Sign in to follow this  
mrs miggins

Favourite TV show?

my 2 all time favourite shows are

"Lost" and "one foot in the grave"

"Friday Night Dinner" is hilarious too!

The Wire.

First watched it 6 or 7 years ago and still waiting for something to beat it.

I quite like The Walking Dead and for something a bit lighter Modern Family is very good.

In agreement with Joanna Grey, Fargo the series is very watchable and thought I''d watch the film for a bit of background info.I have to concur that Fargo the film is a very good film indeed.Not sure what I''ll watch as Game of Thrones has finished, I think I''ll immerse myself in Breaking Bad.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

my 2 all time favourite shows are

"Lost" and "one foot in the grave"

"Friday Night Dinner" is hilarious too!

[/quote]

I have only recently watched this on one of the freeview channels. I just assumed it was a basic sitcom so pooh-poohed it at the time. Very clever and at times, surreal, comedy. It could be quite dark and the series ending is brilliant.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Sir Humphrey Appleby wrote the following post at 22/04/2014 10:01 PM:

I struggled with breaking bad to be honest, by midway through season 3 I just didn''t care what happened to any of them, I just wanted to get to the end and move on. Friends of mine rave about it so I get it is horses for courses but it wasn''t one that grabbed me.

--------------------------------------------

Its a shame man, I thought series 2 was a bit too slow, but by the end of season 3, it gives you a real good reason for you to keep watching, it almost turns into an entirely different show. The end of season 3 is amazing and season 4 especially is, for me, simply incredible.[/quote]

After a long hiatus,due to feeling the exact same as Humph, i finally finished series 3 of BB. And yes it is well worth carrying on. Brilliant ending to the programme.

Still working my way through Breaking Bad (up to episode 3 Series 2) thought the one where Tuco sp? Had them over for dinner was brilliant TV.

Still love Everybody loves Raymond, Big Bang Theory, IT Crowd And also loving Modern Family.

Stick with it Johnny. As Mrs M says it gets better and better. Just finished series 4 and it is fantastic.

Not so much a show but a biopic really. "MARVELOUS" was superb a couple of nights ago. If you missed it catch it on iplayer and you football lovers will be in for a treat.

I''m glad you stuck with it after the 3rd series Herman, the 4th season is very good, but season 5 is also simply incredible, lots of new characters as well :)

Also Storyville from the other night. Showing up frauds/psychics. Uri Geller gets a non-literal kicking. Still very wealthy though.[url]http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b04ndsb3/storyville-20142015-8-exposed-magicians-psychics-and-frauds[/url]

Most of the dealers I''ve known over the years would take that prat Drew to the cleaners every time. I used to watch it but cannot do with him at any price.

Blimey. What did he do to annoy you. Admittedly he''s a bit of a know it all but he''s alright on the whole.

I don''t know anything about the trade but looking at his website he seems to be doing ok. The show can''t do him any harm, free advertising. Seems like a nice guy, knowledgable (although I understand the show is scripted).

Just finished season 2 (latest series) of House of Cards. Absolutely brilliant. Thankyou Netflix. Kevin Spacey really is an incredible actor. Season 3 in February.

nearly up to date with Walking Dead after a marathon couple of months. Quality viewing.

Also liking Modern Family.

Game of Thrones back in April.

Liking the avatar Mrs Miggins.