Sign in to follow this  
ncfc0405

Definition of Support

After a very depressing afternoon I found this reassuring somehow.

sup·port (s-pôrt)
v. sup·port·ed, sup·port·ing, sup·ports

1. To bear the weight of, especially from below.
  2. To hold in position so as to keep from falling, sinking, or slipping.
  3. To be capable of bearing; withstand.
  4. To keep from weakening or failing; strengthen.
  5. To provide for or maintain, by supplying with money or necessities.
  6. To endure; tolerate.

Not a question of blame charlies dad, merely an observation that support, by definition, is nothing to do with the good times, everything to do with the bad times. Was actually meant to be a tribute to everyone getting behind the team so vocally yesterday, even if we ultimately didn''t get the right result.

What a shame dictonaries don''t go to football games!

This old chestnut is never going to die, I guess. What does it matter who has been to the most games, who has a season ticket and who doesn''t, who is pro or anti Worthy staying.

All that really matters is that we all SUPPORT this club and naturally enough we all share different opinions - especially on whether Worthy should go or who should be playing in what position.

But there you go, that is part of the fun (or not so much fun at the moment) of supporting your football team.  Yes, there are good times, and there are bad.  Most of us on here can remember Chase and the immediate aftermaths of such.  We are now deep into another bad spell. We all think we have solutions, but the only solution is finding something that means we don''t care so much and don''t get so depressed or angry about the situation at the moment. What wouldn''t some of us give to be able to walk away and not hurt, but that is why football is so special.  You can''t just walk away.

Next week is yet another do or die one I suppose.  What comes out of the AGM, the possible loss at home against Cardiff (who held Sheff U to a 0-0 draw :ermm, and then Wolves away.

Supporting a club, team whatever is not something you can just switch on and off, but we all have our own levels when despair sets in.  To all of you who still think Worthy can turn this around, good for you. For all of us that cannot, does that really make us any less of a supporter? 

None of us on this board can magic us into the top six, it takes the club to do all it can to rid us of what ails us and to stop the decline.  I intend to ask some serious questions at the AGM tomorrow night, I am very worried about the situation and the consequences should we face a real relegation battle.  If the club can reassure me they have plans in progress to turn it around then maybe I will be reassured - we will have to see. 

Supporting the TEAM is one thing.

Supporting a man who has turned that team into a shambles is another. 

I thought the crowd was pretty supportive of the team on sat and only vented their frustration post match?  Sadly (fortunately?) I could not attend this game so perhaps some one can confirm?

Being supportive is one thing - blind faith/loyalty leads to sycophancy which is never a good thing.

OTBC

I apologise if I got the wrong end of the stick. In injury time at the corner when Green lumbered upfield, i was on my feet exhorting and equaliser.. i wanted some sort of result, and that wont change. I feel, as many others do, that the players management and club have had too easy a ride over the last 18 months or so.. Fulham was a diablolical disgrace, and most of what has followed is pretty much the same. Only now, as we stare an unthinkable relegation in the face are people starting to turn ugly. Nobody, players, management or even the board have any right to bleat about the stick they are now encountering. They know how to stop it. Bloody win some football matches. Just do it.