PurpleCanary

The Never-President Trump

This thread is the place to discuss anything to do with the above-mentioned. I am starting it because posters have been clogging up the Brexit thread with points for and against. Rightly or wrongly the Brexit thread started on the football section, but has justifiably stayed there because it is plainly relevant to posters. Trump will no doubt delight and appal over the next four years, in many ways. So post about it here, rather than taking the Brexit thread off track.

Edited by PurpleCanary

The yanks sing about "god blessing America". Well now they should be singing "god help America" Since he got in the nuclear clock has been moved even closer to midnight.

I''m hoping for impeachment or he justs get fed up with it and jack it in. However America could elect such a heap of garbage is beyond words. I sincerly hope nothing sinister happens to him as things should only change by the ballot box and not the bullet. But in La La land anything can happen.

It was relevant to Brexit Purple, as it was people desperately voting for change and then choosing the worst option. I''m sorry Yankee, I''ve always liked you as a fellow poster, but I feel that you have got this terribly wrong.

Whoever owns the Mar E Lago estate must be making a fortune out os the US taxpayer. Big free publicity too having the great and the good staying there every weekend.

[quote user="Herman"]It was relevant to Brexit Purple, as it was people desperately voting for change and then choosing the worst option. I''m sorry Yankee, I''ve always liked you as a fellow poster, but I feel that you have got this terribly wrong.[/quote]It was, Herman. However future posts may well not be, hence my suggestion that people should use this thread. The argument for that actually works either way. If there are multiple non-Brexit Trump posts during the next four years then a separate thread makes perfect sense. And if there are only a few then they will get lost in what is likely to be a continually expanding Brexit thread.|There have been two truly significant long-term political decisions by the British people in my lifetime. One was to vote to stay in the European Union. The other was to vote to leave. Discussion on the rights and wrongs of that latter choice is hardly going to cease over the next two years and beyond.

Michael Flynn resigned. Such a huge deal made by Trump, out of Clinton''s private email server, and how she couldn''t be trusted with national security.... Within 24 days; Trump''s senior national security advisor has to resign due to talking about sanctions with Russia with the Russian ambassador during the election campaign, then publicly lying about it, and privately lying to Mike Pence about it, meaning that not only was he then a target for Russian blackmail, but also that the Vice-President started publicly and embarrassingly lying about it on his behalf.

Trump has watched to many Rambo films. Hiring an ex soldier with the nickname "Mad Mike" was pure Hollywood. I look forward to the next revelation with glee.

[quote user="SHRIMPER"]Trump has watched to many Rambo films. Hiring an ex soldier with the nickname "Mad Mike" was pure Hollywood. I look forward to the next revelation with glee.[/quote]
and replaced him with a Vietnam veteran named Kellogg. A cereal killer.
I''ll get my coat.

Did you ever see or hear such a rambling, shambling, press conference in your life. The cretin does not have diplomatic bone in his body. You are right herman ???????

The trouble is that the people that need to see through his utter nonsense, aren''t or don''t want to see through it.

The people in rust belt fell for his spiel hook line and sinker. Telling them that he would open up the steel works and get America building again. This from a man that buys all his steel for his construction firms from China. His hotels are kitted out with tat from all four corners of the world. Still believe he will not go full term.

[quote user="Herman"]I''m giving him months more than years. This craziness can''t carry on for long.[/quote]I am not so sure all the craziness will carry on, Herman. At least in terms of actions as opposed to the rhetoric. There are already some small signs that on foreign policy (Russia, the Middle East) in particular he has listened to advice and (at least for the moment) shelved some of the more extreme positions taken during the campaign.

Another day, another ''crazy, racially motivated, loner gunman'' murdering people due to ideological beliefs. 
Of course, he''s definitely not a terrorist committing an act of terrorism, he''s white. White people are incapable of terrorism according to the media.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Herman"]I''m giving him months more than years. This craziness can''t carry on for long.[/quote]I am not so sure all the craziness will carry on, Herman. At least in terms of actions as opposed to the rhetoric. There are already some small signs that on foreign policy (Russia, the Middle East) in particular he has listened to advice and (at least for the moment) shelved some of the more extreme positions taken during the campaign.[/quote]Just as it starts to look normal, then they start ''banning'' the media (including Daily Mail??). This isn''t right.

All his shouting about fake news is just to keep the notion in front of his followers for when the dirt is really dug up on him, and it will be. Easy to say "Fake News."

Yes you''re more than likely right. I did read that the media being refused are the ones that are bringing up the Russian connection a lot. No coincidence surely.

All the despots of the twentieth century have gagged or shut down the press. A man of his ilk will have plenty of skeletons i''m sure. Sooner they are out of the cupboard the better.

Not trying, but has done with the bathroom facilities for transgender students in schools. If he could reverse the segregation laws he would.

Slowly, slowly catchee monkey.[url]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39136118[/url]

I am convinced that he (trump) will get his comeuppance via the Russian connection. The American fear of Russia goes back too far and too deep to be ignored. How greedy can he get? A president is not supposed to use his status to make money whilst in office. Since taking over the fees for joining  his golf clubs has doubled. The Florida club put up its fees from $100,000 to $200,000 overnight. Some have gone up even higher. The man has no shame.

It appears that the taping was done by the security agencies investigating his involvement with Russia. For someone trying to deflect away from himself he is not doing a very good job of it. I know from my time in the states that the yanks are absolutely paranoid about the reds and his involvement will do for him. To wind up a family member in the states many years ago I told her I was a communist. She was sitting beside me on a sofa and went across the room like a rocket to distance herself from me with a look on her face of pure terror. She is a republican but she would not tell me who she voted for. I think he was her man as she lives in upper New York state in an area that has some of its industries, and they believe his rubbish about opening factories and mills again. Funny really from a man who buys all his gear from India and China and many third world countries as cheap as he can get it.

I think this twitter comment sums it up;

5h5 hours ago

"Mr. President: If there was a wiretap at Trump Tower, that means a fed judge found probable cause of crime which means you are in deep shit."

The scary thing is that his followers, on twitter and the news at least, irrationally believe everything that he says and writes. A bit like Brexit, in that none seem to be willing to delve a little bit deeper to find out a modicum of truth. The fear I have is that Trump''s deliberate muddying of all the waters, stirring up his followers, will lead to carnage once this, as we believe it will, finally come to a head.

The common phrase at the moment is interesting times. Worrying times is more appropriate.

Sacking people that were investigating him and Murdoch''s empire. Way to go[Y]And I wonder if Assange''s fans doubt backing him?!