Sign in to follow this  
mrs miggins

favourite drugs

whether its just cigarettes, alcohol or heroin. What''s your favourite drug of them all? (please don''t say ''life is my drug'')

That was part of the joke: me asking who before it gets mentioned.

Then there''s the conundrum of wanting to get an easy laugh by being cheeky vs announcing to everyone that you need it.

drurys testamonials V 15 wrote the following post at 17/08/2013 6:01 PM:

NCFC

--------------------

I wonder how you take that and what the effects are

....they can''t be that good. Or does it vary?

MDMA powder was wonderful! I only did it once though because I liked it too much, that would be so easy to get hooked on.

I do love a bit of weed every now and again and it was a necessity watching some of our matches the last two seasons! I just wish it was easier and more convenient to get a hold of. It''s baffling that it remains illegal while more harmful narcotics like fags and booze are. If only we weren''t run by stodgy old conservatives with no world view outside their privileged little world

I bet this thread would be brilliant on WACCOE

MXE is bl00dy hard to get hold of these days, it used to be legal a couple of years ago and it was around shortly after its ''temporary'' illegal status, but haven''t managed to get hold of it since....unfortunately. Its like with all drugs i guess, as long as you''re not dependent on them, its a blast

Can I ask the (boring to some, but curious) question, why do people take drugs? (I know about the pain relief side etc, I meant the other reasons)

My scaled down version would be chocolate!

For many different reasons really. To relax if you''re stressed and to have an even better time at a party are the main reasons.

Psychedelic drugs basically make your experience of doing something much more enthralling. For example, trying to walk across the garden to get to the other side, but thinking that there are dragons and misty mountains in the way...basically like you''re on a quest to get back to your house....pretty epic

Being an athlete I always avoided any drugs, but I once went to a ''hawkwind'' concert in a small hall and with so many smoking weed, I came out as high as a kite !

To go back to another thread, Breaking Bad doesn''t make you want to go anywhere near Meth.

(Pink Floyd at Wembley for me Swindon. The place stank of dope.)

[:D]

Just started 3rd series. Really struggled with the 2nd. But it has already improved.

The tempo for me in the 2nd series for me was too slow. Have you seen the one where Jesse is collecting the drug money in the two couples (users) house? They have a kid and the the mother kills the guy with an ATM machine and loads of money comes out. I think thats season 2, I thought that was pretty sweet though.

P.S. if its season 3, I apologise if i''ve just ruined that episode for you.

On the subject of Breaking Bad, season 4 and 5 are quite simply amazing imo, I thought season 2 and 3 were the least enjoyable (but even so, I did enjoy 3 quite a lot I must admit). All I can say is that those last two seasons are very dramatic with some great acting (anthony hopkins I believe sent a letter to the cast about their great performances) and twist and turns throughout. Stick with it is all I would say. Sklyer may be fcking annoying, but

Skyler was my major problem. Jesse is also a bit of a pain. Deliberate I suppose.  Thank God for box-sets and fast-forwards or else I would have given up.

The ATM scene was 2. Odd bits like that that kept me going.

"What! You''ve never seen a severed head on a turtle before?"[:D]

Ahh, that was season 2 as well, good stuff. Jesse does become more likeable, whereas the point your at now, you i''m sure (like I did) kind of see him as a little ''b1tch'' and a waste of space drug dealer. The plan was to kill him off at the end of season 1, but once they realised what they could do with his character, they kept him, and you''ll end up caring what happens to him in the end, the guy goes through a lot, the same with walt. Its like what I said in the other thread, the character development is phenomenal.

What I would say is if you found season 2 a real struggle, I might even suggest going straight to the end of the next series to get a gist of what happened and then start season 4. But whatever, don''t get to the end of season 3 and give up.....you can''t give up there. (thats my advice anyway.....or you could just do what you want).

Todays top headline in ''der Spiegel, Germany''s top political mouthpiece, is all about those states in the US that are experiencing a boom in tourism due to adopting a policy of legalising weed. Now why would such orderly country talk about it?Is it because it has improved the economy, or because they want to show what boozoes they are for doing it?you''ll make your mind up as to what this means, I''m sure of it.....;)http://www.spiegel.de/international/business/pot-becomes-big-business-as-states-legalize-cannabis-a-977628.html