Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Electric cigarettes

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="SHRIMPER"]

As stated earlier, giving up was the hardest thing I have ever done. The first couple of weeks I found easy, but after the first couple of weeks the old resolve waned somewhat and I found it harder and harder. I battled on and finally won the battle against Mr Nick o Teen.

Keep going mate and you will crack it.   

[/quote]
Really? I thought the first 4 days were meant to be the hardest? Maybe I still have the harder part to come then, but either way, Im going to succeed. Congrats on your success by the way Shrimper! Hopefully one day I''ll be able to say the same as you!
[/quote]It''s two weeks to get over the chemical addiction properly, but day three is the real toughy then it gets steadily easier. Nicotine has a half-life of about 6 hours in the body, but it actually transforms into an intermediary called cotinine that is the chemical that works on the neurons and it''s getting that completely out of the system and then the neurons returning to their pre-addiction state that takes the time. I''ve given up for about three months twice and six months once over the last six years, but every time I''ve just found myself waiting around at an airport or something bored and gone and got a pack. I got an eCig in the tabac earlier on today and it sounds very similar to the one kick it off got for the second one. I''ve got a 12mg/ml mint fluid in it on the basis that I''ve always had menthol tips in my rollies. Got some nicotine free mint fluid coming in the post so here goes. Once I''ve got over the chemical addiction yet again, developing a new physical habit to replace the old oneIncidentally, if anyone''s interested in some figures, you absorb:
  • About 1mg of nicotine absorbed into blood from a normal cigarette.
  • About 0.7mg of nicotine absorbed from a rollie.
I''ve been smoking about 15 rollies a day so that equates to about 11mg of nicotine a day. Therefore vaping 1ml of this 12mg/ml fluid is roughly equal to my smoking habit, although it''s actually more like 1.6ml roughly since absorption of nicotine from vaping is between 40-60%.

So we are 14 months down the line now, and in that time I have had two cigarettes. One last July as aforementioned, and another a couple of weeks ago when I was drunk. 

I happily puff away on my Ecig with no care or desire for the real thing. I have cut down to 12mg strength liquid (from 18mg) and it''s absolutely fine. The only issue I have these days is finding flavours I like. I can only seem to find one every few months so I vape that until my tastebuds change and it''s no longer tasty, and then I have to find something new.
I now only ever order liquids from one American site (ECblends) - I have tried various others but they are the only ones that produce half decent liquid. I went through about 4 or 5 months almost entirely on their "Dragon''s nectar" (Nectarine and Honeysuckle flavour) juice, and have tried various others. Been on "Dragon''s Passion" (Passionfruit flavour) for about 6 months but now looking for alternatives as my taste has changed and whilst it''s fine, it isn''t flavoursome anymore as I''m so used to the taste. I recently found "Cool cherry cola" which is great but it''s quite harsh on my throat and makes me cough a bit, and also "Red Energy" (allegedly Red Bull flavour, but doesn''t taste much like red bull!) is pretty good. Also got a bottle of grape in, which I''m enjoying. The only problem with the site is that being US based it takes about 10days to arrive usually, and because shipping is expensive ($27) it''s only worth ordering in bulk.... also sometimes customs catch it and add an extra £20-30 onto the total, but more often than not, they don''t spot it. Even when they do, it only brings the price up to average UK prices so it''s still much better quality juice for the same cost as the crappy stuff over here!
My set up is a Kanger battery (much better quality and lifespan than any others) and I use Kanger Evod clearomisers as they are pretty reliable and don''t really leak. It looks something like THIS (I have blue and red batterys and clearomisers, but do want to get my hands on a green one!). 
So yeah, that''s about where I''m at with it these days, still hooked on nicotine but no longer filling my lungs with tar and other chemicals so I can live with that  Smile [:)]

Using them all week now and have the final hurdle of the weekend to get over. Using the mini tanks from Jac and they are the best ones i have had. Clear tanks so you can see how much is left and their flavoured liquids taste good, and cost a lot less than carts.It is so nice not having to go outside and freeze my nuts off just to get a hit[:D]

I always look forward to the News reports on TV about e-cigarettes because they invariably are situated in a Pub where there is a table full of crap-jumpered beardy weirdos manically puffing away on their miniature light sabres as if it was their last.

