PurpleCanary

The Never-President Trump

Just now, horsefly said:

It shouldn't be underestimated what a result like this in deep-south Georgia could mean for US politics. There is hope!

A black man, and a Jewish man as the two senators

So fck you, righty bigots !

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, horsefly said:

What a fantastic job Trump has done on the campaign trail. For the Democrats, that is!

His 90 min rant in the state made not a jot of difference, as the result in that county is exactly the same as the election.

What I suspect now is that more will come out on the lines of his rent phone call trying to fix the vote

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

It shouldn't be underestimated what a result like this in deep-south Georgia could mean for US politics. There is hope!

I saw something this morning saying when Warnock was born the senators from Georgia were both segregationists, now you've got a black man in a senate seat.

Goes to show people do change.

4 minutes ago, king canary said:

I saw something this morning saying when Warnock was born the senators from Georgia were both segregationists, now you've got a black man in a senate seat.

Indeed! and it is such sweet irony that the Georgia run-off clauses were originally introduced to ensure that no black person could win an election there. Such a happy day!

17 minutes ago, king canary said:

more a case that attitudes die with the people who hold them

16 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Did he want to use Air Force One?

This is what he was met with last time he visited Scotland. I have not shoped it.

gUwvmKv.jpg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Indeed! and it is such sweet irony that the Georgia run-off clauses were originally introduced to ensure that no black person could win an election there. Such a happy day!

an interesting point, not too well known I suspect (not me I can add)

https://www.fastcompany.com/90590818/an-electoral-steroid-for-white-candidates-the-troubling-history-of-georgias-runoff-elections

but it is part of the 'rights' long opposition to lawful democracy.... from Shirley Porter in Westminster to the attempt to block Parliament from having a vote, to going so far as to close down Parliament.

Much as the Unionists in NI had been doing for decades. Manipulating the boundaries so as make certain of victory

My birthday was Nov 5th and the best present I wished for was the F.UCKING DOTARD to be gone. Yesterday was another milestone for me. Was sitting in the Colney centre having a really aggresive cycle of chemo. Feeling really sick but bouyed by the results coming in. Both seats are needed to make game set and match. Blue wave.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SHRIMPER said:

This is what he was met with last time he visited Scotland. I have not shoped it.

gUwvmKv.jpg

That is one of my all time favourites, and it still occasionally comes up in conversation. 

Just now, SHRIMPER said:

My birthday was Nov 5th and the best present I wished for was the F.UCKING DOTARD to be gone. Yesterday was another milestone for me. Was sitting in the Colney centre having a really aggresive cycle of chemo. Feeling really sick but bouyed by the results coming in. Both seats are needed to make game set and match. Blue wave.

Hope it's working out for you Shrimper

• Like 2

Fell asleep watching CNN and was thinking that the Republicans would probably win narrowly.

Woken up to see that Warnock is in and Ossoff is on the cusp of victory.

What a great start to the day!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Hope it's working out for you Shrimper

Same. Sorry to hear your struggles Shrimper. Hope you're ok

Edited by kick it off
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SHRIMPER said:

Good luck with it all Shrimper!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SHRIMPER said:

Best wishes for the chemo Shrimper. I'm told that the first week is bad, second rough but improving and third week much better in between. 

Enjoyed that photo (Janey Goody I beleive?). Have posted one of her videos on the main virus thread....she does these Sturgeon take offs and they may provide a smile or two (the accent is very Glaswegian). Janey doesn't care and just goes for it.

• Like 1

Today is political Insurrection Day, Republicans are going to very publicly disgrace their oaths and themselves with this farcical attempt at a “soft coup” 

It is also political Resurrection Day. The Democrats have wrestled control of the Senate from Grim Reaper McConnel’s grasp, which means he can’t block President-elect Biden’s nominees for Cabinet, or refuse to even vote on legislation. 

It does not portend a massive swing to the left, there may be street violence from Trump goons, but America can finally start to heal itself and for that I am truly grateful. UK, your turn next! 

Edited by Surfer
  • Like 7

Fantastic news out of Georgia. Let's hope it's the start of the tide turning against the nationalist, populist **** the Western world is currently twatting about with.

• Like 1

A pundit on CNN said yesterday that tRump was the GOPs Frankenstein. They built him up and are now facing the consequences. Sterling a Republican official in Georgie just said that the Dotard won the election for the Dems in the state runoffs. Very true.

There will be bad scenes in Washington later today for sure going by the rabble rousing I have just seen there. One speaker on the stage asked the crowd if they were willing to do anything that was needed to save america and trump..screams of yes rang out. Seems like a call for civil war to me.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Bill said:

North Korea ?

😂 Maybe, I'm sure his mate Kim Jong-un would be happy to have him, and there would be the added benefit for the rest of the world in having the idiot's Twitter feed cut off.

The beginning of his speech to the masses

We've done things that nobody ever even thought possible and that's part of the reason that many people don't like us - because we've done too much."

1 minute ago, Well b back said:

The beginning of his speech to the masses

We've done things that nobody ever even thought possible and that's part of the reason that many people don't like us - because we've done too much."

Surprised he used we instead of I.

He of course has divided his nation.

He has promoted violence to anyone who isn't far right.

He has built about 15 miles of wall that Mexico hasn't paid a peso for.

He has lost the senate.

He has allowed Putin to dominate the cold war.

Edited by keelansgrandad
  • Like 1

More breaking from Pence

Vice-President Pence says he cannot overturn election results

Vice-President Mike Pence has issued a statement saying he cannot overturn or reject Joe Biden's election win, despite ongoing pressure from Donald Trump. 

More coming on this shortly.

He managed to lose a re-election for a second term, lost the majority for his Party in the House and also lost the majority for his Party in the Senate all within a single 4 year term. A political land mine this one... be very careful where you step Republicans.