Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

One down.....

Such a sad sad case. One of my all time hero''s growing up. I fear that only he can help himself now. It doesn''t help that his close friends seem to want to drink with him and that his family are a bunch of leaches living off his name. But it''s now time for him to really try. I fear a sad end to the story though.

Without wanting to sound unkind and mean, this has been going on for a while now and I''m starting to stop feeling sorry for him and just think "oh for God''s sake, not you again."Clearly that does sound unkind and mean, but if anyone could get offers of help, it would be a former England football star.  If he can''t do it then I''m sad for him but it''s not like he hasn''t had 1,001 chances.

There are people who read reports like that and think "What a ledge!!" as if they don''t understand the difference between a night out and self destructive alcohol addiction. They''d love to take him to their local and get wasted alongside him as if it''s some sort of honour, when all they''re doing is contributing to his early death.I can''t see Gazza''s story ending happily.

Had help recently from a bunch of high profile celebs/sportsmen and women. Rehab in the US, was good for a month or so and back into his old ways. As above, only person that can help him now is himself.

Sadly only 1 in 10 alcoholics get off the booze, such a savage illness and I fear this will end badly given his fame.

"The troubled football legend, who collapsed on Monday after a massive bender,

was pictured propped up against a litter bin by worried passers-by who then

ran for help"
Worried passers by? So worried that they managed to take a few pictures to send to The Sun before they ''ran for help''.

It is stated in the Bible, in the news and in medical leaflets everywhere but it does not seem to be noticed; alcohol is the drink of the devil and brings about the downfall of even the best of men. It deeply saddens me to see what is happening to a man who was such a good player- but let this be an example to the rest of us.

".......It is stated in the Bible etc etc etc ....".

Every time i click on one of " Graham''s " pitiful , heavy handed clunking wind up attempts my Norton antivirus issues an alert. Stay well clear everyone.