Sign in to follow this  
mrs miggins

desert island

You''re on a desert island with a music player which has solar panels on it so that it will never run out of battery. You are a castaway (tom hanks film).

Which album would you take with you?

(no instrumental pieces e.g classical)

No classical? You so crazy!!

What about greatest hits or does it have to be one whole album?

Very tricky if that''s the case. Get back to you.......

My initial thought was Never Mind the B0110cks by the Sex Pistols, but that''s not very Desert Island. Is it?

Definitely nothing maudlin so alternative choice might be HAARP - Muse live at Wembley, at least that has some variety.

Difficult one.

Isn''t that cheating a bit?

Still haven''t decided. A bloody hard question.

It doesn''t matter, as long as it is a 12" vinyl. Cut it and mould it in the heat of the Sun into a propeller. Use it in conjunction with the motor from the player to propel your raft. Get back home and listen to all the albums you want.

No greatest hits/compilation i''m afraid.

I''m curious wings, why the pistols?

obviously its a great album but why would it be the one you''ve taken?

Why not?

One of the best rock albums ever, played it to death when it came out, no album has moved me as much as this one did and I was lucky enough to see them at Cromer Links Pavillion at the end of 1977 before they set off on their ill fated American tour.

certainly is one of the best albums, but if you''re on a desert island, i''m curious to know, why you would you want his voice screaming in your ear when there''s so much sand kicking about. It''s quite an angry sound for so much sun....i think that may be the reason why they weren''t popular in hotter countries?

More interestingly though; were they good when you saw them? Are you a fan of PIL?

Sorry to sound pretentious but after a long think I am going for;

Godspeed YBE Lift Yr Skinny Fists......

It is long with loads of stuff going on and I haven''t got bored of it after ten years or so.

It would have been either Neil Young or Talking Heads but they were either live or best of albums.

Neither are probably my definitive choice.

I suppose it would make sense to pick one of the many albums that I have brought and not really listened to properly. Jeff Buckley - Grace, step up to the plate, for one.

I will give this serious consideration.

Any one else struggling to choose just one?

I''d take something I can almost certainly assume none of you have ever heard.

Janet Devlin''s new album Hide and Seek.

Its not even on general release yet, only out digitally for people who pledged towards the album, which you can still do on Pledge Music, but only for the hard copy. You get a digital download and an exclusive EP as well. As for the album, its perfect. She is perfect, I want to marry her. Now. ;)