Sign in to follow this  
chicken

It does my nut in!

I could understand all of this anti Worthington vibe if it actually made any sense!

People could argue that relegation from the premiership was down to his tactics and playing players out of position. And in a way that is fair enough.

At the moment though we have a far stronger squad on paper than the team that got promoted.

The players that have survived since that campaign are:

Flem (squad player now), McVeigh, Huckerby, MacKenzie, Henderson, Drury, Shackell, Green and

People knew that a change was needed and risks needed to be taken - I think Worthington did well, supplementing his bargin buys like Safri with Ashton in the spring sales.

The fact of the matter is we simply have not had the quality in depth and suffered the risks for two seasons on the trot now.

The fact of the matter is we do miss MacKenzie - especially his pace and love of driving right at the opposition.

A first choice line up would look like this:

Green (GK)

Drury(LB), Shackell(LCB), Davnport/Doc(RCB), Collins/Louis-Jean(RB)

Marney(RW), Hughes(RCM), Safri(LCM), Huckerby(LW)

Ashton + MacKenzie

Bench From: JJ, Ryan Jarvis, McVeigh, Charlton, Brennan, Fleming and Ward.

At the moment from what I can tell Shackell, Drury, MacKenzie, Safri, Louis-Jean and possibly Collins are out injured from the first team. To add to that Fleming is supposedly recovering from a knock, Hughes is playing on with a slight knock and Marney is on his way back, not to mention Ashtons face!

The fact of the matter is injuries are again costing us.

And if anyone is to blame it is the players that are getting their chance to make a claim for a regular first team place and not gunning for it. McVeigh for example plaid well at the beggining of the season but has pettered out - we need his best week in week out not if and when he fancies it.

Look at the players that are playing well - Davenport, he is here to prove to Totenham that he is more than good enough for the Championship and worth a chance in the prem. Ashton, is attempting to uphold his record in this division and probably meant it when he said he wanted to help Norwich to promotion again this season.

Some of the other players need nothing more than to get their passion back which is hard when you are not winning. It certainly does not help the situation when the crowd blame the manager - it takes the pressure away from the team and allows them to think that they are safe what-ever.

People suggested that the summer would be the test of Worthington - to see if he could keep the good players and add to what we had.

I don''t think anyone could argue that any of the players brought in are not up to this standard. They have all proved their worth. Even the loan signings have been good.

I would also like to point out that unlike the premiership 7 points is nothing. And that is how many points we are off 6th spot.

People whinge about the manager and this player and that, I am going to whinge about the supposed 12th man - the fans if they continue to be rediculous!

Good post, agree with 99% of it.
Get behind the team (and that includes the manager)

[quote]I could understand all of this anti Worthington vibe if it actually made any sense! People could argue that relegation from the premiership was down to his tactics and playing players out of position...[/quote]

Nice post chicken.  Glad you took the time to write it.

Would you really pick Louis Jean over colin? If the squad is stronger then injuries are still no excuse for letting in 8 goals in the first 60 minutes of the last 3 games.

Good post chicken ad good to hear from you again - we can do with more of your reasoned posts.

However well you make your points I simply disagree wih you.

The team you propose has mainly been played, with the exception of just Drury and Safri.   That our performance without just those two on sat was so bad highlights the lack of quality in the squad.  

Leon on song is an asset - but to be honest his injury was a blessing as he, for whatever reson, was far worse than lisbie, jarvis or WLY has been up front this season.

Worthy built this squad and it simply is not good enough - a good 45 minutes only against Hull is not enough to paper over some thin cracks in this years performance nor the clear errors that were made last season.

OTBC

A good post Chicken but I disagree on some points.

"The fact of the matter is injuries are again costing us."
If (and I don''t believe it) injuries were a major factor in our relegation last season and are now costing us again, do we not have to ask the question of why (after witnessing the problem last year) did Worthy say he was "happy" with the size of our squad when it is smaller than last year?

"And if anyone is to blame it is the players that are getting their chance to make a claim for a regular first team place and not gunning for it. McVeigh for example plaid well at the beggining of the season but has pettered out - we need his best week in week out not if and when he fancies it."
It''s worth pointing out that in the last 3 games McVeigh has played, the team have pretty much bypassed him completely.  How is he supposed to play well if the ball is played long over his head?  His strength is in having the ball at his feet. 

I agree with a lot of what you are saying Chicken and some of mudslinging being directed at Worthy is more than unfair.  Some of it however, sticks quite firmly and SOME blame has to be laid firmly at Worthy''s door, he is the manager after all.  He was quite happy to take the plaudits at the end of the promotion season.