You should try them, might chill you out a bit. Shouldn''t affect your other medicines either.

Quick update as just remembered this thread.

Be 2 years since I quit proper fags in about 6 weeks. Still on the ecig, but have dropped the nicotine down to 12mg.

Still vaping liquids off ECBlends but I am looking for a decent quality UK supplier as the wait time for shipment is annoying, and paying the shipping, and then getting stung at customs every time is also frustrating me. Had a tester pack of 10 liquids off Vapemate but there were only 2 flavours I liked. Quality was OK though.

Just invested in a new set-up as my batteries were wearing out. Went for the Vision Nunchaku. Battery is great but the tanks are naff - window doesn''t give you a clear indication of how much liquid is left in them. Flavour and vapour production are decent and the heads are robust, but the window issue results in frequent empty tanks and that horrible dry burn vape.

Going to chuck some money into a couple of tanks with decent reps and see if I can find one that will become standard. Have used Kanger MT3S''s for over a year, but the atomiser quality has dramatically deteriorated to the point where I am no longer happy using them.

Had 3 cigarettes since I quit. 2 when drunk, 1 about a month after I quit as I had some personal issues going on. Hated all 3 of them and don''t understand how I ever smoked them regularly!

That''s great, KIO. my mate out here in the US bought a vape that was about $120 I believe, although it just got stolen last night. bit of a bulky thing but he normally always had it on him. Weird thing with him though is he never smoked cigs, but dove right in to the Nicotine fluid. That''s Bulgarian thinking for you I guess.but hope you find something right for ya. good luck and keep it up!

With all the problems you are having with it mate and after all this time, isnt it time to just say no more, and sling the thing?

Try Jacvapour KIO. Scottish company. Very good quality liquids and mini-tanks.V2 are also good. Peterborough based. Bit more expensive.

My advice to Herman, miggins and Shrimpy on this thread is to carry on smoking and blow it out your collective as*es.

Gave up cigs last year, then stopped the e-cigs on the 2nd week of January so i''m no longer in the club. Though they''ve been very helpful getting out of the smoking habit. I''d recommend to anyone who wants to quit.

I dont feel any urge to give it up to be honest at the moment. I don''t intend to be hooked on it forever, but I''m not ready to sling it yet.

Decided to sack off looking for a UK supplier. Prices are ridiculous or quality is naff. Ordered all the base liquids and flavourings so I''m going to have a go at mixing my own. It can''t be that hard (and costs a fraction of the price - most UK suppliers sell 30ml for £8-12... it costs less than 80p to make the stuff!)!.

Those Nunchaku tanks are beyond naff though. Both of them have broken on me within 10days of getting them. Ordered an Aspire Nautilus which everyone raves about so will see how that does.

Been a month now fully off the real ciggies. Invested a few quid on a decent battery and tank and haven''t looked back. (Technically I''ve had one drag of a fag and it was absolutely disgusting, but that''s the only time, honest.)So from my experience if you''re looking to move onto these then buy a good quality one and spend some money, it''ll be cheaper in the long run.

