Sign in to follow this  
essexcanary

worthington out - RUBBISH!!!

why o why would you get rid of worthy!!!

ok his on a poor run nut his NOT the problem, the players are.  theres obviously tension between the players and ok, in a way its up to worthy to ease this but the players need to grow up and take some responsibilty.

how would repllace worthy as well??? no-one out there is good enough, if i could have anyone get us out of this slump it would be our man Nigel.

leave him alone because i''m pretty sure you couldnt do a better job

Robert - either you''re Worthy''s mum, or you''re drinking something very special that I wouldn''t mind a pint of, please.

no be fair he''s quite correct, where else on earth couldwe find a manager whose won 11 games out of 54. let me see oh silly me and robert just overlooked 80 per cent of managers.

How about because he has made pathetic decision after pathetic decision for 15 months?

Because with millions and millions of pounds he has created a squad with no right winger and no attacking midfielder?

Because he believes it is essential to have a defensive holding midfielder in the team and yet goes into the season with just one such player (Safri) in the squad so that the moment said player gets injured we have to stick a washed up old LB in central midfield, the most important area of the pitch.

I could go on and on, but the guy does not understand passing, possession, football and how midfield is essential to controlling the game.  He is a negative long ball merchant, a tactical dinosaur rooted in the world when he still played, who will NEVER establish this club in the Permiership as long as he lives because he is too stubborn (and apparently dim) to learn from his mistakes.

I''m pretty sure I couldn''t do a better job as well.  But then again I don''t have about 30 years football experience and aren''t paid X thousand a week!  Of course it''s Worthy''s fault.  If the players aren''t performing then it stems back to the manager and his staff.  The motivation they give the players, the tactics etc.  We have 4 midfielders at our club.  4!  And one if them is on loan!  Any sensible manager would have thought "S**t.  We''ve lost Francis, Mulryne, Holt, Helveg, Jonson and Bentley over the summer.  Saf will be going away for ACN.  I''d better strenghten the midfield".  Did he?  No.  And that''s a big reason as to why we''re in the situation we are now

You have got to be joking! That view point might have some validity in Narnia whilst gently sipping Absinthe through a straw but here in the real world the facts tell a very different storey indeed.

The Premiership campaign was extremely disappointing where far to many times we seemed happy to defend a three and four goal deficits and even in games that we could have gone out and tried to win such Charlton, Bolton, Palace to name but a few we were pathetic. I know, I was there.

And now this season, with a wealth of talent in a hugely mediocre league he can not motivate the team, has obviously lost the dressing room and you come out with a statement like that!

What planet do you live on? Oh sorry Narnia or maybe Never Never Land

[quote]why o why would you get rid of worthy!!! ok his on a poor run nut his NOT the problem, the players are. theres obviously tension between the players and ok, in a way its up to worthy to ease this bu...[/quote]

How''d you work that one out?

Worthington has for the past season and a half now repeatedly played players out of position, never stuck to the same 11 (and dropping players who are doing well!) and sticking with the players out of form. It took him half a season to drop Gary Holt. It took him another season after that to drop Craig Fleming.

Now he has - with the Premiership''s smallest squad - sold/released 10 and brought in only 6. Leaving us with a smaller squad than practically every other team in this division for more matches than last season! Madness!

I could go on; frankly the list of mistakes by him is endless. But I''ve just had enough.

Here are some reasons that it''s dear old Nigels fault and they are just from the last match.

Craig Flemming at right back, whilst two promising young right backs sit it out.

Jim Brennan on the left wing.

Huckerby up front.

Safri playing a holding midfield roll.

Does that look like an attacking formation to go out an win a game against a team lower than us in the division?       NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

If the guy had any tactical nounce and actually wanted to take the game by the horns and bloomin win it he would have played Huckerby on the left where we all know is the only place he plays well for us.   He would have dropped Brennan.   He would have played McVeigh, Hendo or Thorne up front with Ashton.  He would have played Colin or Luis in front of Flemming (although I thought Flem had a decent game in the end).

Ashton would have been told to play the zone between the sticks only and not go chasing balls out wide and in midfield and the rest of the team should have been instructed that just once we are going to try playing to Deano''s strengths so he can return the same goal tally he had last outing in this division.

That''s just for the first 45 minutes.   Dear old Nigel then went on to make yet more stupid mistakes in the second half.    Marney was injured and obviously needed replacing.   His options were  Louis Jean who has reportedly played on the right and played well there against Inter.  This would have been a straight swap.   Henderson straight swap, as he has played there numerous times for us and although he looks better up front was still a better option than what he did do.

Huckerby on the right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    How many times does he have to try things and see they don''t work before he gets a grip.   Huckerby was non-existant for ages, stood around on the right not even getting in forward positions, a complete waste of a talented player.   Okay Hucks could have tried harder, but we all knew that wasn''t going to work.

Finally he moves Hucks to the left and takes off Brennan, but this time he brings on a big striker to play wide right!!!!!!!!!   What!!!!   Has he completely lost it now?????

At this point he should have been taking off a defender and going 3 up front.

Eventually he did sub Flemming for Colin, but what tactical difference did that make?   Okay Colin was probably told to get forwards more, but Worthy please, 4 different players in the same position throughout the game, what exactly do you practice in training, because it seems to me you have no idea who to play where and just try different things when things aren''t working.

I know I could have picked a better team than Worthy and could have motivated them better.  I know I could have bought on better subs and actually made a difference.