[quote]I could understand all of this anti Worthington vibe if it actually made any sense! People could argue that relegation from the premiership was down to his tactics and playing players out of position...[/quote]

good post i have been saying this all along.

To be honest I was airing my opinion because so many of those saying chuck worthy out have done since he was appointed - I should know I have been around the site for a while now.

The problem is that when we got to the play off finals they simply shut up but would not accept that they were wrong - they crawled out of the woodwork again the following season and then we swiftly slapped back into place when we one promotion.

I have no time for them because they have never had a positive word to say about the team and club under the new regime for as long as I can remember so cods wallop to them.

My real pont in my post is that people complain about Worthington and say that the team is rubbish.

The fact of the matter is the main core of the promotion team is still here.

Hughes is a far better all round player than Holt although Holt was a better tackler/defencive midfield player.

I would say that Safri and Hughes are possibly a better combination than Francis and Holt. Especially seeing how committed Francis was to this club.

Marney is probably the best wide man we have had at the club for a while, defenitely more solid than Rivers or Bently were which is important if you are playing Hux down the left.

I always admired Edworthy and thought he was quality but his pace was not up to the premiership and I think in Collins and Louis Jean we have better players.

It could be down to the team not jelling well but like I said on paper we have one of the best teams in the league.

If Worthy was to go it should be for the correct reasons and not for jibes and unsubstanciated slander. What a new manager would bring now would be a shake up which may or may not improve our season. Again we are not that far off the play-offs and I would be satisfied with a finnish somewhere inside the top six.

Many of us accepted that this league is tough - Preston and Derby, strong pre-season favourites for play-off spots are in a hardley better position than us.

So if you are going to have a moan please try and add some decent substance to it rather than point the finger at one person which is always easy but not accurate.

Chicken - be honest and answer me this.   Before the start of this season I believe that some of us were getting a little carried away believing that we would sweep all before us.   I was not of that opinion as I believe that this division is one of the hardest in the world to win - purely on the basis of the rewards on offer if you do succeed.  

That said, can you really say hand on heart that at the beginning of the season, you would accept the sort of performances that we have suffered so far?   Yes, I would be more than happy to be somewhere in the top six at the moment but my ambitions are far loftier than mere play off places.     We should by rights be beating the likes of QPR - and I''m sorry but that''s not arrogance - that''s based on the team we put out on the day.

Maybe it''s the players, maybe it''s the manager but one thing is for certain, in this division, with the squad we have (even given the injury situation) we could and SHOULD be doing so much better.

Where''s your ambition?

That''s just it Chicken - from 2001 to 2004 people like myself and Zip (and others) were with you, putting the numbskulls back in their place!!

But people can change their opinion, Chicken. I don''t want to be put in the bunch that slated Worthy from the start, as I did no such thing.

I stood by him all the way, until it became obvious to me that things have softened up beyond repair at "Fortress" Carrow. You may call that "fairweather", and that''s as maybe. But I had a bad feeling last year that the shape of the squad had suffered dramatically, and it isn''t being addressed. Along with the coaching issues, and the scouting issues.

That''s why I changed my mind. Maybe one day you will too.

But to slate everyone that is getting fed up with the crock of crap that we''re served on a bi-weekly basis, followed by buckets of garbled excuses and rhetoric? That''s just silly.

Good positive original post and replies,

I dont generally post much, but do like a good read but am fed up with the amount of negativity from certain members of the "Ive been a season ticket holder for ............."brigade. Yes we all know who you want out and your opinion is right but its getting so boring and depresses me just as much the poor performances on the pitch, we must have a posse of Jose Moriniho clones following the canaries! they always seem to know best, Look out for the trenchcoats on sat!

Yes worthy Frustrates me at times with his selections and tactics, but I really do want him to prove them wrong, and to certain extent myself included, but this team is not being helped to improve with the amount negativity some "fans" are generating at the mo, its starting to spread!

football is constantly evolving, Finances and contracts dictate at the moment, so lets support NCFC,l the players and Worthy.

I want a result as much you all do!

I only support two teams............Norwich and anyone playing ip%*$"h

wow chicken in defending worthy shocker. you still want to
come back after saturday and defend him. I think maybe were
getting at worthy because were bad, tactically naive, playing
with no confidence, no motivation, no flair, no anything.
your defening a guy with eleven wins in 54, spent more money than
any manager in club history, has in five years taken us
from 20th to 20th. seriously chicken you need to take a look
around at what''s on the pitch and let me know how you can
still defend. forget injuries or bad luck we are a bad football team bottom line.