[quote user="Herman "]Been a month now fully off the real ciggies. Invested a few quid on a decent battery and tank and haven''t looked back. (Technically I''ve had one drag of a fag and it was absolutely disgusting, but that''s the only time, honest.)So from my experience if you''re looking to move onto these then buy a good quality one and spend some money, it''ll be cheaper in the long run.[/quote]
+1. I''ve had 2 proper cigs since I switched to E-cigs 2.5 years ago now. Last one was over a year ago and it was vile.
100% agree about buying quality - what set up have you gone for Herman? I just bought an Innokin "Cool Fire 4" battery (one of the little box types) for £35 and I''m very impressed! Best battery I''ve had by quite a distance. I did get the Aspire Nautilus tank in the end, and very happy with that too. Never leaked on me at all and rarely floods. Highly recommend.
I''ve also stopped importing my liquid from the USA and have started mixing my own. It''s dead easy to do and costs very, very little. I make 100ml for about £5 or £6. Would highly recommend going down this route once you''re a bit more accustomed to what flavours you like etc. I just use an online calculator, a 100ml beaker, a 50ml beaker and an empty 100ml bottle. Takes me about 5 minutes. No need for syringes etc that some people suggest you need - I bought loads of them thinking I''d need them, and they more of a hindrance than a help! (I suspect they make it look more complicated than it is in order to dissuade people from doing it themselves and finding out how cheap it is). The PG and VG can be bought on Amazon, I order my Nicotine from "Dr Vapour" website and it''s delivered next day. Flavouring places I''m still experimenting with, but have some recommendations to try out. Had some "Swedish Fish" flavour (it''s fruity, not fishy) flavour from Dr Vapour too and I love it. All I''ve been vaping for about 2 months now - Make 90ml of base liquid (PG/VG/Nicotine solution), add 7-8ml of that and it''s perfect. 
Only problem I''ve had mixing my own was listening to recommendations online for flavour strength at 15%. Tried it once (with a different flavour that was meant to be the "Skittles" sweets) and that stuff was like acid at 15%. My advice is start at 5 or 6% and see if it''s any good. If not, then add another ml or two and try it again, keep going until you find a strength you like.

I have a Jac E series battery with a Kanger made tank. Top quality engineering, although a bit bulky. After the inital outlay, which was about 50 quid, I am now roughly spending a fiver a week, so a massive drop to what I was spending. I don''t think I can be bothered to make my own, rather just spend some money on the flavours I like ready made.

[quote user="Herman "]I have a Jac E series battery with a Kanger made tank. Top quality engineering, although a bit bulky. After the inital outlay, which was about 50 quid, I am now roughly spending a fiver a week, so a massive drop to what I was spending. I don''t think I can be bothered to make my own, rather just spend some money on the flavours I like ready made.[/quote]
Fair enough pal. I quite like making my own because it is so little hassle. Never concern bout running out of liquid, or how long delivery is going to take etc, or having to make a dash to the shop after work etc. I might have a look at the Jac E-series when I get my next battery, although equally may just get another Coolfire4.
What flavours are you on?

Currently using a tobacco flavoured one with the occasional toffee one. Bit sweet but nice nontheless.Have you gone abroad with your vaper and if so what trouble have you had, whether at the airport or in normal situations?

A step closer, but still miles off unfortunately. Exchanged one bad,unhealthy habit for one slightly better, but less smellier.

Gave up real ones quite a while ago now luckily, as well as the electric cigs at the start of january, but funnily enough this month I''ve had two tokes of my friends (e-cig) as he puts it up to 70 watts and wanted to see what it was like...it burns your tongue, but in a good way.

Great to hear that some of you guys have quit smoking tobacco with the help of vaping.
One side note though, some, and do mean some vape equipment can smell pretty rough to non vaping family, colleagues or anyone else close by. Whilst I accept that the second hand vapours are much less harmful than second hand smoke, they can still constitute a pretty high nuisance value.
Anyways, just to reiterate, good job for anyone kicking the evil weed.

Currently using a tobacco flavoured one with the occasional toffee one. Bit sweet but nice nontheless.Have you gone abroad with your vaper and if so what trouble have you had, whether at the airport or in normal situations?

Bit late to the party here, but Yep, have been abroad with it several times. Couple of funny looks from security in countries where it''s not common, but for the most part it''s barely been noticed. The locals in Cambodia were amazed with it and all wanted to try it though which was quite amusing.  [:D]

Can highly reccomend the "Cool Fire 4" battery by the way, best I''ve ever had by a long way!
Edited by kick it off

They are coming for the vapers!!

Although this guy is very partisan there has been more anti-vaping talk appearing lately.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/sep/29/vaping-lung-disease-has-hit-britain

(But I can't help feeling a bit perturbed that the US is getting more upset by deaths linked to badly made and poorly regulated liquid than it is to gun deaths and opioid addiction.)