Sign in to follow this  
No Quarter

David Williams for manager!!

David Williams and Ian Crook for manager and coach IMO.  Williams has always done brilliantly coaching, and it''s about time someone gave him the chance at the top.  Saturday was a joke and I''m sick of this idiot turning MY club into a laughing stock and dragging it''s name through the mud.

Where was McVeigh? Why was Fleming at right back? Why did Hendo not start with Huckerby on the left? Why did Thorne come on wide right? Why o why o why!!!!

Personally I''d rather have David Walliams as manager!  In the past decade Norwich have had an obsession with promoting inexperienced* staff from within the football club to be manager.  It didn''t work with Deehan, it didn''t work with Megson, it didn''t work with Hamilton and it''s gone wrong under Worthington.  We need a man who is experienced at managing at the highest level, a man with a proven track record. 

*By inexperienced I mean in a managerial capacity

I''m afraid you''ll have to believe me on this one....

BRYAN HAMILTON was a great coach. Just ask any Ipsw*ch fan.

So was Brian Kidd, Carlos Queiroz, Phil Brown, Stuart Gray (remember him at Saints for about a week) and probably countless other coaches.

But a great coach DOES NOT make a good manager. They need people skills, leadership qualities, negotiation abilities, not just coaching skills.

Oh No!!

I agree with you Mook. I would add that it appears many people forget the influence Williams had on the team when he became coach under David Stringer. We previously had enjoyed a wonderful spell and then Williams came along. We then started passing the ball sideways and backwards and the fortune of the club mirrored that culminating in Stringer resigning.

Williams then ended up as youth coach at Leeds and Man Utd and was not a success at either club. He was then in the wilderness for a long time. His last job (I think) was as a driving instructor when Worthy rescued him. Worthy only appoints people who are not a danger to his job - Nuff said.

For goodness sake if this weak board finally gives Worthy the push, please please lets appoint a good proven manager. We should be a great attraction, so long as the board sells the club as a big vibrant go ahead set up with fantastic supporters......... or should I just dream on!

Good post DD - I would have no problem with Williams and Crook stepping up as first team coaches but we need a proven motivator in charge, someone who''s not afraid of tearing the team apart after an apathetic performance and as someone said in another post of firing the team up to win that all important away match on the last day of the season when survival is hanging in the balance.