Sign in to follow this  
Darlo dumplin’

Anyone know what Wigan spent?

If there''s one thing that really rubs salt into the wound in terms of our current state it''s seeing what Wigan have done this season. They''ve already got 20 points for heavens sake! I can hardly bear to look at the premiership table, anymore than I can the Championship one.

Anyone know what they spent in total last summer? Might help to put our lack of achievement over the last 14 months into even sharper perspective.

Our biggest spend was on Henri Camara which was about 3 million ish.

Then there was 1.5 on Francis, about 1 million on Chimbonda and about £600 000 on Ryan Taylor and about £200 000 on Pollitt.

Then there have been various free transfers. However we did get about 3 million for Ellington so really we haven''t spent that much considering how much money we have. I am sure the cheque book will be coming out in January.

Watch out because Ashton may be following Francis up to the JJB.

[quote]Our biggest spend was on Henri Camara which was about 3 million ish. Then there was 1.5 on Francis, about 1 million on Chimbonda and about £600 000 on Ryan Taylor and about £200 000 on Pollitt. Then...[/quote]

Don''t forget the £3m you wasted on Connelly.  Still can''t beleive you bought.

Good to see you doing well though.  I really like that the fact that you still have players like Bullard who have been at the club since you were in league 1.  Just goes to show that you do not need to spend £30m to stay in the Premier if you can keep the spine of the team that got you there in the first place.