Sign in to follow this  
Shyster

This is by far the most cringeworthy interview of the election campaign so far:

Guess who? lol.

Nick Ferrari backed Bennett into a corner on her party’s plans to build half a million new social homes. She unable to quantify any of the costs behind the scheme — not helped the fact she had a ‘huge cold’:

Ferrari: Yes, but how much would that bring? The cost of 500,000 homes, let’s start with that. How much would that be?

Bennett: “Right, well, that’s, erm… you’ve got a total cost… erm… that we’re… that will be spelt out in our manifesto.

Ferrari: So you don’t know?

Bennett: No, well, err.

Ferrari: You don’t, ok. So you don’t know how much those homes are going to cost, but the way it’s going to be funded is mortgage relief from private landlords. How much is that worth?

Bennett: Right, well what we’re looking at with the figures here. Erm, what we need to do is actually… uh……… we’re looking at a total spend of £2.7… billion.

Ferrari: 500,000 homes, £2.7billion? What are they made of, plywood?

Bennett: Erm, basically what we’re talking about is 500,000 new homes and basically each one pound spent on this brings back £2.40…

Ferrari: Yes, but what is the total cost of 500,000 homes?

Bennett: [Long, long pause] Erm… it’s a cost of £60,000 per home.

Ferrari: £60,000 per home?

Bennett: Because what we’re talking about is, is the opportunity for…

Ferrari: That can’t include the land?

Bennett: Well, what we’re talking about is, what we want to see is the possibility of, um, of homes being built…

Ferrari: That’s not much more than a large conservatory, £60,000. So where’s the land, how are you going to pay for the land?

Bennett: [Even longer pause] Right, well, what we’re, what we’re looking at doing is, is… is basically *cough, cough, cough*

Ferrari: Are you alright?

Bennett: Yes, sorry, as you can probably hear, I have got a huge cold.

Ferrari: I’m terribly sorry to hear that.

Bennett: So, so what we need to do is, is social rental homes.

Ferrari: Right. Still don’t see how you’re going to get this… some at £60,000… you don’t actually know how much this is going to cost, do you?

Bennett: Uh, yes, we’ve got a fully-costed programme which we’ll be releasing, which will be released…

Ferrari: Shouldn’t you be aware of what that cost will be now?

Bennett: Uh, right, yes. So what we’re talking about is £6billion per year. So the current budget is £1.5billion a year.

Ferrari: £6billion? That will be attained by taking mortgage relief from private landlords? That’s £6billion-worth is it?

Bennett: And we’re also looking at investing… [long pause]. Yes, well, it’s… we’ve got the fully costed figures here.

Ferrari: You’ve said that on a couple of occasions. How much does mortgage relief from private landlords bring in then?

Bennett: [Long pause] *cough, cough* Basically, we’re talking about an overall saving of £4.5billion.

Ferrari: What? Mortgage relief is worth £4.5billion a year?

Bennett: And this is other saving as well, from private landlords as well, we’re looking at housing benefit reforms and what we also want to do is bring in caps on private tenants.

Ferrari: Yes, do you think you could have perhaps have ginned up on this a bit more Natalie Bennett?

Bennett: *cough, cough* Uh, I think that we’re talking about a whole range of…

Ferrari: No, you personally, do you think you might have ginned up a little, might you have read into this a little more in hindsight?

What are you trying to do MM? My links work on 4 different pcs using 4 different browsers. Are they not working for you?

[quote user="SHRIMPER"]What are you trying to do MM? My links work on 4 different pcs using 4 different browsers. Are they not working for you?[/quote]

Ah.....the hyperlink on a ChromeBook does not work in quite the same way as a windows computer , which is why in the first post the " http:// " was not included in the link. I would recommend Chromebooks by the way , they are very fast and much more secure and virus proof than a windows computer. The OS updates automatically in the background and are surprisingly cheap. You can''t run any windows stuff obviously.

Bloody hell, that is excruciating. Just shows she''s not really a politician. I wonder if this will lead to people doing more tactical voting (for either Labour or Conservative).

You really are a thicko Shyster. You stated that the Bennett fiasco was the most cringeworthy interview of the election campaign so far. I am saying it is not, but that the EDL, BNP, BRITAIN FIRST, spokesman Farage under the guise of UKIP, and his sickening members are far more cringeworthy. Or is that too cerebral for you boy?

