Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Worst scenario - Ashton, Safri, Green leave, then what...

Ok, so lets look at the worst case scenario, these guys leave, but this should raise some cash.

We can at least look at a major rebuilding job a la Leeds who are doing it on a lot less money.

How would you do it?

Problem with that is that we''d get a combined total of 6 million at most?!

Ashton 4 - Hasn''t been spectacular this season

Green 1.5 - Hasn''t been above average this season

Safri 0.5 - Out of contract in the summer / No one wants a player who players in the Af Nations for 2 months

Leeds still must have a massive wage bill if you look look at the shear numbers they have been bringing to the club. I''d still prefer the team we have to the team they have.

Eddie Lewis was a cracking signing on a free from Preston for them IMO

The problem a1 is that the players you suggest could leave (add to this list Huckerby, Shackell & Charlton with Davenport not returning) will not raise anywhere near the cash they should be raising. How many clubs will fork out more than £1M for Green or Safri? Is Ashton going to be worth £5M plus? However, I agree that some players hould be sold and new blood brought in - sell Green (Ward is more than capable), Huckerby, Brennan and buy Davenport, Elliot (Hull - proper left winger), and a right winger (or play MLJ there). Etuhu for the middle & Kenny Lunt (far too expensive but they''re my choices)

Thing is - would anyone really want to come to this club at the moment?

maybe we the board do not spend the money and pay off some of the £22 million debt....

we then get relegated .....

more players leave....

attendances fall along with overall income.....

a la Swindon, Notts Forest, Barnsley, Bradford, Oldham, MK Dons(wimbledon) .....