Sign in to follow this  
smooth

Waited since 1995 for tonight's drama in New Orleans

I have waited a long time for tonight. Having followed the 49ers since the late 80''s going to games since 1992 and having been on a big trip this year to follow them on the road to the Super Bowl across the us. I cannot wait.

The club can learn so much commercially from the us, certainly the MLS engages with the young at games and really targets kids as research shows by the age of 8 a child has decided which club to follow. I worked in this field in the us for three years and it is amazing!

Merchandise is an area we always flag up, the cost of items, quality and range is amazing compared to what our premiership club offers. It is an area we need to grow so that we can reach out to new fans worldwide. A tettey t shirt is clearly an obvious one ''the beast'' for all our norweigan new found fans.

Tonight will be a great game, where I hope frank gore can get a Super Bowl ring after the unbelievable hall of fame career. He has been on a team who for many years have been in transition since those great days.

If we win the feeling will be exactly the same as norwich winning promotion, exactly the same if norwich were to win a cup. Roll on this evening and Super Bowl party.

I''m guilty of having lost touch with American Football in the last years.

But as a spectacle, there isnt much bigger than the Super Bowl.

I''m confused, I thought this was a forum to debate the trials and tribulations of our football team. If it''s simply to wave willies about holidays I''ll dog out my snaps of Cart Gap. I hope the Harlem Globetrotters win now.

I''m more of a ''NO HELMETS, NO PADS......JUST BALLS''.......kinda sports bloke.....

American football?....... No thanks......

I''d record the game......and edit out the ''football''......and retain the bits with the cheerleaders on..... 

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

I''m more of a ''NO HELMETS, NO PADS......JUST BALLS''.......kinda sports bloke.....

American football?....... No thanks......

I''d record the game......and edit out the ''football''......and retain the bits with the cheerleaders on..... 

[/quote]

I Fail to understand how a bunch of american nancy boys all suited up in body armour playing Rugby running around  carrying an Egg and call it Football.  

wrong forum but thought I would add that I have been to many sporting events in the US and it seems to me its not about the sport its about very large americans going out to eat as much sugary/fatty food as they can and then going home before the event has finished

Not sure what we can learn from that

wrong forum but thought I would add that I have been to many sporting events in the US and it seems to me its not about the sport its about very large americans going out to eat as much sugary/fatty food as they can and then going home before the event has finished. Not sure what we can learn from that.

LOL!!

Think you will find our obesity levels and lack of sporting facilities is making us pretty lardy. The level of athleticism and professionalism from high school to professional levels are amazing and we can learn so much.

I did actually note that although it was about American football, I opened the debate or merchandising, how we reach out to our global fans, how we reach out to young fans and How we can learn from the us.

Yeah I agree I mentioned what will be amazing to me but just highlighted how Ncfc can look at how we ca move to another level commercially by looking at the us.

[quote user="smooth"] Having followed the 49ers since the late 80''s going to games since 1992.........[/quote]

Yes indeed it looks as though it has been a dirty old job but somebody had to do it.   [:P]

[IMG]http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj304/jokers_last_laugh/san_francisco_49ers.gif[/IMG]

[quote user="smooth"]Think you will find our obesity levels and lack of sporting facilities is making us pretty lardy. The level of athleticism and professionalism from high school to professional levels are amazing and we can learn so much. I did actually note that although it was about American football, I opened the debate or merchandising, how we reach out to our global fans, how we reach out to young fans and How we can learn from the us. Yeah I agree I mentioned what will be amazing to me but just highlighted how Ncfc can look at how we ca move to another level commercially by looking at the us.[/quote]

But where do you get the title World Champions from, when America is the only country that play it,(American Rugby) that is and no offence meant but we don''t need all the Razza Mataz and all the things that go with American Sport. But I do love the Golf.