Sign in to follow this  
nevermind, neoliberalism has had it

UN resolution 260/3

The UN resolution which decreed that Palestine should become a shared country. Does it pass the duck test?

Adopted by Resolution 260 (III) A of the United Nations General Assembly on 9 December 1948.

Article 1

The Contracting Parties confirm that genocide, whether committed in time

of peace or in time of war, is a crime under international law which

they undertake to prevent and to punish.

Article 2

In the present Convention, genocide means any of the following acts

committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national,

ethnical, racial or religious group, as such:

(a) Killing members of the group;

(b) Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group;

(c) Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life

calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part;

(d) Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group;

(e) Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.

You bet it does not!

I was asked to sponsor a student as part of UEA''s now key requirement to find funds, but decided to get my priorities right.

Should you feel like sponsoring some help, feel free

http://www.map-uk.org/

Hurray there is a ceasefire.....oh no there isn''t. 16.000 extra reservists, all armed to the teeth, should be enough to drive 1.8 million unarmed people into ther last corner and then into the Mediterranian, not that this would make any difference to our politicians here, they all seem to support this, nobody is talking sanctions...Hmmm.http://news.sky.com/story/1311150/fighting-in-gaza-two-hours-into-ceasefire

Hamas says that it has not captured a PoW yesterday, so he couild be laying in the rubble somewhere. Capturing soldiers in war is not ''barbaric'' as Obomber expressed in Israeli sanitised language.All the press that is reporting on this soldiers disappearnce will have to have it censored by the israeli military censoreship board, I''m sure that mr. Pickover will write a large column on the merits of press freedom and self control by the press itself, or bow his head and do as he''s told.http://www.commondreams.org/news/2014/08/01/israels-military-censors-demand-prior-review-nyts-gaza-reporting

Today news is out that that soldier Goldin has not been captured, may he rest in peace, but most likely obliterated in friendly fire. This has not stopped Israel, using this pre- cease fire incident, to withdraw from peace/cease fire talks in Cairo.Instead we get this sort of thinking, the ''Endloesung'' for Palestinians. A serious situation that can not be allowed to continue. This should not be patched up but sorted and the complicit silence of USUK politicians is all telling. Gaza has a right to defend itself and these soldiers yesterday sheltering in that tunnel, coming into contact with a tunnel searching team, had asmuch a right to defend itself than anyone has in a war situation.This was originally posted in the Times of Israel, but taken down. Still a screenshot exists and it says a lot about the public mindset of the zionists enteties that are ruining israels future.http://www.moonofalabama.org/2014/08/a-zionist-demanding-genocide-.html

Should I feel sorry for the state of our media, the amplified lies and false representation which marks this conflict? I don''t think so. But some very prominent people now believe that this incident was generated to create an overwhelming support for israels hard actions to come.All I can say is, to rule it out would be folly, because the insecurity underlining this refusal to talk peace at the table, is shining like a bright star above all.http://electronicintifada.net/blogs/ali-abunimah/did-israeli-army-deliberately-kill-its-own-captured-soldier-and-destroy-gaza

"Is anybody out there?

It feels like I''m talkin to myself

No one seems to know my struggle

And everything I come from

Can anybody hear me?

I guess I keep talkin to myself

It feels like I''m going insane

Am I the one who''s crazy?"

hearing voices again JG?  I don''t care much what you say, as its very little and mostly unsupported.An interview with a sociologist that speaks of a poll taken two years ago in which 40% of Israelis, ( not Bedouins, Israeli Arabs, Palestinians or other indigenous people who lived there for a long time) those who can run away from this hopeless rogue state, are contemplating doing so.http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/interview-with-sociologist-eva-illouz-about-gaza-and-israeli-society-a-984536.htmlBibi''s false action that led to the current ire in Gaza has not been amplified by Hermans favourite BBC service, now whyever not, its coming from the horses mouth, the investigating police chief of Jerusalem.http://www.dailydot.com/politics/israel-gaza-kidnap-false-inaccurate/

nevermind wrote the following post at 10/08/2014 8:09 PM:

"hearing voices again JG? I don''t care much what you say, as its very little and mostly unsupported."

Unsupported? My view on the Palestinian situation would probably be that of the majority in this country;

"It''s not our problem, they are always at each others'' throats, can''t they just sit down and work out a peaceful resolution?"

Whereas your solution, going by your post history, is only shared by the Extreme Left, Radical Muslims and those that think the wrong side won the Second World War.

