Sign in to follow this  
JB

The good news thread.

[quote user="nevermind"]r[quote user="Herman "]Not really a good news thread is it. It''s more like an angrier version of Speakers Corner.[/quote]

Well, Herman, what do you expect when you come here? Do you want to hear of good news to all, discuss winners of come dancing, or is it the good news as perceived by the person who is writing a post here?For me, and many thousands of others, it is great news that Sweden has recognised the state of Palestine. I would argue that it is good news that they also renewed their rejection to join NATO to stay neutral.I acknowledge that this might be perceived different by others.

[/quote]No, my apologies. That is good news and a small step in the right direction for the Palestinian people. Next Somaliland hopefully.

I''m sure that this good news will leave the students here in the neocon power sphere gasping for a bit of foreign language course. Germany has today abolished all tuition fees leaving us with the most expensive universities around. Good news or what?http://crooksandliars.com/2014/10/germany-eliminates-tuition-while-americans

Finally after hearing so much of IS attrocities and how they are funded and trained, now we know who their leader Al Baghdadi really is, what a surprise this might be to some who thought that this was a genuine organisation or a construct.Now we know why Israel has no interest in fighting IS.His real name is Simon Elliott, or Elliott Shimon and he is of Jewish parentage.http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/562727/20140814/isis-zionist-plot-theory.htm#.VFedvGc2OV1

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="woostercanary"]Ricardo,

When you''re ready to predict the election outcome I''ll sponsor a PuPs bet.

William Hill''s current betting is:

10/11 no overall majority

15/8 Labour majority

10/3 Conservative majority

100/1 UKIP majority

500/1 Lib Dem majority[/quote]To anyone keen on a Labour overall majority I will happily lay you £50 at 2-1.Hurry because events change prices.[/quote]I''m pushing that price out to 11-4 now.Ed Millipede will never be Prime Minister.

Red Ed never to be prime minister? Who would have foreseen Clegg as deputy head?

[quote user="JB"]Red Ed never to be prime minister? Who would have foreseen Clegg as deputy head?[/quote]Anybody who forecast a NOM.Another one looks very much on the cards.

[quote user="Herman "]Do you actually believe this?[/quote]

Hmmm, has his last thoughts, yes Herman, it is very plausible and makes sense regards to Israel''s long term plans.Those who come back from fighting for IS should be given a free entry visa to Israel and sent there, because more and more IDF soldiers had enough of the Apartheid that''s dished out.my last point is the good newshttp://www.breakingthesilence.org.il/testimonies/database

The good news. Gamekeeper loses in court after poisoning marvellous birds of prey.Bad news. What an awful sentence. Hardly a deterrent. [url]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-29931463[/url]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="woostercanary"]Ricardo,

When you''re ready to predict the election outcome I''ll sponsor a PuPs bet.

William Hill''s current betting is:

10/11 no overall majority

15/8 Labour majority

10/3 Conservative majority

100/1 UKIP majority

500/1 Lib Dem majority[/quote]To anyone keen on a Labour overall majority I will happily lay you £50 at 2-1.Hurry because events change prices.[/quote]I''m pushing that price out to 11-4 now.Ed Millipede will never be Prime Minister.[/quote]Will he even be Labour leader by the time of the election?

Herman, regarding the gamekeeper and his sentence. In my neck of the woods a man kidnapped a women at knifepoint and made threats to kill her, thankfully she managed to escape. This man had twenty four convictions for violence and robbery plus aggravated burglary, he is only twenty six years old! I cannot remember the sentence handed out but he will be free in a few years and no doubt carry on his worthless foul life of crime. There is no proper justice in Britain in fact the do gooders will not be happy until we are all dragged into the cesspit. Incidentally I think the gamekeeper should have got six months as a deterrent.

The labour party does not exist, hasn`t done for donkeys years. The so called labour party should call itself `the traitors to the working classes party".

Not had a beer for a week, trying to stop drinking until Christmas, talk about bleedin` miserable.

