Sign in to follow this  
hexem

Nothing Much.

I had never heard of said Mr Peake, I assumed he was something to do with biscuits! I rather like clocks on buildings, they are a statement about how important a company is or their headquarters etc. The bigger the clock and the more prominent the bigger the importance, mind you us blokes do like things that stick out :-)

There was a mush taking photos by Norwich market today, I pointed  out that Lloyds bank had a magnificent crest above its doorway and a few shops away there was a rather nice art deco clock above a well known jewellers. He was quite polite and said thank you although I suspect he thought I was a nutcase. My favourite `urban` space is Salisbury mainly because of its rivers and streams but if any town or city has more beautiful and interesting  buildings in one place than Norwich I have yet to see it.

I was speaking {relatively} size wise, mind you Norwich hasn`t got a six inch gun cruiser moored up.

As Robert Elms says, when walking around London, LOOK UPWARDS. The fantastic architecture i have seen since taking his advice.England as a whole isn''t that good for large towns and cities,from the places i have seen.A lot have been hit with the ugly stick thanks to the post-war rebuild,and a large proportion aren''t worth,visiting for shopping reasons,due to homogenisation.Norwich, Salisbury, Brighton are exceptions that i know. Large ex-industrial cities like Liverpool, Manchester, Bradford have vastly improved but are still butt-ugly in places.

Although I try to eat healthy I cannot resist decent sausages pan fried, lets hear it for lard!

Being of a certain age things get really hard work...for example today I wondered lonely as a cloud.Chris Stein''s snaps of Blondie times, at Somerset House.There was another exhibition of veterans from recent conflict as well.(Bryan Adams). Awe inspiring.Then a slog over to Tate where the new build is dominant, inside the turbine hall it''s a bit flat.Sadly the most exciting thing is the remains of the filled in stupid crack. And on...per ardua etc.,The Thames and London sparkled with autumn sunshine.Off I went to White Cube and Tracy Emin''s artworks . Bermondsey? "Well it''s not Angel but quite good!"Then...Electra at  the Old Vic.I am worn out.

I am trying to make a chicken dhansak from base but although it looks right I can`t get the distinctive hot/sweet taste, anyone?

Hexem, Tracy Emin and `artworks` in the same sentence, have a day off!

Whilst not technically very good my favourite painting is John Singer Sargent `Lady {Violet} fishing`, not sure why I like it but it appeals. If I was mega rich I would love to have a Canaletto, just imagine having one of these fabulous works under your roof.

The central heating is high and I`m wrapped up but I`m shivering and freezing cold with man flu, how is that for timing?

Seasons greetings peeps and most important of all good health, even to my enemies.

Good exhibition on at the British Museum about German history. A bit busy and a bit disjointed but well worth a tenner.

Me and the missis got wed forty odd years ago and lived in Greenwich. Anyway we used to frequent a pub called the `plume of feathers` near to the south entrance of the park, paid a visit to Greenwich today and went into said pub.

We were amazed, the place has not changed, still friendly and welcoming but I don` think it has even been decorated since the early seventies! I wish some other pubs would stay the same but I suppose we should be grateful they are still trading.

I read this week that the `Beer Baccy and Crumpet` party have been barred from the forthcoming general election because the name might upset some people. Oh well, looks like my fledgling `Fishing Football and Fanny` party is dead in the water.