Sign in to follow this  
still holding out for new heroes

Charlton on bench - why?

Can someone explain to me under what circumstances (bird flu aside) that Charlton would have been used yesterday:

Scenario 1 - Drury injured, Brennan moves back, Hucks to left, Hendo on

Scenario 2 - Centre half injured, Flemming moves inside, Colin on

Scenario 3 - central midfielder injured, Brennan or Marney moves inside, Hucks moves, Hendo or Colin on

Scenario 4 - Brennan injured, hucks moves back, hendo on

funnily enough he wasnt used, surely McVeigh (possible match winner) or Jarrett/Rossi Jarvis (first option in scenario 3) would have been more logical options

Its obvious really...

scenario 5- Brennan, Drury and Fleming all injured at same time- hopefully by sniper fire- and Charlton enters pitch to heroes acclaim- Worthy hailed as visionary

Team lose 0-1 (Charlton og)  

I feel a bit sorry for Charlie because he is a decent left back who has been played out of position by our wonderful manager and, like a number of other players, has consequently lost his confidence.   

[quote]Its obvious really... scenario 5- Brennan, Drury and Fleming all injured at same time- hopefully by sniper fire- and Charlton enters pitch to heroes acclaim- Worthy hailed as visionary Team lose 0-1...[/quote]

im sure its something like

"worthy runs on the pitch with i crow bar and hacks their shins"

then Worthy hailed as visionary

Yeh, I thought Charlie was brought in as cover for Drury. A Bolton friend said he was sorry to see him go as he was a solid left back. I think its unfair to be totally critical of him when he finds himself playing in a position he has never ever played in

The rumours I have heard include Charlie being very unhappy and will try and leave in January )with Wigan apparently interested!). He, along with Hucks, McVeigh, Marney & Henderson, is fed up at continually being asked to play out of position. All these players are good professionals and will play anywhere if asked but this selection policy is not condusive to good performances - look at Sven!How often does Crespo play in midfield? How often does Ashley Cole play centre midfield? Craig Bellamy as a right winger anyone? (Oh yes - Graeme Souness - and Bellamy left, moved eventually to Blackburn vua Celtic scoring goal after goal along the way)