Sign in to follow this  
Herman

Oh Jeremy......

Is this the end of Top Gear? Or will the Beeb try and find a way of clearing their cash cow''s name?Although it is still watchable it has been getting stale for a while now, so maybe it''s time to knock it on the head...

Although Clarkson can be a very good journo as seen in his doc on the artic convoys some short while ago, I think his time is up. Three middle aged men acting like children do not do it for me any longer. I think that the cars do not seem to matter any more unless they are smashing them up. Just heard on the radio as I sit here typing that over a 100,000 people have signed a petition for him to be reinstated.

Andy Willman will easily find someone to take Clarkson''s place, he''s only one of the presenters, the content will still be the important part of the programme.

Well , he won''t starve. And underneath all the buffoonery , he is a very good presenter and maker of documentaries..on Brunel for example. Perhaps he should stick to that.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

Andy Willman will easily find someone to take Clarkson''s place, he''s only one of the presenters, the content will still be the important part of the programme.

[/quote]I get the feeling that he is the main ''attraction'' for a lot of people and the content is seondary. He will be hard to replace.

He''s kind of amusing until he insults your accent, region, birthplace, etc. As he seems to be slowly working his way through the whole world his band of supporters must be getting ever smaller.

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="TCCANARY"]

[/quote]

I get the feeling that he is the main ''attraction'' for a lot of people and the content is seondary. He will be hard to replace.
[/quote]

Those contrived ''races'' and foreign japes could be fronted by anyone, in a few weeks time it''ll be Jeremy who?

There was no point in dithering at all, another reflection that management within the BBC is questionable, in need for reform. Nothing much has changed since Saville got his caravan for ''privacy with his fans''.Clarkson will be snapped up for some other program, ITV are already doing the sums, I bet, but there was never any other decision possible, not after the police declared an interest. My guess is that he will come to an ''arrangement'' with his victim and life will go on.And Top gear will carry on. I would suggest to try it with guest presenters, not just one character, there are so many to choose from and, much more exciting, some are women, a welcome change that should be given equal consideration.

I see one of the names being bandied about as a possible presenter is Guy Martin. Cannot see it myself but I do follow his riding career, and like watching him in other things he has done also.

They could probably get that Amanda Knox in. She knows how to work in front of a camera[:|]