Oh dear, here we go again - one is a right wing, jackbooted, fascist if you try to present perfectly legitimate, arguments against unlimited, unchecked immigration from some of the most culturally conservative regions of the planet.

If defending freedom of speech and Western liberal democratic values is now to be deemed ''far right'', then so be it, Shrimpy - it''s more a comment on the state of the modern British left, which appears to have deserted the defense of our own traditions in support of a happy-clappy, zero offence, multi-cultural Utopia - where all values are equal, except for those that are more equal.

There are so many contradictions and hypocrisies resulting from the shifting allegiances within the left''s victim index, I don''t think they know what they stand for any more.

They know what they are against, though - just watch where, and on whom, they place their derogatory labels.

Isn''t that right, Shrimpy?

Furthermore, Shrimpy, I know so called Far right, people who are gay or Bi Sexual - what far right, means in reality, and in 99% of cases, is someone who is nationalist, but in all the correct ways. Defending the way of life in the UK and indeed most Western countries is also by default defending true democracy and freedom.

Too stick up for ones own population and culture, in your own country, does NOT, mean you hate anyone else, or wont work with other countries etc, for the betterment of everyone. Look at where leftist policies have got us. Most far right people simply want to feel safe in our own countries, if Islam is making us feel jumpy and with good cause, perhaps the followers of that religion need to look inward, and stop blaming others for their intolerant beliefs.

Come on, Shrimpy - let''s see if you can opine without the usual disingenuous, bigoted and racist attitude toward the indigenous peoples of the West.

yet you''re ready to throw the ''lefty'' slogan about at will....

Also you''ve said, just recently that immigrants are at the root of all our financial problems.

You really are a sicko boy Shyster. Shyster is is very very apt for a name for you though. Your ramblings for that is what they are, are a straight rip off from Marine Le Pen. I would not be suprised in the slightest if you have a pin up of Anders Behring breivik above your bed. 

Yeah but hey, I had a lot of terrorists trying to do that to me in Belfast in the early 70s without to much luck.

Thicko? Sicko?

Pull the thread ''Sportsdesk Pete'' - nobody is going to present me with worthy political discourse here.

Homes, do not need more homes we need less people. Easy answer, reverse the mass immigration of the last few decades but keep the people we need.

Clean air, easy answer, more nuclear.

Fair wages, less immigration means less competition for same number of jobs, result? Higher wages.

Equality, quite right too, stop treating our own people as second class citizens.

When Britain is one great big NI our resident oaf and chief apologist for mass immigration will have to find someone else to blame.

The old BR toilet cleaner is farting again. You have No idea what my thoughts on immigration are you numpty, as I have never voiced them.

[quote user="Shyster"]Thicko? Sicko?

Pull the thread ''Sportsdesk Pete'' - nobody is going to present me with worthy political discourse here.[/quote]Perhaps he agrees with me and others on here you poltroon.

Never voiced your opinion on immigration? You call people names who would like to see immigration reduced, ???

Never been a toilet cleaner, I will leave that particular field of expertise in your hands.

"You call people names who would like to see immigration reduced, "

-----------

Do yo really think that''s the reason why people dislike Shyster?

SHRIMPER ~ "I had a lot of terrorists trying to do that to me in Belfast in the early 70s without to much luck."

Just spotted the above and sympathise with you emphatically, Shrimpy -- I know several chaps who returned from service in NI completely f*cked up and suffering with post-traumatic stress disorder and worse.

This perhaps explains your political beliefs, or rather lack of them.

Guess we''ll never be sure what miggins excuse is.

Shyster once again sailing away on the hot air of his party allegiance. How refreshing to see that Greens are normal and can''t function well with a cold. Natalie should have informed ''Heil Ferrari '' before the interview, the onus would have been on him to be understanding.Now to UKIP and its sole policy maker Nigel, a thoroughly lazy bloke who failed to do his job for Britain''s fisheries whilst an MEP in Europe, I expect that Al Murray will ensure he''s toast and will be slurping his beer from the sidelines, he deserves nothing less. UKIP has never had any other slogan than ''lets get out of the EU''. What they would do to access the EU market we owe almost 50% of our GDP to, has never been explained by them, they can''t satisfy farmers, or young people for that matter, of Nigels urgency to leave the EU, its a dead slogan, imho.Thanks for the links shrimper, we shall see on May 5th what an apathetic electorate, voting for self serving party politicians, in an unfair disproportional election system, can come up with.Good luck SNP and Greens I say.