"It''s not our problem, they are always at each others'' throats, can''t they just sit down and work out a peaceful resolution?"Well, it is our problem, depends on how far you''d like to step back, 1948 will do for me and the UN resolution is unequivical, its speaks of sharing and of mutuality.I want to see a solution and you can stick lables on me all day, solutions that are sustainable. Unless Gaza is able to trade and look after itself, i.e an end to the siege, the cycle of wars put upon people without much means to defend themselves will carry on.The middle east is being prepared for more war and as Isis is spreading its wings, NATO is being readied for the back door approach to Syria.Isis, not unlike the IRA and the red army faction of Baader Meinhof, robbed banks of 4 billion in Kurdistan, buying weapons and their Saudi/Quatari backers are only too happy to see them beat down on the infidels.http://journal-neo.org/2014/06/13/nato-s-terror-hordes-in-iraq-a-pretext-for-syria-invasion/

One of Britains most Independent journalist who was given a blog by the Guardian has been fired two weeks ago for daring to write about Gaza''s gas reserves of the coast, the real reason for Israel''s killing, harassment and incursions since they signed a cease fire.Israel is continuing to provoke and goad the Gaza population, first agreeing to a 20 mile fishing zone off their coast, then shooting at fishermen who dared to move beyond 6 miles.Dr. Nafeez was fired for no other reason than making facts know to us the Guardian could not possibly be associated with, due to its ownership being AXA.Johnathan Freedland, evasive comments and pathetic responses to Dr. Nafeez speak for themselves, but this piece from Johnathan Cooke in Israel is poignant to that it shows the Guardian has form.I have not picked up that paper for at least 5 years since I was banned for daring to link to Craig Murrays blog on the issue of torture abroad, about Jack Straw and David Milliband''s involvement in extraordinary rendition and torture of innocent people such as Moazzam Begg.I let you make your own mind uphttp://www.jonathan-cook.net/blog/2014-12-04/why-the-guardian-axed-nafeez-ahmeds-blog/here is the background to it and what ''General Freedland'' had to mutter in defence of the Guardians despicable actions.

Ahmed wrote this article in July this year exposing Israeli use of violence to control Gaza’s gas field.

“IDF’s Gaza assault is to control Palestinian gas, avert Israeli energy crisis”

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/earth-insight/2014/jul/09/israel-war-gaza-palestine-natural-gas-energy-crisis

Here’s his account of his subsequent Guardian contract termination:

“How I was censored by The Guardian for writing about Israel’s war for Gaza’s gas”

“After writing for The Guardian for over a year, my contract was

unilaterally terminated because I wrote a piece on Gaza that was beyond

the pale. In doing so, The Guardian breached the very editorial freedom

the paper was obligated to protect under my contract. I’m speaking out

because I believe it is in the public interest to know how a Pulitizer

Prize-winning newspaper which styles itself as the world’s leading

liberal voice, casually engaged in an act of censorship to shut down

coverage of issues that undermined Israel’s publicised rationale for

going to war.”

https://medium.com/@NafeezAhmed/palestine-is-not-an-environment-story-921d9167ddef

Here’s Freedland’s reply:

“@NafeezAhmed Your piece for Medium implies I was involved in the end

of your arrangement with the Guardian. I don’t wish to be rude, but I

had literally not heard of you or your work till seeing that Medium

piece, via Twitter, a few hours ago. (The Guardian environment website,

where you wrote, is edited separately from the Guardian’s Comment is

Free site, which I now oversee.) I had no idea you wrote for the

Guardian, no idea that arrangement had been terminated and not the

slightest knowledge of your piece on Gaza’s gas until a few hours ago.

What’s more, I was abroad – on vacation – on the days in July you

describe. To put it starkly, my involvement in your case was precisely

zero. I hope that as a matter of your own journalistic integrity, you’ll

want to alter the Medium piece to reflect these facts. Perhaps you’ll

also share this on Twitter as widely as you shared the Medium piece

yesterday.”

Here’s Ahmed’s reply to Freedland:

“Your reading of my Medium piece is incorrect. I am not implying that

you were involved in the end of my Guardian tenure. I have no clue

about that, and to be sure, I did not make any such claim. My Medium

piece has been amended to ensure that your response is mentioned in

full, and to clarify that I am not implying your specific involvement in

the termination of my contract – a matter about which I have no

knowledge thanks to the abrupt, unethical and unlawful way in which I

was dropped.

What I did do is speak to several journalists about my experience who

told me that it was not unprecedented, and mentioned you by name.

According to these journalists, including a former Guardian ed who has

spoken on the record, my experience of egregious Guardian censorship

over the Gaza gas story  – which I’m sad to see doesn’t seem to bother

you very much given your concerns about ‘journalistic integrity’ – has a

long and little-known context, suggesting that rather than my

experience being a mere bizarre and accidental aberration, it is part of

an entrenched, wider culture across the paper. These journalists who

spoke to me on condition of anonymity claim that you have played a key

role in fostering this culture, and that you have quashed legitimate

stories critical of Israel without meaningful journalistic

justification. I have merely relayed their allegations.”

Medialens discussion here: