Sign in to follow this  
king of latvia

is it nigels fault ?

i would like to know would you need a manager to motivate you in playing for the club you love, i would be proud to put on the yellow shirt and play for nothing.i dont think some of theses so called stars a proud to play for this club ie-ashton ,marney,colin,jj,

also how can you be a pro footballer and you are scared to head the ball or even tackle ie - huckerby .

i feel its the players letting us down not nigel.

tackling and heading were hardly a part of Hucks game when he played an enormous part in our promotion. That''s never been his contribution to the team so that''s not a basis for criticism now.

how many players in our team require 2 or more opponents to mark them?

so erm who picks the players not performing, who coaches them,
who should organize them, who motivates them. If nigel isn''t
to blame then by that rational how do we know if he''s doing well.
what are you saying we measure a manager on if not results.

Errmmm.............................................................................................YES! 

[quote]i would like to know would you need a manager to motivate you in playing for the club you love, i would be proud to put on the yellow shirt and play for nothing.i dont think some of theses so called s...[/quote]

I have to agree, something just isn''t quite right.  I''m by no means convinced that getting rid of the manager just yet is what would sort it out - though he will have to carry the can soon if things don''t improve.  To me, it seems too many players are off form for whatever reason, and this goes right through the side...just to pick a few of those we were expecting to be our top players shows what I mean:

- Greeno isn''t performing the heroics of two seasons ago, and has been at fault for more goals than you''d expect of his class - in our promotion season he was fantastic, and we need that sort of form back;

- Hucks certainly does not seem the player of two seasons ago who ripped the division to shreds, maybe all the seasons of being fouled to pieces are taking their toll; he scored plenty that season and always looked like he was going to get plenty more, but somehow hasn''t seemed as threatening this season;

- Ashton tries his damndest every game but I couldn''t believe on Sat that his shot count was 9 or 10 but I don''t recall one being on target - ok several were from long range, but you''d expect him on form to bury several of the chances he got.

....and I could go on.  None of these things are down to the manager alone, but he is meant to be the man in charge to motivate/get the best of his players - and if he doesn''t do so very soon, then there won''t be much choice but for him to go to make way for someone who can.

A level headed comment Branston !   Nigels role aside for the moment ,  its very clear that there is discord within the team ...  and discord  within the training staff !  last seasons  woes are being transferred to this season  , what comes over , loud and clear ,  is that we  just might have a collection  of players trotting out the tunnel   who are at each others throats  in the dressing room ?   lots to think about eh ?

Sacking Nigel will solve nothing , once the manager sacking  route starts   it all downhill !   there will be players ,rooting for Nigel  , who wont  accept a new manager , and the cancer  will remain  ............

[quote]tackling and heading were hardly a part of Hucks game when he played an enormous part in our promotion. That''s never been his contribution to the team so that''s not a basis for criticism now. how man...[/quote]

yes he was a big part of our promotion but that has gone .we are near the bottom of the championship and we need to pull together.he needs to do everything to get us back up the league and yes even thats mean messing his hair up or getting his shorts dirty.

thats means all of the team.

"yes he was a big part of our promotion but that has gone"

GONE???????!!!!

Why has it gone, King?

Where is it now? How can we have it, then lose it so quickly? How can Hucks be a shadow of the player he was 18 months ago?

My answer: POOR COACHING.