Sign in to follow this  
LinkNR9

Hughes - Worthington, what were you thinking?

Can''t pass, can''t shoot, runs around like a headless chicken, and his lamentable attempt to imitate Safri''s ball control today led to their goal - but "he''s got a great work ethic"! He is one of the poorest players ever to pull on a Norwich shirt. Why on earth did we pay such silly money for someone who is a squad player at best?

When you finally depart, Worthington, please take the following useless or over-the-hill players with you - Hughes, Jarrett, Fleming, Charlton and Louis John. Memo to the new manager - unless Brennan, Colin and Ryan Jarvis start to produce a string of good performances, move them out! It''s no good having "promise" alone.         

Granted- but he is the second best option we have in the middle. I just feel for Safri who I feel is the best midfielder we have had since Ian Crook. I just hope we can hang on to him during the transfer window.

Thats a bit harsh. Hughes is the best club man at the club. At least he is thankful to the supporters. What on earth has louis jean done wrong he has on played 2 games?

" Hughes is the best club man at the club. At least he is thankful to the supporters. "

Really? Don''t you think AH''s over-conspicuous appreciation of the fans is not just a  cynical attempt by Hughesless to solicit their support (for him). His performances alone wouldn''t merit such adoration.

He''s a busy ball-winner but what''s the point in winning the ball only to give it back!!

possibly... David Neilsen remember used to pump his fists at the crowd as an excuse to avoid berating for a rubbish performance every week.....  the fans soon saw through him!

Also, Link, How can you say Louis Jean is past it based on just 2 matches???!!!???

and can someone, please, im begging u, tell me just what Colin has done wrong??? or is it the normal Norwich fan way of having to have a player to single out.. EG Henderson

jas

Best club man???  So Flems 10 year stay of loyalty counts for nothing?  Nor Greens 200+ games and point winning performances this year (remember those saves in the first half dozen games that meant we had 6 points instead of none?)  

Hughes has been here three months, claps a bit after a game (excellent PR and a genuine gesture I have no doubt) and is the best club man here?  Hmmm dont think so. 

I may have my doubts over Flem recently but he HAS been an excellent servant and model pro.

OBTC

Jas - I didn''t say Louis Jean was past it, but useless. The clue was in the fact that we swapped him for Gary Holt.