Sign in to follow this  
Bws Cat

Crack down on Tax havens?

I bloody hope so!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2012/nov/25/treasury-british-tax-havens-crackdown

A big difference between being drawn up and legislation, but I hope the tax dodging scum get their karma.

It will be very difficult to do, my dear BW''s Cat. We have no control over the governance of many of those countries and states.

Better action would be for the likes of you and to stop using these companies to reduce their profits. But this is a double-edged sword as it would mean people in Britain losing jobs.

[quote user="Miss Jane Marple"]

It will be very difficult to do, my dear BW''s Cat. We have no control over the governance of many of those countries and states.

Better action would be for the likes of you and to stop using these companies to reduce their profits. But this is a double-edged sword as it would mean people in Britain losing jobs.

[/quote]

far from it dearest Miss Marple, these off shore havens have in most cases accepted British jurisdiction and some are still under British Protectorate. Will, on the other hand, is lacking, it has been replaced by lack of emphasis, communal betterment and sheer greed. This will, I fear end up in the long grass, just as the reform of both Houses. Time people realise that non of the party politicians have meant as they said, that election time is fancy dreaming.Companies that would like to sell here, should produce here and pay taxes here, if they don''t want this market, call it limited protectionism, they should stay away, whether its finances or goods, services, etc. To undermine our employment market with internships and slave labour schemes, demoralising a young generation and not paying an iota of tax is bad news. I walked past the Star... at the back of the embankment station, London, yesterday and it was heaving, literally spilling out of the doors. To say that they can''t pay taxes when they are raking it in, is preposterous a tax dodge of the highest proportions and this minmority coalition has seen to it by changing corporate tax rules.now what?

My dear nevermind, you obviously know more than I do. Even I am struggling to find a village parallel for tax havens in St Mary Mead.

I quite agree they should pay the taxes. Everybody else has to. There are obviously complications I am not aware of. But there it is.

[quote user="Miss Jane Marple"]

My dear nevermind, you obviously know more than I do. Even I am struggling to find a village parallel for tax havens in St Mary Mead.

I quite agree they should pay the taxes. Everybody else has to. There are obviously complications I am not aware of. But there it is.

[/quote]I''m as much manipulated by our schmooze news that you are Ms. Marple, these rogues have been at it, legally so they say, for decades and their accountants are most likely looking already for loopholes to avert probety.Another article in a series of exposures of these practises.http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/nov/25/offshore-secrets-revealed-shadowy-side

A fascinating programme on Panorama my dears.  I didn''t realise naughty criminals exploited the laws to launder their money but it makes sense they now I think about it.

It is quite a minefield.