Sign in to follow this  
hexem

Nothing Much.

An old dog? Indeed. I ride my bike. I go fishing, I muck about and I leer down ladies tops. I could grow up of course but where is the fun in that?

Bukuru? No not that old dog, he bit me once {twice in fact} and I got banned, EDP said I was banned for fifty years! I kid you not. With tablets, wi fi, dongles etc its all a bit pointless but I will try to be nice, I am in fact John, no not that John that whippers thinks is everyone else but the other John, John

Ayyynway. I am not so able to cope with a bike these days.A canal walk to Broadway Market with my widowed neighbour MrsM is a fair gambol.And another thing. My old you tubes could lead to more..Luffthansa is on the cards.Erbil,which is nowhere, slightly south of Nineveh, and a bit close to Nimrud is to have a museum.And they are all basically lumps in the sand. They want me on video. I am not happy.ChristopherE will be carved in stone and placed in the great court of the British Museum.Yikes.Never in a million years did I imagine that you were the other John.hex

Me and the missis have a holiday in Dawlish booked later in the year so I was pleased to see the railway line has been repaired. They replaced several hundred yards of track, trust me with modern track laying equipment this is nothing.

They tell us the repairs cost thirty five million quid, even taking into consideration the terrain this is an enormous amount of money, I told them not to buy the concrete from Harrods.

This Saturday in Woodchurch is an evening of fifties and sixties music followed by fish and chips. When I mentioned this to the missis she said, "I don`t know anyone in Woodchurch, that means I will have to talk to you", always nice to feel wanted.

In todays telegraph crossword is the clue `horologist to keep an eye on manufacturer`, -clockmaker?-. Anyway it reminds me of an article I read that the Queen is looking for a head horologist. This job not only involves looking after the royal family collection of clocks but also the person needs to be able to engineer replacement parts. Salary if I remember was about twenty five thousand, an absolute pittance for someone who has to be a very skilled man.

What brought this on? In a restaurant today the missis was flicking through a magazine {Devon life} and there was an advert for a cream tea at Highgrove, SEVENTY FIVE QUID !!!!No wonder the royal have got so much money!

Her Majesty''s staff all get paid a pittance as far as I can see but the trade off is a nice entry on your C.V. Works wonders for the Household Staff, especially when seeking a job across the Atlantic.

`watchmaker`. That job is OK if you have lots of time on your hands. I know I''ll get me coat[:$]

Horror of horrors, the BBC have actually got a WOMAN commentating on the cricket. My fellow gentlemen, nemesis is truly upon us.

Yes and they have had one for years. Alison Mitchell is very good and so is the Indian girl (who''s name escapes me) at the moment. 

England''s Stuart BroadOuch!!That was all rather easy. Thought India would have put up a bit of a fight.

My shortcuts on desktop to webpages have stopped working, anybody got ay ideas as to why?

Yes it was all rather easy, nice to see England win though.

Do not know why they should not work, but right click on them and hit open rather than double clicking on the icon.

The worst Indian team I have ever seen. Made us look better than we are. Its still only the Ashes that I would pay to see.

Hope you are watching the doc on flying in your old stamping ground of PNG Hex. Brave young pilots to say the least.

Yes Shrimper I did catch the programme last night. On again tonight. It was quite astonishing to see a landing strip on top of a mountain surrounded by more mountains and dense jungle. Most times the mountains are covered in mist as well.I never got further than Jackson''s strip, now known as Jackson''s International Airport. My elder brother got to go " up river" by Catalina then in a smaller Quantas Beaver river plane. The airstrip at Port Moresby was also called 7 mile strip by the Americans flying in WW2.It was 7 miles from town!There is a good film of the battles that took place in WW2 on the Kokoda Trail, called  "Kokoda".hex

Is it me or are we being swamped by stupid inane catchphrases? The Norfolk police have `our priority is you` on all of their cars and vans. Suffolk have `taking pride in keeping Suffolk safe`. Essex say they are `protecting and serving Essex` while the Devon and Cornwall mob say they are `building safer communities together` even my local builder has `building strong foundations` on his pick up. Lets have an end to these fatuous slogans!

JB .....angler extraordinaire....

Ps, afternoon hexem....faster than a speeding bullet...

WellJB, In the past such phrases were decided at length in solemn committees. And mostly ignored."Keep Calm" being one.I was recently pulled over on the M11,the usual SP50.. old blue Ford. I would have been really annoyed if it had a logo on the sidesaying "didn''t you see me?"---- I had , but it was just before Stanstead so he was off for a bacon sandwich,being Essex force.The old Government slogans were equally daft. "Protect and Survive". A door wedged in a hallway with a mattress on top ? Living in central London we never got the leaflet. Mrs Hex and I both worked within a mile of Parliament Sq, we met at the Albert pub and thought over the issue. we seemed to be in a cleft stick.. stay at home and die or maybe move to Norfolk for safety. Sculthorpe,Lakenheath,Marham,Coltishall, Midenhall.SO we had another pint and "Carried On"hex

Just got round to reading a food supplement out of the EDP. One place said that it `redefines the indian dining experience`, well ooh ma gord. Another eatery says it `prides itself on using local produce`, I note on the menu is barracuda. In all my years of fishing in east Anglia I am still waiting for my first barracuda.

Well ,following in giant footsteps. There is something about old monuments with Mr O visiting Stonehenge.The setting for the last sad scenes of "Tess" of the old family long dead. I like old churchyards and memorials.It somehow puts you in your place, a random day out to a Hampshire village threw up a brass plaque to Jethro Tull.Another day out found a grave to Mervyn Peake. An amble round a little church can have hazards though, They are sometimes privately owned.(Blessed St. Hex.)