Sign in to follow this  
nevermind, neoliberalism has had it

Drones, are they working?

Perhaps drones could be put on the general license ,along with wood pigeon and rabbits ,it would certainly  make clay shooting more interesting ,as the security services start to use them more often (even some councils are considering there use ) I can see a few of these drones "disappearing " "PULL"

You can buy drones, they are totally unregulated and you can build swarms of them, if you so wish, give em payloads and all that.Any body can do anything these days, killing and wars and torture are being normalised, we are softened up with war PR on an almost daily basis. Anybody remember the Valentines day massacre? 20 Feb 1991. Although not hit by a drone, but a guided cruise missile and ''precision'' bombing, the shelter held 1500 women and children.http://www.uruknet.info/?p=95406

LOL.

Seems that surveillance drones had a hand in the eventual arrest of those Islamic Fundamentalists that wanted to kill hundreds of innocents. With thousands of young men of Pakistani heritage travelling from here to Pakistan and back every year it''s an easy way to spot any unusual behaviour.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]LOL.

Seems that surveillance drones had a hand in the eventual arrest of those Islamic Fundamentalists that wanted to kill hundreds of innocents. With thousands of young men of Pakistani heritage travelling from here to Pakistan and back every year it''s an easy way to spot any unusual behaviour.[/quote]

Oh the fantasists, the chit chat tetrrorists and jihadi''s, with no bomb, no bomb making material, I''m beginning to fear for the state of education, especially chemistry when a chemistry student can''t get it together. There is no physical evidence of a bomb plot , a la 7/7? where is the evidence, not even a hint of it. Its more to have something to do with the Birmingham six and misjudgement than it has anything to do with a real plot, although talk of one can land you in hot water. lets wait and see what the evidence and video''s amount to, we would not waste good money on thought crimes.http://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2013/02/non-existent-bigger-than-77-plot/

These third world idiots should thank our Security Services for putting them in a place where they can do no damage (as much as to themselves as to the public). At least they will be amongst lots of their own kind in prison.

"What a success, caught the ''four lions'', the chemical student with no idea, all grassed up by?"

Certainly not by their own community by all accounts.

Be afraid. The list of drone strikes on Pakistan, alone.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_drone_strikes_in_Pakistan The US are planning to establish a drone base in Mali, easily controlling all surrounding countries with their sovereignty busting menace.and then be very afraid, this is the future of warfare by remote control.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5YkQ9w3PJ4&feature=player_embedded

[quote user="Herman "]The pilot probably had the hump from getting his Valentines card 6 days late.[/quote]

Hey, never mind a late card, if Leon Panetta gets his way, these brave men spilling their hot coffee over their laps whilst trying to kill a wedding party, will get a new sort medal, an honour for developing carpal tunnel syndrome in the pursuit of buttons and joysticks.  Still no date sert for talking about drone warfare at the UN.http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/feb/15/pentagon-uproar-over-panetta-medal-drone-operators/

After having had another thread pulled by the anti Levinsons brigade who don''t like the truth, especially not during local election times when it threatens the Tory dominance in Norfolk, I don''t hold much hope that Archant fortunes will revive in the near future.Finally after the shooting of US citizens by drone''s, the US has announced its kind of rules for the use of these unregulated weapon systems.http://openchannel.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/04/16843014-justice-department-memo-reveals-legal-case-for-drone-strikes-on-americans?lite&preview=true%22

I''m slowly changing my mind being a chap that likes to ''make things'', maybe I should get one too.

If the purpose of a drone is to kill and instill terror (I thought it was meant to fight the disease of terror and not be a Petri dish) then yes, they are working. If the purpose of a drone is to police and keep people safe and prevent further carnage, then they are failing miserably. As far as sovereignty goes I was wondering how drones are differentiated from  airplanes. Is it because they are smaller, or that they are unmanned (unwomanned)  or the height at which they fly that they are allowed to impinge on the airspace of others? Is is a crime to shoot them down? One of the horrors of them  is the psychological disconnect caused by the physical disconnect. Because the ''pilot'' is not in any actual danger themselves, as they would be in a ''traditional'' firefight, it becomes easier to kill. Also, because it is virtually like a video game from he standpoint of the pilot, it is also easier to pull the trigger and kill. The last thing anyone needs in war is an increased ease with which they kill.

The USA are considering moving UAV Operations from the CIA to the Defense Department in response, presumably, to questions of transparency. This will also free the CIA to concentrate on what they are supposed to do; gather information. It seems that UAVs are killing terrorists in Pakistan but also forcing them to move from the rural areas into Karachi where they are untouchable by UAVs. If we want to prevent terrorism on these shores then funds would be better spent on stricter control and monitoring of the movement of ''British'' citizens between here and Pakistan (and other countries that harbour, train and indoctrinate terorists).

They want to create terrorists, not prevent them, that is what drones are really good at, hitting the innocent who will in turn get angry. They are the sole justification for their war on terror.When did Al Quaeda, these vicious ruthless terrorists, eve attack their so called arch enemy Israel? and why not? ever asked yourself this question?How come that they can commit all these atrocities, but fail to attack Israel? Is Al Quaeda  a creation of the west, are they fakes?

[quote user="nevermind"] They want to create terrorists, not prevent them, that is what drones are really good at, hitting the innocent who will in turn get angry. They are the sole justification for their war on terror.[/quote]

Your problem is you do not understand them.

[quote user="nevermind"] When did Al Quaeda, these vicious ruthless terrorists, eve attack their so called arch enemy Israel? and why not? ever asked yourself this question?

How come that they can commit all these atrocities, but fail to attack Israel? Is Al Quaeda  a creation of the west, are they fakes?
[/quote]

Al Qaeda might not but Hezbollah do. Israeli has resident Arabs as we have resident Pakistanis, France has resident Algerians, etc.

Ha ha, and you are telling me that I don''t understand and then you throw AlQuaeda and Hezbollah into the same pot.So what do you call a rogue state that has not signed the NPPT, possesses nuclear weapons, attacks its neighbours frequently to steal land and harrass/kill and terrorise them and manyn other members of the world community, ignoring UN law, the law of the seas, its own signed treaties,etc and is now planning to attack another nations civil nuclear programme, because they are riddled with guilt and paranoia?Give you a clue, its not north Korea.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]You "do not understand" the Pakistanis.

Get it?[/quote]I do understand them very well and I tell you there is no comparison between neo colonialism today and their behaviour at large. Thing is I lived and worked with them from early morning till late at night, I had to endure Jack Straws torturous machinations, his use of the whole of Blackburns administration and police to stifle their campaign.You are talking tosh and your tabloid induced fears are irrelevant here.Tell us, why are you using this thread to express your fear? what of the social secuirty and bedroom taxes and all the changes coming in hitting the poorest from Monday on? All through this week’s Times, Telegraph, Mail and Sun told their

readers nothing. They know a lot about immigrants. Sun readers

were told the welfare bill is soaring out of control. They read a freak

story of a woman refusing to take well-paid jobs to keep her children’s

free university places. Just to remind you what''s happening here. And no, I''m not on benefits.

Now then now then, why indeed leave the operators making the decision when the robot is so much more efficient. Israel is the first country to export such robot killers, its called Harpy and it home''s in, make a decision and then dive bombs  on to any radar signal that it is not programmed as friendly. Very unfortunate and since it has been sold to China, most likely unstoppable.Soon this technology will be available to all, bless, robots that attack making their own decision according to the programme, and kill, without a human making the vital decision. That is what happens if you let loose an unregulated technology.http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/17/opinion/sunday/keller-smart-drones.html?_r=0