Been off since the last weekend of September. It gets easier after a couple of weekends.Stick in there[Y]

[quote user="JB"]The labour party does not exist, hasn`t done for donkeys years. The so called labour party should call itself `the traitors to the working classes party".

Not had a beer for a week, trying to stop drinking until Christmas, talk about bleedin` miserable.[/quote]

well done JB, I''m on a Mon-Fri zero program, allowing myself something for the weekend. I find I sleep better and my weight is dropping. Pretence is a wonderful thing, a glass of water can be anything you like.Now to the good news, tomorrow is Friday......;)

Rarely visit Sainsbury`s but I like to knock up soups and casseroles from scratch and said supermarket has the best range of dried beans pulses etc so I stock up from time to time. Anyway just inside the entrance to the supermarket and literally the size of two or three sheds is a display of `spitfire` for just one pound a bottle. Along with `black sheep` this is in my opinion the very best ale you can buy other than hand pump. A pint {almost} of Kent`s finest for a quid, very tempting. From the best to the worst, I can`t be the only one who finds `john smiths` from the electric pump ghastly.

Rejoice, the man calling himself Abu Bakr Al Baghdadi, his real name being Elliott Shimon, will soon have to make a decision as to his wife and daughters future.http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/12/02/uk-mideast-crisis-lebanon-baghdadi-idUI''m not saying that Lebanon is going to apply an eye for an eye, a beheading for a beheading morals, but I will guess that representations will be made by western nations on behalf of Israel to keep her in good fettle, after all she is not making the decision to live on red bull and anger, its Baghdadis handlers. Its not her that is supporting IS, but Quatar and Saudi Arabia and the US/UK. IS has opened Syrias backdoor, were the UN failed our bombs are doing the damage.Or will her capture be used to threaten/pressure him to just concentrate his ire on to Assad''s forces, hmmm, lets see how we could possibly direct his venomous misguided criminals, after all, this has nothing to do with religion, his men drink, fornicate and take drugs.

Should really appear as a new thread called ''what a farce''Even better news, our venerable Ms. Dickson is looking for people who present their views as public comments during the election campaign, to say that if they do not like comments as they appear, they can''t be accused of censorship when they delete them. Its a sham and directed at cutting public comments out as much as possible, only allowing those selective few, most likely already chosen by Ms Dickson before she wrote the article today.http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/politics/we_want_you_to_join_our_election_team_1_3877399here is my comment to here, as yet to appear.''Why would we want to do this when the ''oh so open and balanced'' pages here give enough examples and feedback to potential voters? We will soon tell you what you are not talking about, such as the morale at councils up and down the country, public sector fraud, huge redundancy payments to public servants who are then employed some weeks later as ''consultants'' or are getting further lucrative jobs with other councils, off course their considerable pension plans kept intact. What ever would the EDP report on the failed promises of past, the always talked about reform/ abolishment of the house of Lords for example, the snuffling trougher''s  who get paid 300 squid for falling asleep and who revolt when offered cheap champagne for xmas. If the EDP keeps  their censors at bay during election time then there should not be any need for this. But I suspect that they already have a ''selective few in mind'' and sharp brains need not apply. They will be commenting humbly on what is deemed appropriate to comment on, that way we can''t scream censor, its a public comments default. Nice try, but, no thanks.''

Excellent news, let the healing begin. After more than a decade of hounding in the press and on TV, yesterdays revelations that torture and extraordinary rendition all over the world was widespread, and despite Jack Straws, as well as T. Bliars lies and denials tp the contrary , Craig Muray was vindicated as the first principled whistle blower who jeopardised a career in the foreign office by speaking out on torture.

