunch to US troops at the time. 

Massive fail! FAKE NEWS!

Look at the date and then when Trump was in Afghanistan.

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

Except of course President Trump was in Afghanistan serving lunch to US troops at the time. 

Massive fail! FAKE NEWS!

Jools and RTB from one of your favourites, the Daily Fail;

"The president left Florida Wednesday night and flew to Joint Base Andrews and, from there, on to Afghanistan in a trip that was unannounced for security reasons. 

He spent just over three and a half hours on the ground in his first visit to Afghanistan."

Wednesday was the 27th.

Thursday was the 28th.

https://youtu.be/MMiKyfd6hA0

19 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

What bit didn't you understand Jools? Guido can't help you there?

You cannot expect Brexiters to be accurate about something as specific and here and now as a date when they haven’t yet realised it is no longer the 19th century...

You cannot expect Brexiters to be accurate about something as specific and here and now as a date when they haven’t yet realised it is no longer the 19th century...

Hoping to return the Whigs to power

Nobody really cared until you brought it up and gave us dates that proved you were wrong. Weirdo.

What's are the odds Trump starts slanging off Sadiq Khan before he even lands? Odds-on I reckon. I do hope Labour have game played out the responses when this gift happens.

Edited by Yellow Fever

build that wall....Arrest that woman...Jail that woman... get Brexit done.... trust the people....

the similaritiesw of three letter slogans could not be closer as the annointed, nearly impeached one lands in Blighty to remind us that any trade deal ios a total trade deal and that Jer3emy Corbyn is a really bad man, I mean really really bad.

Two days after the Labour manifesto, saying that they would recognise Palestine from day one, some stumped up zionist religous prop turns up the BBC's volume and crows about AS. you could not make the timing up.

next thing the Pan-EuropeanJ Jewish organisation sends a letter of thanks and support to Jeremy Corbyn and the Labour party.

https://skwawkbox.org/2019/11/27/pan-european-jewish-organisation-sends-letter-of-support-to-corbyn/?fbclid=IwAR0RbxwF_F63r30RuW1cSWgzw5mxPVepMNQ2cUaYmRzGoTWLcaHHXTLZMWg

The next day, after threats to himself and his family, rabbi Mayer-Weinberger goes to the police....https://skwawkbox.org/2019/11/28/rabbi-goes-to-police-following-personal-and-family-threats-for-issuing-pro-corbyn-letter/?fbclid=IwAR3ehGDKaD9RNHKXEAl8wqku7F-FiGWaZN93FAaQTk918KqLJKYQQl0kf_8

And not one word of it in the national press or the BBC which usually falls over itself to report Jewish organisations.

South Norfolk, parety canvasser fro Labour driven at with a car. Norwich, again a woman was pushed over a bonnet. Rother valley, the BBC's vox pop capital of Yorkshire, a man walking with a stick and canvassing fro Labour, physically attacked and had his jaw broken, man charged with GBH. A backlash from the public thanks to the BBC pumping out slogans and rightwing messages in  support of the Tories.

Why did the BBC not have the decency to interview this victim of political violence?

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/crime/labour-supporter-72-attacked-doorstep-while-canvassing-rotherham-1324173?fbclid=IwAR0gVfZgHqcQJ32x9i_FdrdQKdonGyQIuYkt2QmxZnSdyhTr_eEHJ_-kmPE

Don't get me wrong. I HAVE NO VOTE as I am not serving any royals with oath or want to partake in this nationalistic feast to become a subject, whilst being charged for the so called privilege.

On 01/12/2019 at 00:31, Rock The Boat said:

Suck it up suckers. Your fake news will be found out and the truth revealed

rexit newsweek.JPG

Mate, just find a picture of Trump on Google and have a w ank. You need to get him out of your system.

Meanwhile, after a month of whining that the President could not send a lawyer to represent him in the Impeachment Inquiry; now that the next phase is starting and the President has been explicitly invited to attend or to send a lawyer, he has declined. 

So it's clear that he and his Republican supporters have no interested in participating in this lawful process defined in the US Constitution. No surprise there. But what is more than pathetic is the mainstream US media is allowing them to get away with this as if it were perfectly normal behavior and Congress is being unreasonable in holding him to account for his actions 

Edited by Surfer

Meanwhile the Republicans are winding up their "see no evil, hear no evil" defense: i.e they don't have one; so they will throw up all sorts of deluded "process" and "misdirection" arguments.

" In their impeachment defense of President Trump, House Republicans will argue that his decision to withhold military aid from Ukraine was based on “valid” concerns and not politics, a conclusion that's at odds with sworn testimony from the inquiry"

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/02/us/politics/republican-impeachment-defense.html?smtyp=cur&smid=tw-nytimes

On 05/11/2019 at 13:47, Surfer said:

Where I think this is going is :

The Democrat majority House will Impeach the President over the use of taxpayer money to the Presidents personal benefit. 

The Republican majority Senate will refuse to convict him, as the acknowledged transaction was "not an impeachable offense" 

The 2020 election will be fought over corruption and election integrity, the Democrats will paint the Republicans as being O.K with foreign and domestic interference in elections, and the whole system - registration and de-registration, voter identification, campaign financial disclosures, voting times, days, tallies and vote verification - needs to be updated and practices like gerrymandering outlawed. The Republicans will paint the Democrats as being communists and hypocrites and say they do exactly the same thing... 

My opinion is unchanged since I wrote this Herman. 

My worry is we are heading to a binary outcome; either a keeping an elected representative democracy or enabling a de-facto one party state. And as the UK seems to be tracking an election cycle behind the US, this is my fear for the UK too. The role of the media cannot be under stated, they either normalize the daily lying to the public, or perform proper investigation and speak truth to power. 

• Thanks 1

Meanwhile, the President has asked the Supreme Court to shield his tax returns from Congress. This will be an indicator of whether we have an independent Judiciary that Congress can rely on to help provide the checks and balances the Constitution envisaged.

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump asked the Supreme Court on Thursday to void a subpoena from the House of Representatives that seeks the president’s financial records from his accounting firm. The justices already have shielded the documents from being turned over while they consider whether to hear Trump’s case and his separate appeal of a court order that requires the same accounting firm, Mazars USA, to give his tax returns to the Manhattan District Attorney. The court could say as early as mid-December whether it will hear and decide the cases by the end of June. Yet another case involving House subpoenas for Trump’s records from New York banks also is headed for the Supreme Court, and the justices are likely to prevent the handover of any documents for the time being.

https://apnews.com/06dec345b86b1098b2eceb6de30471a3?utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=AP_Politics