Sign in to follow this  
mrs miggins

Favourite TV show?

They look fun, I think they played at Glastonbury a few years ago but I missed them as well.

Strange coincidence today that someone in norwich was playing Needles and Pins which they covered.

Going to get stuck into Smiley''s People on BBC4. Also, to look on the other perspective, Angry, White and Proud is a documentary worth catching up with on C4.

Smiley''s People is good. A bit dated in the picture quality but other than that it portrays the time well. Easier to follow than Tinker, but still complex. Reminds you how good an actor Sir Alec is as well. If you like House of Cards, The Wire and other dramas that make you think then give it a go. Stay off the booze.....

I''m not a big tv watcher apart from when I get into something like BB or House of Cards. I''ll have to check out wolf hall H, it''s got good reviews, might be the next thing I delve into.

Fans of Breaking Bad, a heads up:

''Better Call Saul'' starts on netflix on the 9th of this month. Early reviews are very positive.

''House of Cards'' season 3 starts on the 28th of this month I believe on Netflix as well.

[quote user="Herman "]Wolf Hall anyone?[/quote]When the BBC makes an effort it can pull off some fantastic TV. Struggled with the book and gave up halfway but this makes so much easier to comprehend and figure out what the hell is going on. One small problem is the amount of characters in it and the fact that most of the male actors look the same, so it gets a bit confusing who is who, but eventually, after the political twists you figure it out.Quality acting. Mark Rylance is superb.

They all look alike just like all youngsters look alike to me. Dirty, Baseball cap, Hoodie. I think one photofit could cover them all[:D]

I like Guy Martin. Comes across a genuine and likable bloke. Although saying that, there has been a glut of similar programmes over the last few months. His was one of the better ones though.

First season of Better Caul Saul was pretty good 7/10. A slow burner, it''s simply getting to know the character before breaking bad, so when he started out as a lawyer.

Would recommend, I expect the 2nd series to hit top gear.....actually that''s probably not the best thing to say at this time is it.

Stil working my way through Breaking Bad and loving it.

What do people think of the Game of Thrones leaked episodes?

I''m not a Sky subscriber - I think it''s different to download an episode agpfter it''s been shown, but leaking 4 episodes before they''ve been shown isn''t cricket.

SHARK on BBC1. Fantastic. That''s what the license fee is for. Swimming with a Great White. Sod that!!

"The Detectives" Started last night. Superb factual series. It is about the hunting down of pervs who who only have one aim in life and that is to "service" young 14 and 15 year old girls. caught two in last nights episode. A rapist of a 13 year old whos life he has ruined, and the perv who was Saviles driver. Once the perv is on their radar he/she can expect a knock on the door. 

Part two of "The Detectives" was quite interesting again. Just prove as in the case of Ray Teret, Savil''s driver, that it does not pay to write your predelictions on a real wall, or even a vertual wall on a forum as it can be retreived many years in the future, even if it has been erased. Tomorrows episode Teret will get his comeuppance I hope.

"The Detectives" Judgement Day. The pervs that liked to "service" underage girls got their just deserts. There are still very many more that know that the knock on the door will come at sometime. Lets hope that it is sometime soon.