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2014/12/senate-report-on-torture/He has been maligned by the FCO and all the straw men accusations levelled at him were false, came to nothing.Not Newsnight or Channel 4 have contacted him, so if you are wronged as an ambassador by the British state and media, not one of them has the decency to put it right, apologise or redeem themselves by talking about it. Craig contacted every news agency and outlet in the UK, nobody dares to touch it, now you know how much the rot has spread.Not to worry, Craig is very likely to be a candidate for the SNP in Scotland and once he is elected will be open to speak out under Parliamentary privileges, he will be able to ask Ms May why she imprisoned Moazzam Begg without evidence, an innocent man who was wrongly convicted all the time. And more, time is on his sideJust to remind you of liar Straws and Bliars utterances trying to deflect from the subject of torture.

“Jack Straw, 13/12/2005: “Unless we all start to believe in

conspiracy theories and that the officials are lying, that I am lying,

that behind this there is some kind of secret state which is in league

with some dark forces in the United States, and also let me say, we

believe that Secretary Rice is lying, there simply is no truth in the

claims that the United Kingdom has been involved in rendition full stop,

because we have not been, and so what on earth a judicial inquiry would

start to do I have no idea. I do not think it would be justified.””

“Tony Blair, 22/12/2005: “I have absolutely no evidence to suggest

that anything illegal has been happening here at all, and I am not going

to start ordering inquiries into this, that and the next thing, when I

have got no evidence to show whether this is right or not. And I

honestly, it is like all this stuff about camps in Europe or something, I

don’t know, I have never heard of such a thing, I can’t tell you

whether such a thing exists.””

This morning our stately paid public broadcasting outfit let Malcolm Rifkind speak on behalf od Craig Murray, they knew he would come up trumps in the end.This from today''s Mail on Sunday, love the picture of Blair and Straw in the dock, were they belong.http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2873063/Now-Blair-Straw-trial-torture-says-diplomat-fired-warned-Labour-Government-UK-collusion-abuse.html

Some genuine good news.[url]http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/dec/19/charitable-foundation-dolphin-square-new-era-estate-london[/url]

That is very good news, it shows how important collective action is. Well done to them, chuffed to bits. A big F U to large corporations, this needs to be a regular occurrence in this country and all over the western world if genuine change is to happen.

poor ol Nigel is being prompted by Camerons inaction, close to stifling the economy now, and sounds as if he''s his brother. There are 5000 refugees/ asylum seekers/immigrants in Calais.Germany is bracing itself for 400.000 this year, to make out that it has nothing to do with Britain is a big fat porky. off course it has, wars have consequences and I can''t see our special relationship working, when is the US taking their fare share of refugees?http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/germany-being-tested-by-huge-refugee-influx-a-1045560.html

A little twist in the narrative they forgot to tell us about. These ''islamist jihadist'' who behead people, rob banks, kidnap Yazidis and now have delivered the Kurds into the arms of Turkey''s (NATO) bombers, they are our best mates and partners.Their enemies all seem to be Muslims and their paymasters are banking within the City of London Corp.http://www.voltairenet.org/article187738.html

Its not just excellent news that ISIL soldiers can''t hold, for the first time since the Russians started their campaign, Friday prayers and are increasingly seeking refuge in Turkey, itys also excellent news that every Tom Dick and Harry can just violate Syria''s airspace.http://www.intifada-palestine.com/2015/10/air-duel-between-the-sukhoi-su-30-russian-sm-and-israeli-f-15/

I think Isreal has a slight bit more legitimacy to be in the area than Russia.

My good news is that people on here who have known me from the very first on-line forum the EDP came up with, know that I had my own tree felling business, and today an old friend that owns the same sort of business, got in touch, most enlightening. Thank you D. Yes and I have used the one and only account and name since the very outset.

Always great to meet up after a long time, isn''t it shrimps, I had a phone call out of the blue from some 15 years back, inviting me to a talk and debate near Cambridge on nanotechnology.I''m currently looking for some seasoned wood, but already have contacted someone in South Norfolk, his name begins with a D.Now to this website by an ex fraud investigator of the Met., he clearly explains why Osbornes policy on austerity is a shambles, why tax havens are not going to be reformed. Great blog to keep, maybe Ricardo should have a good read.http://rowans-blog.blogspot.co.uk/