Sign in to follow this  
PAUL

Remembrance Sunday

Who on here is going to a remembrance service on Sunday?

I''ll be going to the one in the park in Yarmouth with my kids. Just hope it stays dry as I don''t fancy sitting in the church and I like to be able to have a fag during the service!!.

Last year was one of the best attended so hopefully this year will be no different.

Whats wrong with that? I don''t see a problem. There were quite a few people there smoking last year.

Don''t talk,don''t smoke,don''t fart (loudly) and take your hat off.Old fashioned values.

And remember: Spectacles,testicles,wallet and watch[Y]

Ha ha very old fashioned!!

Yes I shall remember to take my wallet (my kids like putting money in the collection) and watch but I don''t use spectacles or a hat.

As for the rest I agree with apart from the smoking.. my 17 year old is coming with us this year so he will want a fag too!!

Another fantastic turnout this year at the park. Kids were well behaved and joined in with the service.

I was in St. Pauls yesterday as they were letting people in for free this weekend. What a truly magnificent building. It was interesting to see all the memorials to the war dead over the centuries. Wellington had an enormous memorial, Nelson''s less ostentatious. Slim, Monty et al. Couldn''t find Wren''s tomb oddly though.

Well worth a visit if you''re next in the smoke.

We went to a very wet & windy St Georges Park in Yarmouth. More there than I thought considering the weather. I was very impressed with the young teenage lad next to us who was singing gustily, although I had to apologise to him as some of my smoke got him!

[quote user="Herman "] Couldn''t find Wren''s tomb oddly though.

Well worth a visit if you''re next in the smoke.[/quote]Must have missed this first time round Herman. Do not know if you''re joking about the quote above/ Wren said that if you wanted to see a memorial  to him "Just Look Around you"

Took this with a bad old phone cam some weeks ago so not very good picture. I tried to buy a couple of the poppies on line and all 888.246 had been sold within days of going on sale. One poppy for each british and colonial member of the armed forces that died WW1.[img]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f121/EWW1/area%20photos/area%20photos%202/poppy2_zps5c0c82b9.jpg[/img].

Couple of friends of mine looking at the wreaths. [IMG]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f121/EWW1/poppiesbandw1_zpsd1ff4230.jpg[/IMG]

Nicely done, if that is the right word[Y]I was in a large Tesco at 11am. That was a strange experience.

Some seemingly do not know the meaning of insensitivity. How can you hold a dinner with your arms dealer chums in the tower, when they are still picking up the poppy''s.http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/the-crass-insensitivity-of-towers-luxury-dinner-for-arms-dealers-days-after-poppy-display-9888507.html

To deliver the ceramic, Tower poppies they decided to use the most incompetent parcel delivery company in the country.[url]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2851623/Outrage-delivery-company-ceramic-poppies-Tower-London-memorial-arrive-new-owners-doors-BROKEN.html[/url]All they had to do was look on the web, or ask me, how useless this company is.