Sign in to follow this  
The Trickster

First timers view.......

Having been a season ticket for a number of years and having watched N.C.F.C since I was knee high to a grasshopper I have finally watched enough to warrant a post on here.  I regularly read the posts and enjoy a good read (most of the time!) but I figure now it’s time to come out of the shadows and have my say, although I’m not sure where to start, so I guess at the top!!

I’ve always been against the Worthington Out campaign although I must admit I’m heading in that direction, on paper we do have one of the best teams in the division and I think rightly were installed as one of the favourites for promotion, with all due to respect to anyone who backs him, every team needs a leader, just like every army needs a major, and we haven’t got one at the moment, I hear all the rumours and 99% of the time are just that, but something somewhere has gone wrong and there is only one that can change that, and that is Nigel.

As for the team………..Greeno looks lacking in confidence, but then can you blame him as he was nicely settled in the England squad with Robinson and James, James does his usual so must think he has a great chance of at least getting on the bench, only to lose out to “Fragile Kirkland” – who says England call-ups boost confidence?!? 

As for the defence, Fleming, don’t even get me started, I’m actually looking forward to the end of the season so he’s finally out of contract, he wasn’t good enough last year and is too old this year, getting skinned by the winger in the first 5 mins showed that, although I have a sneaky suspicion if Nigel is still in charge he’ll get another year, the highlight for me on Saturday was seeing Davenport tearing him off a strip (something Flem does week in week out to everyone, even when he’s at fault!)  Doc and Davenport have been big pluses, Doc has his doubters, but who would enjoy playing with Flem, now he doesn’t have to he turns in some consistent performances

In midfield, if we didn’t have Youssef we’d be even worse off that we are, for me it’s inevitable we’ll probably lose him in January, why would someone of that quality want to play here when reportedly someone like Feyenoord are interested, and good luck to him if he does as he deserves a better stage to play on.  Hughesy, full of passion and how many others do you see after a game go round and applaud the crowd, something so small but yet proves so much, ok not the greatest but you know when the chips are down, he’ll be there to the last. Now here comes the contentious point, Mr Huckerby, I’m going to upset a few and suggest we’d be better off without him in the side, he’s a shadow of the player he was, what happened to the player that was so feared that the likes of

Good post, glad you''ve joined us. I like you supported Worthy through the early years, but it became clear to me last season that he actually doesn''t have much of a clue about tactics, training or scouting.

And now his motivational skills are on the wane, IMO he''s less than useless to us.

The players have to take some responsibility, but if their confidence is low it''s up to the gaffer to do something about it.

good post trickster, lots of interesting points. The day i dicided that worthy should go was a sad one because i didn''t want it to happen but i support Norwich city football club and if a change at the top is what it needs to turn this around (which it so obviously is!) then so be it. No matter how much it cost it''ll be alot cheaper than getting relegatted.  

Now your point about hucks i agree that this year he''s hasn''t got the pace and surprise of two years ago and teams know his game now very well. but to say he shouldn''t be in the team is going one step to far. A norwich team without hucks is an even poorer one. Out on the left, and i feel he should only ever be played out on the left (definatly not the right) hucks can still do us a job. (who do you replace him with, brennan, don''t make me laugh). without hucks on the left we have VERY little to offer.

i agree with you about ashton, last year he was getting rave reviews from all in the game. and now wheather though all of wrothys fault he has turned into a striker with no confidence what so ever and a striker without confience is a poor one. He is being wasted! Come january he will be gone if this acrries on and if he does it will a very sad day in norwich becuase where do we get someone who even comes close to his natural abilty to come to a club who have relegation to offer. Ashton is a premiership player playing for a cahmpionship club at the moment.

worrying times in norwich, it can''t be aloud to get any worse.